Delete account

Booting, installing, newbie
rufwoof

Delete account

#1 Post by rufwoof »

How do you delete your account.

I can't find a option for that in the profile section. Did try blanking out the email, with the idea of setting the password to a long unrecorded and unmemorable password, but blank email addresses aren't accepted either (guess a fictitious email might be entered, but that might (?) not get permanently changed if not confirmed with a reply to a automated message sent to that email address ??).

TIA

jafadmin

#2 Post by jafadmin »

PM Flash. He's a mod. He'll help you out ..

slavvo67

#3 Post by slavvo67 »

rufwoof:

I hope you're not leaving the community!

Best,

Slavvo67

rufwoof

#4 Post by rufwoof »

I am Slavvo67. Want to clean things up properly however rather than just removing bookmarks etc. I already have enough emails that are sent from prior registrations of one thing or another that I can no longer access to change. Some do seem to cater for 'send no more' replies to their emails but others don't (such as needing to log in to change those preferences, but where the userid is disabled and can't be accessed). I set those to drop into the spam folder, but that still needs to be manually checked to ensure valid emails weren't wrongly identified as being spam.

@jafadmin ... thanks.

musher0

#5 Post by musher0 »

Rufwoof ?

Just to let you know, before (if?) you leave...

Your presence here is appreciated. The decision is your own of course, but
we'll be missing your insights and comments if you do leave.

And if you do leave, I wish you the best in your new adventures.
musher0
~~~~~~~~~~
"You want it darker? We kill the flame." (L. Cohen)

Mike Walsh

#6 Post by Mike Walsh »

You'll be missed, ruffers.

What've we done to upset you, mate?

Mike. :(

dancytron

#7 Post by dancytron »

I hope you don't leave. You make a very valuable, cutting edge contribution.

Please don't let "you know who" chase you out of here. Unfortunately, the forum doesn't have an ignore function, but I'd advise you use a "virtual ignore" function and just don't read posts from certain people. It's worked for me and done wonders for my blood pressure too.

Dan

mostly_lurking

#8 Post by mostly_lurking »

I can only repeat what the others already said - it would be sad to see you leave.

Flash
Official Dog Handler

#9 Post by Flash »

Rufwoof, I'd hate to see you go, but if that's what you want then send me a PM from the account you want deleted. Tell me exactly what you want done. And be advised that I can't undo a deletion. You will be able to re-register with the same name and email address, but in that case you won't be able to edit the posts made from your original account.

Robert123

#10 Post by Robert123 »

Oh bloody hell - Stahawk, Mikeb now Rufwoof man this is bad a black day in Murga history.:(:(.

Thank you Rufwoof for all you have contributed.
Devuan Linux, Stardust 013 (4.31) updated [url]https://archive.org/details/Stardustpup013glibc2.10[/url]
s57(2018)barebone[url]https://sourceforge.net/projects/puppy-linux-minimal-builds/files/s57%282018%29barebones.iso/download[/url]

greengeek

#11 Post by greengeek »

Hi rufwoof - does this mean that the links to your dropbox offerings will be deleted? I have been hoping to get to the point where I could use the Blender stuff you offered for Slacko 5.3.3t but it is not a 5 minute job testing that sort of thing and getting competent with it.

All the other 3D stuff i tried gave me heaps of trouble but it looks like you got some goodies well sorted for Slacko. Please don't ditch it!! Please stick around to offer help and advice!!

cheers
gg