xscreensaver not working in LxXenial16.08 puppy-SOLVED

Booting, installing, newbie
wimpy

xscreensaver not working in LxXenial16.08 puppy-SOLVED

#1 Post by wimpy »

I recently downloaded LxXenial16.08pae to my test rig which is a Athlon XP Barton core with 2GB RAM and a 500Gb HDD. This is perhaps the best puppy I've come across and, with the help of senior members here, I've got it working pretty well. I'm trying to get xscreensaver to work, but without success. The first problem is that there are only about 15 screensaverr executables in /usr/lib/xscreensaver and these are "available" in the demo. There are a number of others in the demo but they are greyed out, The second problem is that even when one of the available screensavers is chosen it only lasts for the session. On reboot the screensaver reverts to a blank screen. I can live with this, but it would be nice if I could get xscreensaver to work. The version of xscreensaver is 5.34. I also installed the 5.34 data files from the repo. I should be grateful for any help and advice..
UPDATE. I got xscreensaver to work by putting it
into the startup folder and adding the line
xhost +localhost
to thr rc.local file.
Now if someone could point me at a folder which contains the rest of the screensavers.....
FURTHER UPDATE
Found the files in my Lubuntu16.08, on another partition,and copied one or two over. Seems to work
LxXenial16.08, LxPupSc17.07.01,Lucid 5.2.8 and others - all frugal