Police chase & death.

For stuff that really doesn't have ANYTHING to do with Puppy
Ted Dog

Police chase & death.

#1 Post by Ted Dog »

Last Friday I was running appointments for family and returning from one, was turning left in a line of cars and trucks, when a loud boom and massive jolt happened, as the Question came to mind on what happened, I saw car parts flying skyward above this large gravel truck ( 18 wheeler ) so car hit back end of turning gravel truck.
Then both lead cars on the other two lanes going straight was lifted up from behind, all back wheels off ground ( looked like hand of G-d) yanked them back, up and apart / \.

That is when I saw the spinning clockwise mass of metal clear my hood ( its 4ft from pavement to top of hood ) landing parallel to me after a 180 clockwise spin and slightly behind the cab of my tall truck.
The dark cloth like object spinning with the mass of metal was a small framed adult male or young teen boy dark skinned either black or dark skinned Hispanic.
He landed face down and laid out with arms by side and legs straight. Like he was planking. in-front of passenger door a few feet from crumpled car and about 10ft from me. He did not move entire time I was there.
A few seconds I was starting to get out of my truck to help or comfort ( or last rites ) injured male on road. Check for clear path to my left and begun to unlatch seat belt. That is when I spotted the county lawman yank door off passenger side and do the full stance with gun pointed inside car.
Figured out quickly, that for cops to be there under 15 seconds he must have been chasing this car.
So I relocked my door, latch seat belt and drove into on coming police units to clear the area.
There where only two vehicles undamaged mine and the truck in front of mine. Got some metal shard embedded in rear wheel-well and a scuffed tire.
The small framed male passed away, the other occupant ( there was no one upright in car could see it all till gray smoke filled it. ) was taken to hospital and later charged with murder.

here are some links.
http://news4sanantonio.com/news/local/t ... in-schertz

The 'dry spot' in first picture was where the small male body was

http://www.kens5.com/news/crime/police- ... /439395163

The cops SUV pulled behind me. the empty spot beside car was where I was at 12:11PM last Friday

That close!!!!

Ted Dog

#2 Post by Ted Dog »

Update: young person was only 18yo from the next town past Schertz, TX. ( they where heading too there )

Sad, he just became an adult and did not live long enough to enjoy it.

R.I.P.

I know the family by name only.

p310don

#3 Post by p310don »

That's a horribly sad story.

Best to do your best to live life to the fullest and enjoy it. Tomorrow is not promised. Glad you're ok Ted.

Interesting aside. Here is QLD Australia, the police are not allowed to engage in high speed pursuits to avoid this type of outcome.

cthisbear

#4 Post by cthisbear »

Nice to see you back Ted Dog.
I thought your story was going to be a Bruce B donut moment.
Miss him too.

Cheers....Chris.

musher0

#5 Post by musher0 »

HI Ted Dog.

Yeah, as cthisbear said: nice to see you back.

Terrible tragedy. Glad to hear you're ok although you were caught in the
middle of it.

Take care, eh?

BFN.
musher0
~~~~~~~~~~
"You want it darker? We kill the flame." (L. Cohen)