FatHouse64-710

For talk and support relating specifically to Puppy derivatives
stemsee

FatHouse64-710

#1 Post by stemsee »

FatHouse64 is FatDog-710 with modifications to some scripts and configurations, plus many custom scripts by yurs truly. The initrd was borrowed from Lighthouse64, and makes booting more similar to regular pups.

Wifi-Connection Suite, with HotSpot and multi-interface wifi-scanner-2.

Multimedia ready. full music production system. Ardour5.4, audacity, jamin, hydrogen, jack-rack, zynadsubfx, jack, VLC.

Business ready with MasterPDf editor 4, WPS office and libreoffice 5.4.2 (both multilingual which switch when locale is switched along with puppy pins and menus.) Teamviewer 11.

Sticking with kernel 4.7.1 for this release. But also vmlin13 and intrid13 for cherrytrail atom cpu

Google chrome with plugins for whatsa, wechat, skype etc.

chromecast ready. DLNA ready.

PopcornTime, Tor browser, Seamonkey.

Wireshark.

Download @ 2.3GB
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1-gbl_L ... dEzmMAorow
Attachments
fh.png
(119.64 KiB) Downloaded 1515 times
Last edited by stemsee on Fri 03 Nov 2017, 13:57, edited 1 time in total.

ally

#2 Post by ally »

stemsee

#3 Post by stemsee »

Hi and thanks @ ally

Please delete all previous versions from your servers! I will issue the non-media cut down version after some testing.

Thanks.

rockedge

#4 Post by rockedge »

wow....excellent looking biz system! I am looking forward to letting some people see this...

peterw

Fathouse initrd

#5 Post by peterw »

Interesting project. I have downloaded the iso but there is no initrd in it. Do we have to download a Lighthouse as well? Or should I wait until the newer version is published?

L18L

FatHouse64-710-beta

#6 Post by L18L »

As non owner of CD drives I have installed on USB flash drive booting from grub4dos
menu.lst contains:

Code: Select all

# Full installed Linux

title Linux 1920x1080 (sdb1)
  uuid 8c08d66a-ae20-44d2-bb22-579a848b4915
  kernel /vmlinuz root=/dev/sdb1 ro drm_kms_helper.edid_firmware=edid/1920x1080.bin
fd64-devx_710.sfs and fd64-nls_710.sfs are included.

Very interesting project :)

A hybrid iso (like Fatdog) would be nice to have though

EDIT some hours later

Big surprise!
FatHouse64-710-beta is booting without the kernel command line parameter drm_kms_helper.edid_firmware !

L18L

savefile

#7 Post by L18L »

Using a directory did not work for me
Simple file works.

Can someone confirm please ?

stemsee

#8 Post by stemsee »

@peterw

The intrid is builtin to the vmlinuz!

@L18L
Not sure what you mean a simple file doesn't work for you?

Thanks everyone else for positive comments.

The cut down essential version @ ~ 800mb is coming along nicely.

I removed seamonkey, and had to copy many files from /usr/lib64/thunderbird/ to get google chrome working again, and then removed everything thunderbird too. Maybe if i removed seamonkey first then loaded chrome things would have been simpler.

Anyway, I removed a even stuff that came with fd64. There were a few VNC apps in there. xpra doesn't run without devx. Devx is removed from system, java/wine/teamviewer/libreoffice/qemu/pfind/games/ all gone. There seem to be lots of apps to facilitate 'spying' in FD ... what is Secret Service API???

I think it will be very good.

The cut down will see a return to having initrd.xz with modules inside.

cheers!

peterw

Booting FatHouse

#9 Post by peterw »

Thanks for that Stemsee. It does boot on my Ex Chromebook (Acer C720). I am not sure what the Fatdog makers do but the cypress touchpad works in it whereas it does not in other Puppies including your FatHouse. A while ago now, I managed to build a the kernel for a Slacko and have the touchpad working by including the right options in the Dotconfig file. Can't remember precisely what I did that time. I know that when trying to repeat it in woof-ce I have failed on the compile. I need to try again and discover what I did.

stemsee

#10 Post by stemsee »

FatHouse64-S.iso (S for standard/small) @ 882MB

Multi-Lingual ready (Portuguese, US and UK English, Chinese interfaces and yong input method)
Touch-Screen ready - supports pinch to zoom in compatible apps (chrome, geany, gimp, etc)

WPS office
MMview - lightweight file viewer by mochimoepel
4.7.1 kernel with initrd.xz
Masterpdf4 - comprehensive pdf editor
Google-Chrome (extensions for whatsapp, wechat, skype, facebook messenger, chrome cast, VGet-dlna, save as pdf, translate ... etc)
PopcornTime - View latest movies
RefDnD (reference list builder/ file router/ directory to work scene restore/ media list builder/player)
Wifi-Connection suite
slocategui find stuff and operate on it.
desktop slideshow/wallpaper changer
sfs-unattended-remaster + savefile utilities
VLC mediaplayer only
Wex
Very Simple Screen Recorder
Mongoose web server
Xpra (needs devx)
VNC - viewer
ssvnc (needs devx) server
Guvcview webcam interface
Qashctl sound card mixer
Cups printing
XVKBD on-screen virtual keyboard (touch ready)
XSane scanner
Gftp ftp app
Notecase - notes manager
Xournal - vey comprehensive media-note builder
Lxterminal - comprehensive X terminal emulator
Roxfiler - file manager
Bcrypt - file encryption utility
MTP-Browser - phone/tablet file manager
Cloud disk - mount remote storage
RMSFS - list files in an sfs with option to remove listed files from system or other directory.
plus lots more ...
Attachments
Smal.png
(105.87 KiB) Downloaded 1246 times
FatHouse64-S-link.txt.gz
fake .gz
(61 Bytes) Downloaded 191 times

L18L

savefile

#11 Post by L18L »

stemsee wrote:@L18L
Not sure what you mean a simple file doesn't work for you?
My comment was about save directory not working for me.

stemsee

#12 Post by stemsee »

Save directory not yet implemented in lighthouse initrd init! But, one inconsistency is the savefile.sh from fatdog gives the option to create save directory.

ndujoe1

#13 Post by ndujoe1 »

I like the combined title FatHouse :)

stemsee

#14 Post by stemsee »

@ndujoe1

Either FatHouse or LightDog or FatLight or HouseDog ... I think I chose the right one lol

--------------------------------------

I have got this running on an Asus T100 HA (atom x8500 x4 @1.44ghz ram 2gb 64gb eMMC) tablet with keyboard dock.

I used LICK for grub from this forum. However only boots off of usb stick!

Screen rotation sorted by adding to '/root/.xinitrc' in screen resolution section beneath 'zarfy -l' line

Code: Select all

xrandr --output DTS1 --rotate left
No sound yet but dsdt patch is available. Wifi via usb dongle. No touchscreen, no two finger touchpad, yet.

Runs quite fast.

EDIT: boots off of internal storage when ext4 formatted.
Last edited by stemsee on Sun 28 May 2017, 21:56, edited 1 time in total.

stemsee

#15 Post by stemsee »

T100HA micro-sd card reader works only when card already inserted before boot up.

stemsee

#16 Post by stemsee »

Here is an update.

New feature is aerosnap ... pressing windows key and an arrow key will configure active window to half of the screen be it top left or right etc

Libreoffice updated.
RefDnD updated
Wifi-Scanner-2 updated

Most vnc stuff removed, and the mongoose server etc

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1-gbl_L ... dEzmMAorow

Volhout

cherry trail

#17 Post by Volhout »

Hi stemsee,

I saw in the first post that you have included intrd13 and vmlin13 to support cherry trail cpu's.
Can you briefly explain, or point to an article, that axplains the specifics.

I have a notebook with x5-8300 cpu, and would like to see if this distro works. I read that especially on audio (non-HDMI) there where problems in linux. HDMI audio was fixed for computesticks earlier.

Regards,

Volhout

stemsee

#18 Post by stemsee »

Hi Volhout

I have an HP x2 n100 series type 2-in-1 tablet/laptop with detachable screen. It has 2gb ram and 32gb storage. The bios allows boot from efi file on usb.

I have a cut down version of FatHouse running on it. The audio and optional office suite have been removed. It is 780mb .sfs because the windows 10 installation takes up most of the storage! Probably a regular FatDog64-710 installation with the 4.13.3 kernel for atom cpu would be a better option for these small ram tablet hybrids. The main difference is in the initrd. FatHouse uses Lighthouse initrd and a different init script than in fatdog; specifically it always loads into ram, rather than mounting on a loop device. That's why I have a cutdown version.

The kernel 4.13.3 was compiled for 'Atom' cpu: this is a config setting when building/compiling the kernel. There are thousands of config settings, in case you never tried configuring the kernel options.

Along with the Atom setting, more hid and i2c, and now added intel baytrail and cherrytrail (Atom series) specific hardware driver options have been selected and where possible compiled into the kernel rather than as loadable modules. It was a bit hit and miss. I have touchscreen (2 finger) working, hdmi sound output (untested), Bluetooth (i use for stereo output), wifi is working, brightness control is working, sleep is working, wake-up is working. These items were previously unsupported. And remain unsupported on the Asus T100/101ha series hybrids.

All the usual stuff is working: detachable keyboard (xvkbd is in OS and works by touchscreen input), Powerbutton, usb 2.0 port (not sure if usb 3 in same socket is working but i compiled it in!), usb c port, all internal partitions on mmcblk storage. But the sd card reader, webcam, and induilt audio card are not supported. That is why I keep the win 10 installation.

I Usually use a stub usb 2.0 thumbdrive with a swap partition.

Volhout

Thanks for the summray of what is working

#19 Post by Volhout »

Hi Stemsee

Thanks for the update. Impressive that you got this all working.
To bad the build in audio is not yet supported.

Regards,

Harm