10 Things to Know Before Starting a Raspberry Pi Project

What works, and doesn't, for you. Be specific, and please include Puppy version.
Flash
Official Dog Handler

#1 Post by Flash »

Too much there to try for a synopsis.

belham2

#2 Post by belham2 »

I can't remember who on murga here told me this a long while ago, but your post above of '10 things to know' reminded me of it. That person's reply was 10 letters & punctuation:

1--- D
2--- o
3--- n
4--- '
5--- t
6--- d
7--- o
8--- i
9--- t
10--.

I wish I had listened. Wasted way too many hours and it still was something that ended up crude and futile to work with. Raspberry Pi, imho, needs much, much more work and refinement. Puppies are like wearing hardened boots over hot coals, no problems as you don't even realize there's coals underfoot. Rasp pi is like going barefoot, and screaming & yelling incessantly while the coals burn ya left & right. :lol: That'd be the first thing to know about starting a raspberry pi project, haha.

Flash
Official Dog Handler

#3 Post by Flash »

:lol:

ally

#4 Post by ally »

I run a number of Pi's

there are the dogs b*ll*cks

6 drives attached to a pi running openmediavault for nas storage, the performance is incredible, uploads, downloads and transfers concurrently without issue, useful way to offload torrents from your main device, I found a couple of obscure puppies that took many weeks to download, a few byes at a time

another with a DAC attached to my hifi running rune audio, the sound quality is amazing for the price

and lastly with a camera for cctv ish type stuff

admittedly not so good as a pc device although everything bar browsing is ok

if you have one kicking around I really recommend runnng OMV!

:)