Puppy Linux Discussion Forum Forum Index Puppy Linux Discussion Forum
Puppy HOME page : puppylinux.com
"THE" alternative forum : puppylinux.info

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

The time now is Mon 18 Dec 2017, 10:57
All times are UTC - 4
 Forum index » Advanced Topics » Additional Software (PETs, n' stuff) » Multimedia
Kodi for Fatdog-710 packages and SFS Final
Page 1 of 3 [32 Posts]   Goto page: 1, 2, 3 Next
step

PostPosted: Sun 11 Jun 2017, 03:39    Post subject:  Kodi for Fatdog-710 packages and SFS Final  

Here's a version of Kodi 17.3 compiled on Fatdog64-710 for Fatdog64-710. This is the final version, updated 2017-09-13. Thanks to all those who gave feedback on the test builds. If you have downloaded the RC3 SFS version 2017.09.03, you don't need to upgrade. The final version differs slightly in the way kodi is packaged.

Discussion for this version starts here.

There's a set of TXZ packages and two bundled Kodi SFS files. SFS users need to install or load python2, then choose one of the SFS files:
- with avahi (all-in-one)
- without avahi, if you already have avahi installed.
One way or another, avahi must be installed for this build to run.
Please read the README file.

The all-in-one version is available from the Fatdog64 SFS Manager in Control Panel. The without-avahi version can be downloaded from the download link below.

Since 2017-07-17 an optional, experimental SFS of Kodi binary add-ons is also available from the download link below.

The attached tar.gz archive contains download instructions and links. Your feedback is welcome. Thank you.
README-kodi.md.tar.gz
Description  updated 2017.09.13
gz

Download 
Filename  README-kodi.md.tar.gz 
Filesize  3.84 KB 
Downloaded  165 Time(s) 

Last edited by step on Tue 31 Oct 2017, 13:35; edited 11 times in total
jake29

PostPosted: Sun 11 Jun 2017, 05:42    Post subject: Thanks  

Great, thanks for making this. I will report back any issues.
Moose On The Loose

PostPosted: Sun 11 Jun 2017, 11:29    Post subject: Re: Kodi for Fatdog-710 packages and SFS (beta)  

step wrote:
Here's a version of Kodi 17.3 compiled on Fatdog64-710 for Fatdog64-710. I consider it a beta release though I haven't noticed issues. There's a bundle of TXZ packages and a whole SFS. You also need to install or load python2. The attached tar.gz archive contains download instructions and links. Your feedback is welcome. Thank you.

Off hand do you know what kernel version 710 is using and if it plus Kodi works with a USB TV Tuner.

I have been making zero headway on actually getting a Hauppauge-955Q to work on Puppy-528. I haven't given up but the issues are getting deeper and deeper because the kernel in 528 is from before support was added.
step

PostPosted: Sun 11 Jun 2017, 12:57    Post subject:  

Kernel 4.4.35 but I don't know about the rest of your question.
jake29

PostPosted: Tue 13 Jun 2017, 08:35    Post subject: No issues  

After a few days, I can find no issues with this build.

A little tip. Placing the attached mouse.xml (remove the .gz extension) in /root/.kodi/userdata/keymaps/ will enable mouse-wheel volume scrolling, as opposed to the default 'seeking.'
mouse.xml.gz
Description 
gz

Download 
Filename  mouse.xml.gz 
Filesize  869 Bytes 
Downloaded  82 Time(s) 
Moose On The Loose

PostPosted: Tue 13 Jun 2017, 09:59    Post subject:  

step wrote:
Kernel 4.4.35 but I don't know about the rest of your question.

Thanks for the info.
I will continue to work on my topic time permitting
again thanks
Gordie

PostPosted: Sun 18 Jun 2017, 19:43    Post subject: Not working for me  

I tried to follow the directions and this is the result when starting KODI from a terminal:

Code:
# kodi]
/usr/lib64/kodi/kodi.bin: symbol lookup error: /usr/lib64/kodi/kodi.bin: undefined symbol: PyUnicodeUCS4_AsUTF8String
#
step

PostPosted: Mon 19 Jun 2017, 11:08    Post subject:  

After some googling I suspect this error isn't directly related to Kodi. Some Internet posts suggest this is due to a version mismatch between the Cairo and Python2 packages. Specifically:
in 2012 a python user wrote:

undefined symbol: PyUnicodeUCS4_AsUTF8String

IIRC it means that cairo was compiled against a Python compiled with --enable-unicode=ucs4. But the version of Python you have was not (default is ucs2).

Maybe you can find a different version/packaging of cairo that matches this.

Let's make sure you have the default Fatdog64 python and cairo packages. Open a terminal window, type the first line below (omit the '#' character), press Enter. You should get the next two lines as output.
Code:

# slapt-get --installed | grep -e ^python-2 -e ^cairo-
cairo-1.14.6-x86_64-1 [inst=yes]: cairo 1.14.6 (Advanced 2D graphics library) 
python-2.7.11-x86_64-1 [inst=yes]: python 2.7.11 (Python programming language) 

If your output looks different, please try the following commands and report what you get.
Type the lines the start with '#' and '>>>' but omit those prefixes:
Code:

# python
Python 2.7.11 (default, Mar  8 2016, 14:58:29)
[GCC 4.8.3] on linux2
Type "help", "copyright", "credits" or "license" for more information.
>>> import sys
>>> print sys.maxunicode
>>> exit()

You should get 1114111.

Re-installing Python and Cairo

You can try reinstalling Python and Cairo from the Fatdog Package manager.

(Gordie, I know you know how to run gslapt. The following instructions are meant for less experienced users, should they run into this thread in the future)

1. Tray menu "Setup" > "Fatdog Control Panel"
2. Tab "System" item "Glapt Package Manager"
3. Menu "Edit" > "Preferences"
4. Tab "Sources" and ensure that one of the items is "http://distro.ibiblio.org/fatdog/packages/710" and that it's enabled. If not add such an item. Click OK to exit this dialog.
5. Click "Update" and wait until Gslapt updates its list of packages.
6. Search for "cairo", select "cairo-1.14.6-x86_64-1", right-click and select "Re-install".
7. Search for "python", select "python-2.7.11-x86_64-1", right-click and select "Re-install".
8. Button bar, click "Execute" and confirm your intention.

Gordie

PostPosted: Mon 19 Jun 2017, 11:43    Post subject: Success  

FIINALLY! Forget all the complicated instructions that suggest "alternatives". Just use .sts for KODI Also load the
Fatdog64 devx SFS from the SFS manager.

Works just like that.

This is on Fatfdog64-710 with no mods and running live on my usb stick.
step

PostPosted: Mon 19 Jun 2017, 14:51    Post subject:  

Yeah, that's the idea. Fatdog64 + Kodi SFS + Fatdog64 devx SFS = Kodi works.

Users who don't want to load the devx SFS can install the python 2 package as an alternative to the devx.

jake29

PostPosted: Mon 03 Jul 2017, 22:26    Post subject: InputStream Adaptive / RTMP Input
Subject description: Missing Addons

I noticed an issue with a live-stream when using BBC iPlayer. One instruction was to enable:
Code:
Kodi 17.x \ System \ Addons \ My addons \ VideoPlayer InputStream \ InputStream Adaptive \ (right click) \ Information \ Enable

But it's missing when running the sfs. As best I can tell; the addon should be included, but disabled by default.

https://kod1help.com/enable-inputstream-client-for-rtmp-streams-in-kodi-17-3

The addons are available from this repo: https://github.com/kodinerds/binary-repo/blob/master/repository.kodinerds_Generic_x68_64-1.0.3.zip

Please correct me if I am mistaken here.
step

PostPosted: Tue 04 Jul 2017, 09:59    Post subject:  

I can look at this during the weekend. Meanwhile could you please add some steps to reproduce this issue? Thanks.
jake29

PostPosted: Tue 04 Jul 2017, 12:57    Post subject:  

step wrote:
I can look at this during the weekend. Meanwhile could you please add some steps to reproduce this issue? Thanks.

Addon Name: iPlayer WWW
Addon Version: 3.0.10
Addon Forum: https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=239378

Issue: BBC News Channel live-stream begins normally, but after 1 minute stream is interrupted (picture freeze - no audio) - after which stream will sometimes resume.

Cause: I see the following in the above forum: The addon will fall back to HLS if the DASH addon isn't installed and enabled.

Solution:
Enabling 'InputStream Adaptive' appears to resolve the issue entirely.

Further notes:
Iplayer WWW v3.0.09 does not appear to have any issue with 'InputStream Adaptive' missing or disabled.

I'm fairly sure that in previous version of Kodi 17.1, My addons \ VideoPlayer InputStream existed on first boot. Perhaps it was removed in Kodi 17.2 and newer?

Edit: After a bit more testing, I'm still seeing occasional freezing with the live-stream. This issue could be ultimately due to changes in the recent version of the addon. It's unlikely to be my internet connection.

Edit2: As you can see from the forum above, HLS / DASH is the current topic of discussion and how the addon has changed with the recent version. Setting 'Stream protocol' to DASH seems to solve the live-stream issue in v3.0.10.
jake29

PostPosted: Wed 05 Jul 2017, 07:13    Post subject:  

Once again, to clarify - the reason for my posting was on the topic of the 'InputStream Adaptive' and 'RTMP Input' addons.

The evidence suggests to me that these addons should be included, but at present are not. I'm using the sfs from this thread.

As a side-note, I've noticed a delay of several seconds at the beginning of HLS streams viewed in Kodi 17.x. This appears to be a known issue. DASH streams begin immediately.
step

PostPosted: Sat 08 Jul 2017, 03:04    Post subject:  

@jake29, thank you for taking the time to fully and clearly document the issue you raised. I read all the resources you linked, and more, and thought about this. My conclusion is non-technical; I can't keep up with the plethora of wonderful - and often changing - kodi plugins, That is something that each user will need to do. I think this thread could host user-contributed notes, such as yours, on how to set up plugins or solve specific plugin issues. At the end of the test cycle I will rename the thread appropriately.

jake29 wrote:

I'm fairly sure that in previous version of Kodi 17.1, My addons \ VideoPlayer InputStream existed on first boot. Perhaps it was removed in Kodi 17.2 and newer?

I verified the earlier SFS version 17.1 and the current version 17.3 but I couldn't find a videoplayer section in the default Kodi Settings (cogs icon) > Add-ons > My Add-ons section. Perhaps you installed other plugins that themselves make the videoplayer configuration visible.

Quote:

Edit: After a bit more testing, I'm still seeing occasional freezing with the live-stream. This issue could be ultimately due to changes in the recent version of the addon. It's unlikely to be my internet connection.

The plugin developers pushed a new version of the iPlayer plugin just yesterday. Perhaps it solves all freezing issues.

Page 1 of 3 [32 Posts]   Goto page: 1, 2, 3 Next
 Forum index » Advanced Topics » Additional Software (PETs, n' stuff) » Multimedia
Jump to: