Send Barry to the Linux Foundation convention

Puppy related raves and general interest that doesn't fit anywhere else
ndujoe1

Send Barry to the Linux Foundation convention

#1 Post by ndujoe1 »

I got an email from the Linux Foundation today, advertising a call for papers and speakers at this next convention APISTRAT | OCT. 31 - NOV. 2, 2017 | PORTLAND, OREGON.

I am not qualified that's for sure, but a long term Puppylinux User. It would be nice to have perhaps Barry Kauler speak or someone from our Puppylinux community to get our favorite Linux flavor more notice on the world stage. I know that there are many forks and flavors of Puppylinux that have been created over the years, but it is a joy to use this OS.

I have been using it exclusively since 2005.
http://events.linuxfoundation.org/event ... aign=api17

TeX Dog

#2 Post by TeX Dog »

Two thumbs up, Portland OR was the best experience for a tech conference I had ever had. Food was excellent even at the local fast food chains, Air was nice, weather changes dramatically, Come in shorts and had two feet of snow, left in jeans and hoodies. Airport was best, took only 5 mins from drop off at curb to plane ( and left 20mins early ) Treated respectfully and my TSA agent looked like a Swedish super model < not sure if that is standard > :wink:
So different than Texas Mnts with snow, So many trees can't tell where the forest are, also sky is mostly green with some blue patches. Did have a problem telling 20yos and younger genders apart, they dress the same and all had longish hair.
Local folks very nice ( almost Texas Tier ) and intelligent ( above Texas Tier )

TeX Dog

#3 Post by TeX Dog »

wow, checked online and not many tickets left available for that time-frame, but if we/he can plan it right there are connections in Hawaii, 8)
looks like 1200-2200 USD full trip. does this qualify for a gofundme site link?

s243a

#4 Post by s243a »

So is this a call for donations or something?

BarryK
Puppy Master

#5 Post by BarryK »

s243a wrote:So is this a call for donations or something?
Ha ha, I hope not!

Used to attend conferences in my academic days. Only one overseas one, in New Zealand.

Not interested in sitting through a whole lot of presentations anymore, and the small talk.

Actually, its great being retired, and doing whatever one feels like each day.
[url]https://bkhome.org/news/[/url]

cthisbear

#6 Post by cthisbear »

" Actually, its great being retired, and doing whatever one feels like
each day. "

"""""""""""

Bludging on us he is.

A bit of Quirky.
Some Easy Linux.
Add Rasberry PI.

Hardly done anything really.

Next he'll be lounging around at the Perth Show as an official.

Cheers BK.....Chris.