Can someone tell me the kernel module sequence for drivers?

What works, and doesn't, for you. Be specific, and please include Puppy version.
PappyPuppy

Can someone tell me the kernel module sequence for drivers?

#1 Post by PappyPuppy »

I need to know how my Adaptec SCSI driver aic7xxx gets loaded and if there are any params in a config file so that if I have to modprobe on another machine in the rc.local that it will b ecorrect, that's all.

It's probably not a real hard question. If it IS hard, then perhaps it's due to it not just being in one file. That's ok.

This is for Fatdog. I keep searching all of my directories for where ai7cxxx loads, and I just cannot grep on that text string even though it's the correct driver and it is loaded. I'm analzying one machine to help another.

PappyPuppy

I can use a Find in Files

#2 Post by PappyPuppy »

And locks up.

PappyPuppy

While I'm on this, I would like to also know:

#3 Post by PappyPuppy »

Where is the source code for the scsi drivers. Fatdog comes with aic7xxx driver already built and ready to go - at least that's what my memory tells me.

That's why I can use that driver. What I don't know is how to build it. I keep browsing /usr/src and I cannot find it there. I guess I can keep looking through directories - perhaps kernel. I just can't find it so that's why I went out to ibiiblio. I guess I'll check my Gslapt - it might know.

PappyPuppy

Still trying to find it

#4 Post by PappyPuppy »

if this is a hard one.

I guess I have no idea where the source for the lib/modules/4.4.35/kernel/drivers/scsi/aic7xxx directory is, which contains the two libraries: aic7xxx.ko and aic79xx.ko. I keep trying to think is it some big libmodules type of build.

PappyPuppy

I found it

#5 Post by PappyPuppy »

I can open it by logging in to Filemnt.

So I now can browse the files.