Graphics adrive for X-Tahr 2.0

Paint programs, vector editors, 3d modelers, animation editors, etc.
Moat

#21 Post by Moat »

A quick heads-up, Geoffrey - 1st post Dropbox download link is dead... probably 'cuz of that Dropbox dropping the Public folders thingy from a few months back.

Bob

Geoffrey

#22 Post by Geoffrey »

Moat wrote:A quick heads-up, Geoffrey - 1st post Dropbox download link is dead... probably 'cuz of that Dropbox dropping the Public folders thingy from a few months back.

Bob
Thanks Bob, Dropbox link fixed.

Note the Getflash version 1.7 that's included will be broken due to url format change, http://murga-linux.com/puppy/viewtopic. ... 176#956176
[b]Carolina:[/b] [url=http://smokey01.com/carolina/pages/recent-repo.html]Recent Repository Additions[/url]
[img]https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/s/ahfade8q4def1lq/signbot.gif[/img]

Pelo

Would it be possible to provide a pet only for Hugin ?

#23 Post by Pelo »

Hugin, never heard about it until a Puppy user told on french forum how much he enjoys it with Linux Mint. He would like Puppy Linux provides it. Version 2016 found with synaptic on XenialDog
... But you make it available for thar. Nice.
Would it be possible to provide a pet only for Hugin, just for first trials ? Pleaaase.
demande de felixbd, experienced Hugin user with Linux Mint.

mikeslr

Probably possible to build a Hugin SFS

#24 Post by mikeslr »

Hi Pelo,

After reading your post about Hugin, I wondered if it was possible to cobble one together for Tahrpup64. It was. I set up Puppy Package Manager to download (but not install) Hugin's files and dependencies to a folder I named "Hugin". Then used LazyPuppy's PaDS to combine the downloaded debs into an SFS.

I don't know whether Puppy Package Manager missed Hugin's dependency on several Qt libs, and one or maybe two others. When Hugin didn't run, I opened a terminal at /usr/bin and "ldd hugin", which reported missing (and present) libs. I then, again, used PPM to download those libs reported missing. But maybe I didn't have to.

My Tahrpup64 (and Xenialpup64) always have 32-bit compatibility libs loaded/installed. Consequently, there's a symlink in /usr/lib named x86_64-linux-gnu to /usr/lib. 64-bit Ubuntu applications are built to use an actual folder of that name as the location of 64-bit libs. Multi-arch Puppies aren't able to find that folder and, consequently, report libs placed there as missing. The work-around is to move the libs found there to /usr/lib. But I didn't remember that until after my second build via PaDS --including the libs I specifically downloaded-- again reported they were missing.

Once I realized this, I build a new SFS using the following method:

Created an empty folder named Hugin_2013 [the version of Hugin PPM found] in /mnt/home/temp.

Left-clicked the Hugin.sfs to "View" contents. Clicked rox's Eye to "Show hidden files". Then copied all files. [IIRC, they were all within a folder named "usr"] to /mnt/temp/temp/Hugin_2013. Left-Clicked/Unmounted Hugin.sfs and deleted it.

Browsed into Hugin_2013 with two windows; then moved all libs from /lib/x86_64-linux-gnu to /lib.

Opened a terminal at /mnt/home/temp and ran, code "dir2sfs Hugin_2013" --without the "". [Before doing that, browsed to /usr/share/applications and examined the desktop files in geany to make certain that their first category argument was a designation Puppies recognized].

The result was a functional Hugin SFS. [Remember during the build process to Unload non-functional SFS before testing new builds so that the former's libs aren't accidentally considered present].

X-Tahr 2.0 may require the installation of some libs found in Tahr, but not in X-Tahr.

mikesLr

P.S. Having just booted into Xenialpup64, I can report that the SFS I built under Tahrpup64 also works here. Opening it via terminal neither reports missing libs nor other flaws.

Pelo

SFS 220MB downloading..

#25 Post by Pelo »

SFS 220MB downloading..
Caution Hugin is not easy to use. Felixbd is an expert compared to us.. Some tiny apps as fotoxx and tintii are wonderful, work for Puppy, and give such a nice result without having to study manuals.
Hugin is complete for use when using Synaptic in XenialDOG.
But not with the PPM Puppy.
What i really find boring is that the PPM lists dependancies missing, and does not download them. Why asking . Do it baby :twisted:
Dependancies are existing, available for download.

About the policy : to make panorama, you need first to take pictures for making panorama, unless any software fails to get an acceptable result.
Ligntness, colors, focale, zoom, take care of that when capturing your pictures. Panorama is not fish eye. There is no distorsion. But what a job !

mikeslr , i will read deeper your message. It is worth a perfect translation in my head. I have just 'flown' above, as a Concorde, fast :)
Attachments
Australia.jpg
Tintii, geofrrey's idea. Nice !
(61.13 KiB) Downloaded 291 times
Last edited by Pelo on Tue 20 Jun 2017, 05:19, edited 1 time in total.

Pelo

Vincent van Pup, The Puppy for Artists.

#26 Post by Pelo »

Nice idea for Vincent van Pup, The Puppy for Artists.. Sure better than Libre Office and Lighter :twisted: Click the blue to jump to it.

Same adrive for it, nothing wrong.. Perhaps the X-tahr adrive will work
Wait and see..

Mike Walsh

#27 Post by Mike Walsh »

Geoff, am I right in thinking this will only work with X-Tahr? What about Tahrpup itself? Or X-Slacko?

As for Krita, Mikeslr and myself both run it as an AppImage.....although it's only available as a 64-bit version. I don't know whether it might be possible to 'unpack' it somehow, then 're-compile' it...

Just a thought. I'm downloading the adrive now; gonna have a look at it. What d'you do; put it in /mnt/home, then load.....or does it just 'pick it up' on next boot?

EDIT:- Re; your advice about a clean boot. How about if I remove the save-folder, and boot with the adrv loaded to start with.....then shutdown without saving (but leave the adrv loaded), then add the save-folder back for the next boot; would that work?

Mike. :wink:

Geoffrey

#28 Post by Geoffrey »

I right in thinking this will only work with X-Tahr?
Mike, I built it in X-Tahr from PPM Tahr packages and some that I compiled, so it needs the dependencies in X-Tahr to run most apps.

I also removed the duplicate files from the adrv that were already part of X-Tahr, so yes it's X-Tahr only, all the settings changes are for the XFCE layout.
As for Krita, Mikeslr and myself both run it as an AppImage.....although it's only available as a 64-bit version. I don't know whether it might be possible to 'unpack' it somehow, then 're-compile' it...
I did have krita running in it also during tests, it was a pain to get the dependencies from what I remember and made the adrv too big, so gave it the flick.
I'm not sure if I still have those packages or a sfs of krita, I'm thinking it may have been a sfs I made to test, if I have it I'll post it for you.
Just a thought. I'm downloading the adrive now; gonna have a look at it. What d'you do; put it in /mnt/home, then load.....or does it just 'pick it up' on next boot?
Just place it in with the other X-Tahr files, it will load it at boot then loads the save if you have one
Re; your advice about a clean boot. How about if I remove the save-folder, and boot with the adrv loaded to start with.....then shutdown without saving (but leave the adrv loaded), then add the save-folder back for the next boot; would that work?
You can try it with your save, but I did intend it to boot with new settings, an old save may overwrite those, things like panel position, icon and theme settings.

Just give it a try it without the save first and see what you think.
[b]Carolina:[/b] [url=http://smokey01.com/carolina/pages/recent-repo.html]Recent Repository Additions[/url]

Geoffrey

#29 Post by Geoffrey »

Mike, I have a krita-2.8.1.sfs, it runs and seem to work but has heaps of can't find dbus errors and other stuff when run from the terminal.

I find it slow on the PC I'm using for running puppy, it's single core 2.4ghz sempron with 2gigs ddr2 333mhz ram, onboard Radeon X1200 graphics using 128meg of ram.

It will run without the adrv loaded, I will not be doing any work on the krita-2.8.1.sfs, it's as is, though it could be edited to remove unneeded components to make it smaller.

The MD5 5ee8a55b145f4a7c27facca0bfad19dc

felixbd

Hugin for X-Tahr 2.0

#30 Post by felixbd »

Congrats, Geoffrey, for your huge SFS containing Hugin and a lot of other softs I didn't know. I tried to download and to use the SFS with Puppy-Precise but it didn't work. So I downloaded X-Tahr 2.0 and everything was OK. I used Hugin a few times yesterday and it worked pretty well. Thanks for your work.
@ mikesir : I'm not an expert (!); I've been using Hugin for a few years very basically but with a lot of pleasure. However, Pelo is right about Hugin when he asks for a pet... if it's possible of course. (I'm not an expert in Linux either ; I just suppose it needs a lot of work).
Anyway, thanks to all the contributors.

Mike Walsh

#31 Post by Mike Walsh »

Cheers, Geoff.

I'll have a look at that when I get the chance. One thing I've finally realised after over 3 years; HotShots is a darn good screenshot tool. I'm astounded by just how capable it is.....even auto-uploading screenshots to an Imgur a/c.

Now that's NEAT. Previously, I've always used either Screeny or TAS.....and then edited things before uploading them. This appears to do it all in one package!!

Nice. :D

Mike. :wink:

Geoffrey

Re: Hugin for X-Tahr 2.0

#32 Post by Geoffrey »

felixbd wrote:I used Hugin a few times yesterday and it worked pretty well.
It does work quite well, Ive only recently acquired my first new camera since about 1975, yea lol, a Lumix G7, I hope to use Hugin to make full 360 degree images as the camera only creates partial panoramas.
Mike Walsh wrote:HotShots is a darn good screenshot tool. I'm astounded by just how capable it is.....even auto-uploading screenshots to an Imgur a/c.
Yea Mike, I use it in windows and linux, the annotation makes it a all in one tool for me too.

Pelo

Your SFS with Krita only is 128MB

#33 Post by Pelo »

geoffrey, thanks for all that you do for ex-developers (dark room with chemicals products).
:twisted: however sfs KofficeKDE 1.6.3 is 47 MB including krita among others (Karbon Kpresenter Kplato Kivio ...)
Your SFS with Krita only is 128MB... something not pertinent..
Friendly.
my topic koffice KDE

Geoffrey

Re: Your SFS with Krita only is 128MB

#34 Post by Geoffrey »

@Pelo, as I mentioned Krita was something I tried at the time and I didn't find it to my liking, the sfs was thrown together and contains all of the KDE dependencies required to run Krita, thus the larger size.
Geoffrey wrote:I will not be doing any work on the krita-2.8.1.sfs, it's as is, though it could be edited to remove unneeded components to make it smaller.

Pelo

two pictures to join for a panorama.

#35 Post by Pelo »

ok understood. Few KDE apps are without the same function available in our Puppy Menu.. Furthermore they are less 'adult', That is true for Krita.
Kexi however is a nice database. To be tried by people who like databases, of course.
About Hugin, rcrsn51 asked me for my two pictures to join for a panorama. I inserted them two minutes ago beyond his post, here.
If some people can get a nice result with them, go ahead :)

Pelo

topic forum francophone

#36 Post by Pelo »

Goeffrey, your SFS in action at Pelo's studios.. All my comments will be done in French topic forum francophone for ex-developers in bath tray unable to understand English speach.
SFS loaded on the fly (tahrpup 5.8.3).
Office workers had LIBRE OFFICE, Artists will have Graphics adrive to get their computer an healty darkroom, without chemical products