Hugin for panoramics running XenialDog : all dependencies

A home for all kinds of Puppy related projects
Pelo

Hugin for panoramics running XenialDog : all dependencies

#1 Post by Pelo »

Hugin for panoramics running XenialDog
All dependencies installed.
Is Hugin doing the job ? It's a famous app which i discover. Requested for Puppy by a French suscriber here. French writen (topic en français)
We allways succeed to satisfy our french supporters, unless exception , on brand new apps or old stuff for old computers. And Médor was not here (our Linux expert).
Why do i post in Puppy project section... Because Xeniadog is now born. his life begins.
Development finished means Acceptable for public release..
We will need maintenance now, for advice, repairs or improvement.
An OS a not a different product as a car, a card, an airplane..
Attachments
delivered.jpg
Delivered.
(35.81 KiB) Downloaded 487 times

fredx181

#2 Post by fredx181 »

Pelo wrote:Development finished means Acceptable for public release..
Mmm.. interesting point of view, something to think about maybe...

But better start by using latest version, looking at kernel version from your screenshot, you use older version of XenialDog from last year 2016-05-21, here's latest:
https://github.com/DebianDog/xenialdog/ ... re-all.iso

The custom-repository from version 2016-05-21 uses dropbox, but dropbox made some major changes so it doesn't work anymore.
You can still use the older (2016-05-21) version, but then, to be able to use the custom-repository, change in /etc/apt/sources.list this:

Code: Select all

deb https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/36381953/XenialDog/Packages/ ./
To this:

Code: Select all

deb https://debiandog.github.io/xenialdog/Packages/ ./
Fred

Pelo

I am quite happy of my XenialDog version.

#3 Post by Pelo »

fredx181 once you buy a car, you won't change it each time a new model is release. Unless you are rich, or an employee of the car maker.
I am quite happy of my XenialDog version. What is missing, is driver for wireless antennas, to go with my laptop and an usb pendrive computing in a public square, not far, but far enough from my adsl box. .
We won't debate about compiling drivers, because you disagree. Passengers are told to do it themselves.
Do you imagine how difficult it has been to learn how to speak English ? Learning how to compile with Linux would lead me quite at end of life, always studying, and never having fun !

What we need now, urgently, for XenialDog is an help desk, for every day usage, not for development. Of course, i know that is not the cup of tea of developers. But without, an OS in nothing else than brainstorming for students, a schoolar training, i would say.
Medor, is spite of no easy and not smiling, assumes LTS long time support for french Puppies, whatever they are 4.3.1 ou brand new Slaxen. And that is wonderful., quite professional and ... free of charge

Back to Hugin : installed but not used until now.. I must study manual. Study and study.. I am more than sixty years old.

backi

#4 Post by backi »

Hi Pelo !

Do fully agree with your comment......this is the type of feedback developers and maintainers need... to polish their " products " and make them as comfortable and usable for end-user without having to study rocket-science .
( and of course to have some fun ).

That`s one of the interesting and fascinating aspects coming to a place like Puppy Linux Forum and participating in a project like Debian/Xenial Dog even when your not an " Expert " .
Feeding and caring/developing that " Baby" can be /accomplished by each and everyone who is willing to do so ....a non local cyber-community sharing and developing a creation(Brainchild) together.
There could be a lot of more aspects described ......but i am somehow to lazy .

Just wanted to say , found your statement somehow important (in general) ....."the people's voice" .
So pelo keep on commenting even when people call you a troll.You are not .

Hi fred !
You can still use the older (2016-05-21) version, but then, to be able to use the custom-repository, change in /etc/apt/sources.list this:
Code:
deb https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/363 ... /Packages/ ./

To this:
Code:
deb https://debiandog.github.io/xenialdog/Packages/ ./
Good to know........did not .

Regards !

Pelo

XenialDog can bring something to Puppy Linux users.

#5 Post by Pelo »

I Just want applications run, DebianDog, XenialDog or Puppy Linux are just a ressource, not a goal. My preference is Puppy, because i know I will have support from other users, generally very fast.

XenialDog is the only one that runs GCstar, Alexandra and Hugin, simply, without having to load one by one extra stuff. And that is an huge service for us, who don't like at all spending (wasting !) time to play with a nice application.
That is the reason why i create this topic, to list why XenialDog can bring something to Puppy Linux users.

mikeslr

Re: XenialDog can bring something to Puppy Linux users.

#6 Post by mikeslr »

Pelo wrote:
XenialDog is the only one that runs... Hugin, simply, without having to load one by one extra stuff.
An example of which can be found here: http://murga-linux.com/puppy/viewtopic. ... 148#958148

And, I'd add, that even when you know what can go wrong, sometimes nothing you do will result in a functional application. So, even if you're someone like me --who thinks Puppies run a little faster, and presents a desktop environment a little more elegant and less confusing-- having a version of XenialDog or DebianDog available that you can boot into when you really need that application to "just work" is a pleasure.

mikesLr

Pelo

We are two, quite a team

#7 Post by Pelo »

Nothing to add to what mikeslr says. I am in a complete agreement with him
:) We are two, quite a team. :D :D :D Join us !
I am not decided at all to Leave XenialDog dying because Fred gone.
My purpose is to get XenialDog serviceable on Laptops. That will be done soon. I am trusty.

XenialDog yet can be used on laptops ????
Ah yes true. As a mobile phone that you need to be at home to call your friends..

backi

#8 Post by backi »

Hey guys !
Good read .!
We are two, quite a team. Join us !
So i will... One for all, All for one ....now we are Three Musketteers..... :) :) :)

"When it's love you give
I'll be a man of good faith
Then in love you live
I'll make a stand, I won't break
I'll be the rock you can build on "

Just kidding :lol: :lol: :lol:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0OJIjwY4yfI

Pelo

Tests and feed back are welcome, and some help..

#9 Post by Pelo »

Installation is the easiest step with Hugin, if people use Xenialdog.
Is Hugin really serviceable for what it's done ?
Tests and feed back are welcome, and some help.. Because i am lost with first questions asked by Hugin...
If successful, i will create a topic in 'Graphics section'. My purpose was to underline tat XenialDog will get life easy for Many applications that Puppy Linuxers not yet compiled.
Sure an OS can always be developed more and more. But once, you should decide to get it released to the world, to users, who even don't know what compile mean. Because that is not what they want to do with the OS. They just want to use it as it is.
And get some help from the Help Office. Just explanations, when needed.