PepperFlash .PETs

Browsers, email, chat, etc.
Mike Walsh

#41 Post by Mike Walsh »

***NEW VERSION***

Afternoon, all.

32 & 64-bit versions of 24.0.0.221 are now available. Link as usual in post #1. Help yourselves as usual.

Don't forget, there is now a .pet available to upgrade Pepper in 64-bit Iron.

Any problems, you know where to find me. For anybody using it, my 32-bit version of SlimJet takes the same PepperFlash .pet as Oscar's Tahrpup version...placing it in /opt/google/slimjet/PepperFlash.

No need to manually upgrade in Chrome from version 54 onwards.....it's now handled internally by the browser's built-in updater, and will upgrade all by itself. :) See the Chrome SFS thread for details.

Enjoy.

Mike. :wink:

Mike Walsh

#42 Post by Mike Walsh »

***NEW VERSION***

Afternoon, all.

32 & 64-bit versions of 25.0.0.127 are now available. Link as in post #1. Help yourselves as usual.

Don't forget, there is now a .pet available to upgrade Pepper in 64-bit Iron. Any problems, you know where to find me.

No need to manually upgrade in Chrome from version 54 onwards.....it's now handled internally by the browser's built-in updater, and will upgrade automatically. :) See the Chrome SFS thread for details.

Puppus Dogfellow

#43 Post by Puppus Dogfellow »

hey Mike, i've started mirroring some of your work in the browsers section of my repo--so far i've got chrome and your 64 bit iron and slimjet packages (i put the pepperflash pets in their browser folders and this seems as efficient a place as any to make the announcement--thanks for all your work).

as far as testing--i've got one machine running tahr 64 that runs all three fine. i've got an older machine doing the same but with autosaves disabled--that one can't run slimjet for some reason, but iron is excellent on it. both these machines have over five gig of ram. on a third running tahr64 with 1.8 gig, all three of these browsers run but i prefer the lighter palemoon.

thanks again (i've been making heavy use of slimjet on one machine and iron on another lately---it's nice that someone has taken this upon themselves.)
:D

Mike Walsh

#44 Post by Mike Walsh »

Hiya, Puppus.

That's very good of you! Mind you, it never hurts with all this stuff to have them in multiple locations. I use MediaFire as my main cloud a/c, with a secondary back-up of important stuff on my Google Drive. DataFileHost gets a look-in, too, since I sometimes use that for short-term sharing of individual items.

And that's on top of having a copy of everything on a USB Seagate HDD here at home, which I keep tucked away in the back of a cupboard.....

---------------------------------------------------------------

As for the browsers, well; Chrome has been my primary browser almost since the day it was released back in 2008. Oscar got me interested in SlimJet a while back, and Iron, too, a bit later (thanks also to slavvo67). Since I run 64-bit Pups (Tahr & Slacko), and Oscar appears to mainly do 32-bit stuff, I thought I'd take a crack at them... Glad to hear they're working for you!

Since they all work with yr Google a/c, that's why I use 'em all myself.

Mike Walsh

#45 Post by Mike Walsh »

***NEW VERSION***

Afternoon, all.

The new version of PepperFlash was released this morning. 32- & 64-bit versions of 25.0.0.148 are now available. Link as in post #1. Help yourselves as usual.

No need to manually upgrade in Chrome from version 54 onwards.....it's now handled internally by the browser's built-in updater, and upgrades all by itself. :) See the Chrome SFS thread for details.

Mike Walsh

#46 Post by Mike Walsh »

***NEW VERSION***

Evening, everybody.

The new version of PepperFlash was released this afternoon. 32- & 64-bit versions of 25.0.0.171 are now available. Link as in post #1. Help yourselves to whatever you need.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

No need to manually upgrade in Chrome from version 54 onwards.....it's now handled internally by the browser's built-in updater, and upgrades all by itself. :) See the Chrome SFS thread for details.

musher0

#47 Post by musher0 »

Hello, Mike_Walsh.

I just installed your latest PepperFlash, for Vivaldi: works great!

Many thanks!
musher0
~~~~~~~~~~
"You want it darker? We kill the flame." (L. Cohen)

Mike Walsh

#48 Post by Mike Walsh »

Hi, musher0.

Now you've got me wondering... I don't produce one specifically for Vivaldi, so,er.....just out of curiosity, which one did you use?

musher0

#49 Post by musher0 »

Mike Walsh wrote:Hi, musher0.

Now you've got me wondering... I don't produce one specifically for
Vivaldi, so, er.....just out of curiosity, which one did you use?

Hi Mike.

I downloaded and successfully installed for Vivaldi your pet named
Chrome-PepperFlash-25.0.0.171-i386.pet, from here:
https://www.mediafire.com/folder/6sy2y7 ... 6iya8in8ix

As I said above, this one works great with Vivaldi, probably because
Vivaldi has a Chrome "heart"!

IHTH.

BFN.
musher0
~~~~~~~~~~

musher0

#50 Post by musher0 »

Hello again, MIke.

BTW, I just updated my Vivaldi to v. 1.9, and
your pet works with the just out Vivaldi 1.9
as well as with the older guy, Vivaldi 1.7.
musher0
~~~~~~~~~~

Mike Walsh

#51 Post by Mike Walsh »

Morning, musher0.

Yes, that's the thing I realised quite a while back, when I first started researching the subject for this thread. Ever since Google dropped the NPAPI plug-in interface, and made the 'Pepper' PPAPI one standard for Chrome, that interface hasn't changed.

The very first all-Pepper releases of Chrome (around version 25 or 26.....and we're currently approaching version 60) will still work with the newest releases of the Pepper plug-in. I have version 26 of Chrome running in Lucid 5.2.8.7 (the newest version that will still run in it, because of the age of the glibc), and it, too, is currently using 25.0.0.171.....despite the fact that it originally used version 12-something-or-other.

It's not much, but it does allow you to keep at least one attack vector closed... As the saying goes, 'Every little bit helps'!

Mike Walsh

#52 Post by Mike Walsh »

***NEW VERSION***

Afternoon, all.

The new version of PepperFlash was released this morning. 32- & 64-bit versions of 26.0.0.126 are now available. Link as in post #1. Help yourselves to whatever you need.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I've fixed a long-standing 'issue' with the 64-bit Chromium PepperFlash .pets, which only just occurred to me last night. Since Chromium is the only one out of these that installs to /usr/lib, that means /usr/lib64 in these versions. Tahr64 has a sym-link from /usr/lib64 to /usr/lib, so it wouldn't make any difference.....but Slacko64 doesn't, so the location needs to be correct. I don't know about Xenial; I assume it's the same as Tahr. Can anyone confirm this, please?

Pepper now installs into /usr/lib64/Chromium/PepperFlash. All this time, and nobody's said anything..... (*shakes head*)

Curiously, Iron wants Pepper in /usr/lib, regardless of architecture. A query for the SRWare devs, perhaps... :P

Last edited by Mike Walsh on Sun 25 Jun 2017, 16:36, edited 1 time in total.

Mike Walsh

#53 Post by Mike Walsh »

***NEW VERSION***

Afternoon, all.

32- & 64-bit versions of 26.0.0.131 are now available. Link as in post #1. Help yourselves to whatever you need.

Sorry for the delay in releasing this one. Adobe caught me 'on the hop' by releasing 2 upgrades within 72 hours.....and I just haven't had time to package this until now.

Apologies... :oops:

Last edited by Mike Walsh on Sun 25 Jun 2017, 16:26, edited 1 time in total.

musher0

#54 Post by musher0 »

Thanks Mike.
musher0
~~~~~~~~~~

Mike Walsh

#55 Post by Mike Walsh »

You're very welcome, musher0.....as always.

Mike Walsh

#56 Post by Mike Walsh »

***NEW VERSION***

Evening, all.

32- & 64-bit versions of 26.0.0.137 were released earlier today, and are now available. Link as in post #1. Help yourselves to whatever you need.

From BleepingComputer's release bulletin for PepperFlash, these were the patched vulnerabilities:-

musher0

#57 Post by musher0 »

Got it, thanks !
musher0
~~~~~~~~~~

Mike Walsh

#58 Post by Mike Walsh »

You're welcome, as always. Keeps you a wee bit safer on the big bad internet.... :lol:

musher0

#59 Post by musher0 »

Attachments
big-bad-wolf.jpg
(68.05 KiB) Downloaded 161 times
musher0
~~~~~~~~~~

Mike Walsh

#60 Post by Mike Walsh »

***NEW VERSION***

Evening, all.

32- & 64-bit versions of 26.0.0.151 were released yesterday, and are now available. Link as in post #1. Help yourselves to whatever you need.

From BleepingComputer's release bulletin for PepperFlash, these were the patched vulnerabilities:-