Puppy Linux Discussion Forum Forum Index Puppy Linux Discussion Forum
Puppy HOME page : puppylinux.com
"THE" alternative forum : puppylinux.info
 
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

The time now is Fri 15 Nov 2019, 03:56
All times are UTC - 4
 Forum index » Advanced Topics » Puppy Projects
XenialDog (Ubuntu 16.04 'Xenial Xerus' LTS, 32-bit)
Moderators: Flash, JohnMurga
Post new topic   Reply to topic View previous topic :: View next topic
Page 46 of 69 [1024 Posts]   Goto page: Previous 1, 2, 3, ..., 44, 45, 46, 47, 48, ..., 67, 68, 69 Next
Author Message
backi

Joined: 27 Feb 2011
Posts: 1822
Location: GERMANY

PostPosted: Wed 14 Jun 2017, 05:48    Post subject:  

Hi Toni !

Quote:
Trust me -.........


So i do
Sounds quite reasonable .....your explanation...
Clean and simple .

Regards !
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message 
fredx181


Joined: 11 Dec 2013
Posts: 4157
Location: holland

PostPosted: Wed 14 Jun 2017, 07:26    Post subject:  

@All

Sorry to say, but I marked this thread as [CLOSED]

Those who have followed a little about what happened in the past (saintless<>fredx181) can probably guess why.
I don't feel like replying in this thread anymore, so IMO closing it is the right thing to do.
Also I have some other reasons, e.g. it's too much time consuming doing things almost all solely, that was OK while it was fun for me, but it isn't anymore now.

To quote B-B King:
"The thrill is gone"

And to quote Frank Zappa partially:
"The Dogs are not dead, they just smell funny"
(originally: "Jazz is not dead, it just smells funny")

Sorry again, and see you later maybe.

Fred

EDIT: To clarify some more about why I closed this thread:
I feel that when you start a thread you are responsible to watch it for replies.
But I'm fed up reading replies from certain persons, to say it as polite as possible: "Not my style of communication" Or "Talking nonsense" (see for example below next post)

So I simply "freed" myself from having to read the bullsh*t.
Bye!

Last edited by fredx181 on Wed 14 Jun 2017, 09:33; edited 1 time in total
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message 
anikin

Joined: 10 May 2012
Posts: 1020

PostPosted: Wed 14 Jun 2017, 08:35    Post subject:  

fredx181 wrote:
@All

Sorry to say, but I marked this thread as [CLOSED]

Those who have followed a little about what happened in the past (saintless<>fredx181) can probably guess why.
I don't feel like replying in this thread anymore, so IMO closing it is the right thing to do.
Also I have some other reasons, e.g. it's too much time consuming doing things almost all solely, that was OK while it was fun for me, but it isn't anymore now.

To quote B-B King:
"The thrill is gone"

And to quote Frank Zappa partially:
"The Dogs are not dead, they just smell funny"
(originally: "Jazz is not dead, it just smells funny")

Sorry again, and see you later maybe.

Fred

This and all the other "Dog" threads are part and parcel of The DebianDog Project. Saintless (Toni) is the one who started The DD Project. Closing, or starting any subprojects is Toni's prerogative, not yours. Doing otherwise is a violation of the norms of decency and betrayal of trust.

As I have told you many times before: Start Your Own Project. Call it Amstel/Portwine/Rubber Duck, but please, Stop Playing Games!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message 
Pelo

Joined: 10 Sep 2011
Posts: 12591
Location: Mer méditerrannée (1 kms°)

PostPosted: Wed 14 Jun 2017, 12:27    Post subject: Respectuous congratulations for your xenialDog
Subject description: Closed ? That is no problem, you inform people.
 

That is no problem, you inform people. That is just what i wanted in 2016 for other devs. It’s simple, and you keep all my respect ,fredx181.
What i regret, is that now OS stop to install topics. I consider that the OS life begins when development is finished, and OS is released
Like for human, you are born on june, 1st. Your life begins.
Development would be when the mother (father for OS) is pregnant.
Sorry for some (light) dispute. Nice job fredx181, i keep Xenialpup on my 8GB pendrive , to board on it.. As a passenger, of course.

_________________
Passenger Pelo ! don't ask him to repair the aircraft. Don't use him as a demining dog .... pleeease.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Yahoo Messenger 
fredx181


Joined: 11 Dec 2013
Posts: 4157
Location: holland

PostPosted: Wed 14 Jun 2017, 13:33    Post subject: Re: Respectuous congratulations for your xenialDog
Subject description: Closed ? That is no problem, you inform people.
 

Pelo wrote:
That is no problem, you inform people. That is just what i wanted in 2016 for other devs. It’s simple, and you keep all my respect ,fredx181.
What i regret, is that now OS stop to install topics. I consider that the OS life begins when development is finished, and OS is released
Like for human, you are born on june, 1st. Your life begins.
Development would be when the mother (father for OS) is pregnant.
Sorry for some (light) dispute. Nice job fredx181, i keep Xenialpup on my 8GB pendrive , to board on it.. As a passenger, of course.


Thanks Pelo,
I guess my french is worse than your english, so I better write english:

I must admit that I understand only half of what you are saying.
(language issue again!!??)
But I feel your friendly intention!! That's the most important.

Be brave Smile

Fred
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message 
zagreb999

Joined: 11 Apr 2014
Posts: 518
Location: Yugoslavija

PostPosted: Wed 14 Jun 2017, 15:20    Post subject: MY COMPLIMENTS TO MR. fredx181!!!  

MY COMPLIMENTS TO MR. fredx181!!!

OPERATING SYSTEMS BY FRED ARE THE BEST
IN LINUX WORLD...


REGARDS.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message 
backi

Joined: 27 Feb 2011
Posts: 1822
Location: GERMANY

PostPosted: Wed 14 Jun 2017, 15:41    Post subject:  

Hi fred !

Although the whole situation leaves me somehow a bit clueless and sad...you managed to make me laugh again ......

Quote:
Thanks Pelo,
I guess my french is worse than your english, so I better write english:

I must admit that I understand only half of what you are saying.
(language issue again!!??)
But I feel your friendly intention!! That's the most important.

Laughing Laughing Laughing

A good dose of humor is always the best medicine .

Regards !

P.S:
I expect you receive lots of posts from a huge fan base the next days .....well earned !!!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message 
saintless


Joined: 11 Jun 2011
Posts: 3882
Location: Bulgaria

PostPosted: Wed 14 Jun 2017, 16:29    Post subject:  

backi wrote:
Hi fred !

Although the whole situation leaves me somehow a bit clueless and sad...

Don't warry backi. He will be fine soon.
It is just hard for him to admit in public he isn't the "sole genious" behind any Dog linux. It is not the first time Fred quits and closes a thread. As you can see he keeps it open for replies and gives answers after his "Closed" post.
Same game, different name Wink

Toni

_________________
Farewell, Nooby, you will be missed...
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message MSN Messenger 
fredx181


Joined: 11 Dec 2013
Posts: 4157
Location: holland

PostPosted: Thu 22 Jun 2017, 08:13    Post subject:  

Re-opened again because I agree with this:

mcewanw wrote:
As I say, all dogs are community projects; no-one can ask for that work to be locked or deleted without agreement from the other contributors.


Fred

_________________
Dog Linux website
Tinylinux blog by wiak
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message 
Max Headroom


Joined: 28 Jun 2006
Posts: 402
Location: GodZone Kiwi

PostPosted: Fri 23 Jun 2017, 18:06    Post subject:  

G'day there again People, Trying 2 install this on a Pentium 4, Frugally Getting " uncompression error -- System halted " Message when Booting Confused

Wot does this Mean? Please

& How Do I Fix it?

Thanx

SmileK
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Yahoo Messenger 
Max Headroom


Joined: 28 Jun 2006
Posts: 402
Location: GodZone Kiwi

PostPosted: Sun 25 Jun 2017, 07:32    Post subject:  

Please Help again Chaps, I'm Trying 2 install this on an i5 Desktop, Dual Booting w/ M$ Virus Bait, But it Won't Boot, I get the following Jiberish

wee 0> find --set-root /grldr
(0x80,0)
wee 0> /grldr
wee 13>

How Do I Fix this Please?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Yahoo Messenger 
backi

Joined: 27 Feb 2011
Posts: 1822
Location: GERMANY

PostPosted: Sun 25 Jun 2017, 08:54    Post subject:  

Hi Max!
Sorry to say.... don`t have the slightest clue .

Quote:
Trying 2 install this on a Pentium 4, Frugally


Installing to what ?...how ? (grub4dos?)

Giving some more details does increase chance to find someone to give further
instructions .

Regards !
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message 
fredx181


Joined: 11 Dec 2013
Posts: 4157
Location: holland

PostPosted: Sun 25 Jun 2017, 16:12    Post subject:  

backi wrote:
Hi Max!
Sorry to say.... don`t have the slightest clue .

Quote:
Trying 2 install this on a Pentium 4, Frugally


Installing to what ?...how ? (grub4dos?)

Giving some more details does increase chance to find someone to give further
instructions .

Regards !


Hi Max,

Yes, very important to solve your problem is that you give info about:
- How you installed (e.g.using Xenialdog installer or manually copying or..)
- What's the type of filesystem you installed to, e.g. ext4, fat32, ntfs
- If you created that filesystem yourself, you used Gparted or... and with which distro ?
Looking at the error message, you used Grub4dos as bootloader (probably "wee.mbr")

Fred

_________________
Dog Linux website
Tinylinux blog by wiak
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message 
Max Headroom


Joined: 28 Jun 2006
Posts: 402
Location: GodZone Kiwi

PostPosted: Sun 25 Jun 2017, 18:18    Post subject:  

OK Guys Thanx 4 your attention 2 this issue...

Because the XenialDogFrugal installer couldn't find the Kernel when I Directed 2 it, instead I Copied the Casper & isolinux Folders off the CD & put them 2 SDA2 the Root of Windows 7 C:\\ which is an NTFS File System, which is also where the menu.lst File is Residing ( Btw this issue also Means M$ Virus Bait Windows isn't available )

No Partitioning done because this is a Frugal install & I Don't know Wot Tool ( Grub4DOS ? ) XenialDogFrugal installer Uses 2 Create the MBR & menu.lst?

But 1 thing that does occur 2 Me is that I've Never installed XenialDog or Any Puppy or Dual Booted them on such Modern Hardware ( 2012 intel QuadCore i5 3.2 GHz ) Ever Previously & I'm Not Familiar & Confident w/ UEFi & GPT or wee.mbr 4 that matter.

SmileK
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Yahoo Messenger 
Max Headroom


Joined: 28 Jun 2006
Posts: 402
Location: GodZone Kiwi

PostPosted: Mon 26 Jun 2017, 00:55    Post subject:  

Backi, I can't find where 2 Set Date & Time in E17 & incredibly can't fing the answer on the iNet

SmileK
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Yahoo Messenger 
Display posts from previous:   Sort by:   
Page 46 of 69 [1024 Posts]   Goto page: Previous 1, 2, 3, ..., 44, 45, 46, 47, 48, ..., 67, 68, 69 Next
Post new topic   Reply to topic View previous topic :: View next topic
 Forum index » Advanced Topics » Puppy Projects
Jump to:  

You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum
You cannot attach files in this forum
You can download files in this forum


Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group
[ Time: 0.2068s ][ Queries: 13 (0.1125s) ][ GZIP on ]