Puppy Linux Discussion Forum Forum Index Puppy Linux Discussion Forum
Puppy HOME page : puppylinux.com
"THE" alternative forum : puppylinux.info

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

The time now is Fri 22 Sep 2017, 18:54
All times are UTC - 4
 Forum index » Taking the Puppy out for a walk » Misc
In Praise of Whisker-Menu
Moderators: Flash, JohnMurga
Page 1 of 1 [15 Posts]  
mikeslr

PostPosted: Thu 20 Jul 2017, 17:58    Post subject:  In Praise of Whisker-Menu  

Edit August 26, 2017: If you think this analysis makes sense, try radky's latest PupMenu (Version 6 as of this writing), http://murga-linux.com/puppy/viewtopic.php?p=611540#611540. It will work with any jwm desktop, requires no effort on your part other than configuring it to your liking, requires little RAM, and takes up little storage space. Very Happy

Why Whisker-menu:

if a Picture is worth a thousand words, see attached.

But that's not my style. Smile

IMHO, with the exception of memorizing key-board short-cuts [not even sure that a key-board short-cut to open a specific application is even possible], being able to open frequently used applications using one movement committed to “muscle-memory” and at most two obvious clicks thereafter provides the method least likely to interfere with one’s train of thought. By now, we’ve all committed moving the mouse-cursor to the Start-button to muscle-memory. The one or two clicks are those for launchers next to the Start-button, or on a menu item which becomes apparent as soon as you click the Start-button. Anything else requires that you have to think about how to open any application, even those you commonly use.

I’m most likely over-generalizing the term “muscle-memory”. As I recall, experts in the fields involving how the brain functions identify a couple of different processes. But for the moment, I don’t recall the distinctions between them; nor for my purposes are they important. It all has to do with “practice makes perfect”.

We all marvel at the performance of athletes, dancers, musicians. I marvel at the ability of the up-and-coming generation to quickly send each other text-messages via smart-phones using only their thumbs. With a six inch smart-phone, held horizontally, I have to hunt and peck even though the key-board displays as QWERTY.

I can touch-type. I took a course in High School and after hours of practice tested at 50 words a minute. Not great, but it got me thru college and law school without having to hire someone to type my papers. Perhaps with a lot more practice I might have been significantly faster*. But that was using a 10-12” keyboard. Once my fingers were in the ‘rest position’ the keys were just an extension of my fingers, the typewriter just as familiar as my tongue for the purpose of forming words.

50 words a minute is misleading. Actually, it was 50 words a minute when typing an exact copy of the words on a page already in existence. What I could never do is compose and type at the same time. So the process actually is: Think of what I want to write. Type a sentence or two at the rate of 35+/- words per minute. Stop. Stare at the screen thinking about what I want to write next, and whether that will require some revision (grammatical or otherwise) of what I just wrote. Then type the next sentence or two at the rate of 35+/- words a minute.

If you play action video games or drive a car, you’re also making use of ‘muscle-memory’; although these also involve ‘bio-feedback’, the process by sensory imput guides your next action. But the actions, themselves, are performed by ‘muscle-memory’. If, each time such action was necessary, you actually tried to analyze how far to turn the steering wheel or how much force to apply to the brake or accelerator you’d never get out of the driveway. At least not safely or at a rate of speed faster than you can walk.

You can only maintain one train of thought at a time. Once you have to abandon that train to think about something else, it will take time and effort to recover it. Maybe not much. Still we’re focusing on working efficiently. So the goal is to avoid anything that interferes with that.

Puppies provide four methods for opening applications. Many fans like desktop icons (launchers). If you prefer, you can remove any of the default ones and add your own. Ignoring my aesthetic tastes, they still present this problem. Almost invariably, desktop icons are covered by the window of an already opened application. You either have to move that application, resize it, or minimize it before clicking the icon; then you have to “undo” whatever you did to your previously opened windows.

Panels with launchers are builtin and/or can be added to every Puppy. They are or can be placed on any edge of the desktop and remain hidden until “moused-over”. Consequently, the launchers on them are always available to open applicatons with a minimum of effort. You decide what application to assign to each launcher. Prior to Whisker-menu, panel-launchers were my prefered method for opening frequently used applications.

The other two methods are the Menu from the Start Button, and the Menu which appears when you Right-Click the Desktop. The former is something you’re used to regardless of what computer operating system you’ve used before. The latter can be initiated from any empty space on the desktop.

Menus have one inherent flaw. They only start a process. You than are required to assess the circumstances, make decisions and take further actions. The circumstance is that you’re presented with a list of about 12 Categories. The decision you have to make is “Which to click next?” Even if you’ve made the correct decision, that doesn’t start your application. Sometimes you’ll have to stop, examine the display and search for your application in a SubMenu. Finally, you’ve got to slide your mouse-cursor over and click. Fair enough, the last is the step you have to take which ever method you use to open an application. The real problem is making the “Which Category” decisions. The wrong decison means you’ll have to backup and do it again.

Devs who publish Puppies and those who publish applications for them do a good job in providing a reasonably consistent outcome when assigning applications to the Categories and SubCategories under which they will appear on the Menu. But everyone’s mind works slightly differently. What may be my best guess, may be your 2nd or 3rd best guess. Why is ISO Master in Multimedia rather than Utilities? Why does Geany show up sometimes in Utilities, sometimes in Documents, sometimes in System? Why does “Download Chrome...” appear in Setup rather than Internet? Isn’t a Spreadsheet a document? Take a moment to scan thru Puppy’s Menu and ask yourself “If I had made the assignment, could I have put this application somewhere else?”

Now add a further complication. Under Puppies we can install applications developed for other distros whose Devs applied different logic when assigning an application to Categories common on those other distros. Where such application may show up on a Puppy Menu is anybody’s guess.

Radky has done an excellent in overcoming the above difficulty with his FbBox. On FbBox’s main panel is a launcher, named Favorites, into which you can assign your favorite applications regardless of into which Category someone else thought it appropriate to place them. This launcher can be moved adjacent to the Start Menu. Additionally, on the Menu, itself, is a Favorites Category where your favorites will also appear. Your favorites can assigned directly by clicking the Favorites icon on the Menu.

This arrangement overcomes the downside of the several choices Puppy Linux offers. Having a choice means having to make a decision. Even when using a panel launcher there’s a moment when I have to stop and think ‘Did I assign this application to a panel launcher?” and another when I have to prepare to move the mouse-cursor to wherever I’ve located the panel with that launcher.

FbBox’s Favorites eliminates those delays to a large extent. Open become synanomous with “Move mouse-cursor toward Start Button” and takes advantage of muscle-memory. While already in motion I can ponder “Is it in Favorites?” and make any micro-adjustments.

Without resorting Whisker-menu, I can suggest only one* easy change. Install Application Finder and assign it to (or adjacent to) Favorites. [For Tahrpup64, the one available here may work. https://www.mediafire.com/folder/ddv1v7a96n43i/xfce-panel. Then, when your intention is to open an application other than one of your favorites, you can avoid having to guess into which Category it was assigned. Just type a couple letters into AppFinder’s Search box and your application should appear. It takes less time and mental effort to type 3 or less letters into App Finder than to scroll thru menus. Although App Finder appears in PPM as an xfce application, xfce isn’t necessary. I’ve installed and run it on an unadulterated Tahrpup64. [* Unless you intend to use the Right-Click Menu a lot, change Openbox>Windows so that the setting is NOT “Place new window under mouse-pointer”].

So why even use Whisker-menu? With Whisker-menu present, other methods to start applications become unnecessary. Whisker-menu opens to Favorites, clearly and distinctly displaying your most frequently most frequently used applications. [You can configure both the size of icons and text, and whether they are to appear in the left or right panel]. Consequently, opening Favorites is managed by muscle-memory followed by bio-feedback. Opening other applications are almost as effortless. Whisker-menu’s Search box can be placed at the bottom, immediately above the where your mouse-cursor is when you clicked the Whisker-menu icon. A quick nudge and you can begin typing the 2 or 3 letters it will take to have the application you want to start displayed on Whisker-menu’s Application Panel. No more guessing, no more wading thru subcategories, no more trying to read text which may be smaller than you want. Click, type a couple letter, click. Back to work.

mikesLr

*This was using an actual typewriter, a mechanical device with moving parts for which the QWERTY keyboard had been designed with the express purpose of slowing typists down. The most commonly used keys were assigned to the weakest, least agile fingers. When a key was pressed a mechanical arm would be moved upward in order for “type’ --adapted from book and news-paper printing-- at its end to strike the ribbon leaving ink in the form of a letter on the paper. Unless done right, the arms intertwined and jammed. A typist’s speed, consequently, was dependent not only on his/her ‘muscle-memory’ of key locations, but also developing the proper rhythm to prevent jamming.
With the advent of electronic typewriters where the type was on a rotating ball, and especially computers, QWERTY’s reason for being ceased to exist. I can think of only a couple inter-related reasons for its continuance. If you’ve learned to touch-type using the QWERTY keyboard, to use a different system requires you to “unlearn” QWERTY – a rather difficult process. Use of QWERTY was already a ‘system in place’: manufacturers producing keyboards for QWERTY typists, teachers practiced in the art of teaching QWERTY, books in print concerning QWERTY; and as time went by more generations who mastered QWERTY. Like much else in our environment, QWERTY is condition which exists in consequence of the not-so-dead hand of the past.
Whisker-Menu.png
 Description   Whisker-Menu as "Start Button" on Slacko64
 Filesize   48.06 KB
 Viewed   359 Time(s)

Whisker-Menu.png

Last edited by mikeslr on Sat 26 Aug 2017, 12:57; edited 2 times in total
musher0

PostPosted: Thu 20 Jul 2017, 19:35    Post subject:  

Woh, mikeslr!

This is not a post, this is a chapter!!! Wink I'll have to set an evening aside to read it in full!

For now a quick answer about key combos:

Yes it is possible to set a hot key or key combo for any app represented
by an icon on your ROX desktop.

You right-click on the icon and then click on edit. You then click on the long
rectangle box just above the word "locked".

A dialog box appears in the middle of your screen and you type the key
combination you wish to have associated with that application.

You then click "ok" to have the key combo saved.

Worthy of note: in ROX, key combos only work if you already have a
window displayed on your screen.

IHTH. BFN.
Menu-of-menus-associated-with-menu-key.jpg
 Description   
 Filesize   54.06 KB
 Viewed   336 Time(s)

Menu-of-menus-associated-with-menu-key.jpg

on the throne is just a monkey on top of a roof." (Bernard de Clervaux)
rufwoof

PostPosted: Thu 20 Jul 2017, 20:00    Post subject:  

Hi Mike.

Brightside hot corners and set the top left to toggle show/hide desktop is a low muscle memory method to quickly get to your 'favourites' i.e. your choice of desktop icons/arrangement. A desktop file manager that opens up /usr/share/applications can enable easy access to many others, especially if that file manager includes typing in to highlight filenames (type galc ... for instance to see galculator highlighted).

The Windows/Special key set to pop up a preemptive command launcher is yet another method (WIN, type gal ... ENTER). FreeBSD's Mate version of that 'run' is quite nice as its also like a menu i.e. listbox of all programs that narrows down as you type ... or can be scrolled through to click a particular program to launch.

Menu's .... ugh! Better off as a last resort choice IMO, if even present at all. Prior to having switched over to FreeBSD I had reduced the MENU button (that I prefer in the top left i.e. panel at top of screen) down to just logoff, restart, shutdown ...type menu items only (under FreeBSD Mate I've just left the default menu as I hardly ever even use that).

Panels are ok, but take up real-estate and auto hide panels aren't that much better than simply move mouse to top-left to reveal the desktop icons ready to be activated.

Gnome 3 like in some ways, but more like gnome 2 layout, with gnome 3 hot corner activation and where the revealed icons are selected and arranged as you desire.

What is somewhat lacking is having different wallpapers and icon sets on each desktop as reveal desktop (top left corner) and select desktop (pager) would support divisioning/grouping ... but not many distros cater for such different icons per desktop. But then again few probably have the need for that many desktop icons to fill up more than one desktop anyway.
s.jpg
 Description   
 Filesize   25.05 KB
 Viewed   327 Time(s)

s.jpg

dancytron

PostPosted: Thu 20 Jul 2017, 20:04    Post subject:  

How is this related to/different from/the same as the XFCE application finder?
tallboy

PostPosted: Thu 20 Jul 2017, 21:51    Post subject:  

mikeslr, you provide a fascinating insight into daily actions we really don't think about, what a joy to read! Very Happy
But, and there is a BUT, we have a condition that is becoming a serious problem to society; dementia, often in the form of Altzheimers disease. It is extremely demanding on personell and resources. A parallell is military action; a battle is not won by how many you kill, but by how many you wound seriously enough to set in motion a big apparatus, to follow up those wounded. It cost money and people.
The problem is, more of us live longer now. And the cost of care (at least in countries with a functioning healthcare..) will rice to astronomical levels, if the current trend is not halted. One of the little things you can do to actively fight the early onset of Altzheimers, besides some physical activity and a healthier lifestyle, is to constantly activate the small grey ones. Learn something new all the time, for us maybe a new programming language, or a spoken language. Do crosswords, go rediscover those memory-based board games that were so popular some years ago. You mentioned typing, the constant switch between composing and typing is actually an extremely demanding process for the brain, so is every other thing we do with our hands. If we see past the outcome of the process, an instrument builder use far more parts of the brain, and a greater number of braincells, than a professor do. Let the brain work! Hard!
I prefer to avoid clicking the mouse, I prefer the key actions when available. I never use bookmarks in my browsers, I log in and out after every session at a website, manually by using my memory and fingertips.
My personal 'facebook' is a place in my brain that couples the faces of people I have physically met, with their names and addresses and phone numbers, and maybe a web address too! I don't have a single virtual friend, I actually know them all!
So, while I really admire you making an effort in a field you believe is important, for my part I'll postpone the use of extreme shortcut panels until my finger joints demand a slowdown. Very Happy

And to those who disagree, excellent! Keeps your brain active... Laughing

tallboy

BTW, take a look at some of the new functions in the latest version of JWM

mikeslr

PostPosted: Thu 20 Jul 2017, 23:30    Post subject:  

Hi All,

musher0, thanks for the info about key combinations. It had occurred to me that rox might have some way to manage it. The thing is I was spoiled by Word Perfect Office Suite. What its creators did was first develop a programming language which they then used to build their applications. Installation of the Suite actually gave you a supplemental operating system. From any application you could initiate any other application, not only those within the Suite. Macros, to do anything your system was capable of, could be assigned to Keyboard Shortcuts. Unfortunately, the companies which acquired Word Perfect Office from its creators didn't understand the power of the tool they purchased, did not spend the money necessary to hire competent programmers who could learn the language and adapt it to a changing environment. The result was a 'poor man's version' of Microsoft Office Suite.

dancytron, Whisker-Menu is only slightly different than AppFinder. Frankly, as far as I can tell just by looking at the two and typing into their respective search boxes they perform exactly alike. My guess is that Whisker-Menu has App Finder's mechanism built in.

The difference appears to be when you've placed Whisker-Menu's search box at the bottom of its "GUI", getting your mouse-cursor into the Search box requires just a nudge. AppFinder, on the other hand, opens somewhere else on your desktop. You have to scroll into it. It may not be at the same location each time. So, getting the mouse-cursor into App Finder's search box requires some thought and a little more time. Bio-feedback can handle the former, but not the latter. Minute differences, but

tallboy,

I'd rather make use of my mind thinking about a problem and how to clearly present it than thinking about how to use the tools at my disposal to do so.

I agree with you. Altzheimers is an increasingly prevalent problem. Among its side affects is disorientation and the frustration resulting from not being able to remember. I don't know if its exactly the same, but for more than a year I suffered from clinical depression until it was diagnosed, I was prescribed and finally received the 'standard medication' and waited the 2 weeks it took for me to become nominally functional. Fortunately, it helped sufficiently that I was able to research and find something, an over-the-counter-supplement which actually worked: 5HTP, a serotonin precursor which no doctor prescribes (it isn't "approved by Med Associations"), and few know about because Big Pharma can't patent it, and make money from it, so Drug Reps don't tell doctors about it. At the depth of my illness, if I put a pencil down to answer the 'phone, I then have to spend 5 minutes looking for it. So I know something about having one's train of thought interrupted. One of the things I now do is have a fixed place for things, and a fixed routine for routine actions. That's one of the two suggestions which I'm aware to assist those who suffer from Altzheimers. And the second is clear and distinct displays on closets doors as to what will be found behind them.

mikesLr

Last edited by mikeslr on Fri 21 Jul 2017, 00:08; edited 1 time in total
radky

PostPosted: Thu 20 Jul 2017, 23:36    Post subject:  

Hi mikeslr,

Adding the xfce panel to supplement other panels in the Puppy environment is certainly an intriguing prospect. But, you might be interested in the upcoming release of PupMenu (in final beta testing) which offers much of the appearance and functionality of the Whisker menu. The new mid-view GUI of PupMenu is shown below, and it integrates with any panel -- much like Whisker does in xfce.

Thanks for the interesting discussion!
image-1.png
 Description   
 Filesize   44.43 KB
 Viewed   296 Time(s)

image-1.png

Moat

PostPosted: Thu 20 Jul 2017, 23:57    Post subject:  

Hi mikeslr -

When opening the Whisker menu, does not your (blinking) text cursor automatically exist, already focused inside the search field? I know it does on a number of Xfce/Whisker installs I have going... I vaguely recall it was either a feature or bugfix release from a while back (reading through Graeme Gott's blog, IIRC).

Nice writeup - thanks! Cool

Thought I'd mention that Whisker's search field also can do a web search (lead with a "?") or run a terminal command (lead with a "!") - among a few other features. It's an excellent, functionally near-perfect little menu app!

https://gottcode.org/xfce4-whiskermenu-plugin/

Bob
mikeslr

PostPosted: Fri 21 Jul 2017, 00:24    Post subject:  

Hi radky,

I was hoping you would. I had even written an ending to with the mournful phrase "until Radky incorporates something like Whisker-menu", but decided that would be too pushy as I didn't know how interested you would be, what constrains the 'real world' may impose on you, and --as I was thinking FbBox--
whether it had the capability. Frankly, you've made my day. Very Happy I look forward to putting it to use.

@ moat, You're right. The cursor is in the Search box. Embarassed I've only just started configuring Whisker-menu to place the Search box at the bottom and, actually, using it. Thanks for the other info.

mikesLr
tallboy

PostPosted: Fri 21 Jul 2017, 14:22    Post subject:  

mikeslr, I am sorry to hear about your condition. The good thing is that it is treatable, and that you sooner or later can be healed.
I have the care for mother well into her 90s, so I see the constant decrease of brain functions, slow but persistent, but that is kind of expected at that age. My primary worries come from a younger brother's fight against the same problems with loss of memory, very much like your own problems. His short-term memory is almost absent because of strong pain-killers after surgery on his back. He used to make detailed task lists for each new job at his workplace, but had to quit his job because he couldn't remember if he had ticked a box or not.... Both those situations made me take a different view at my own future, and I have done some small changes to my daily life, to try to prevent such future problems.

So please don't misunderstand, intellectual work is just as challenging to the brain, so keep it up! I try to read all new forum posts when time permits, and I enjoy very much to read about all improvements to Puppy. even if I prefer not to use them myself.

tallboy

musher0

PostPosted: Fri 21 Jul 2017, 20:48    Post subject:  

Hello again mikeslr.

You presented us with a brilliant, logical and reasoned description of the
gestures we do to launch an app. Thanks for this.

You should be a developer! And conversely, developers could use more
of your type of deductive logic!

I have nothing to add to what other members have said above, except

1) some additional information on key combos (aka "hot keys"):

Lucid Puppies and perhaps the Precise ones had a utility called xbindkeys
with which you can associate any key combination with the launch of any
program. I suggest that xbindkeys be again included in modern Puppies.

Also this general site about keybindings is useful to jog our memory about
key combos that already exist in the Linux environment.

and

2) about the discover-as-you-type approach for launching applications:
dmenu has been proposing it as a stand-alone utility for some time.

BFN.

rufwoof

PostPosted: Fri 21 Jul 2017, 22:26    Post subject:  

musher0 wrote:

/root/.jwm/jwmrc-personal ... is the place in Puppy you can define keybindings

For example to have the WIN (special) key launch the main menu on a UK keyboard

<Key keycode="115">root:3</Key>

The default Tahr key bindings are ...

Code:
<!-- Key bindings -->
<Key key="Up">up</Key>
<Key key="Down">down</Key>
<Key key="Right">right</Key>
<Key key="Left">left</Key>
<Key key="h">left</Key>
<Key key="j">down</Key>
<Key key="k">up</Key>
<Key key="l">right</Key>
<Key key="Return">select</Key>
<Key key="Escape">escape</Key>   
<Key key="F12">root:3</Key>

<Key mask="A" key="Tab">next</Key>
<Key mask="A" key="F4">close</Key>
<Key mask="A" key="F10">maximize</Key>
<Key mask="A" key="F6">minimize</Key>
<Key mask="A" key="#">desktop#</Key>
<Key mask="A" key="F1">root:3</Key>
<Key mask="A" key="F2">window</Key>

<Key keycode="160">exec:amixer sset Master toggle</Key>
<Key keycode="176">exec:amixer sset Master 1+,1+</Key>
<Key keycode="174">exec:amixer sset Master 1-,1-</Key>
<Key keycode="178">exec:defaultbrowser</Key>
<Key keycode="236">exec:defaultbrowser</Key>
<Key keycode="111">exec:defaultscreenshot</Key>

Key codes can differ however, for example the WIN key might be 91 on other keyboards

Not forgetting bash autocomplete ... where you type one or more letters, press TAB ... and you'll get a list of all matching commands from your PATH. I have my WIN key set to run gmrun and in gmrun you can type a few characters and press tab to get a list of available programs
s.png
 Description   
 Filesize   9.24 KB
 Viewed   178 Time(s)

s.png

musher0

PostPosted: Fri 21 Jul 2017, 23:55    Post subject:  

rufwoof wrote:
musher0 wrote:
/root/.jwm/jwmrc-personal ... is the place in Puppy you can define keybindings

For example to have the WIN (special) key launch the main menu on a UK keyboard

<Key keycode="115">root:3</Key>
(...)
Key codes can differ however, for example the WIN key might be 91 on other keyboards
One important thing you're forgetting, rufwoof: those keybindings are only
good for the person who likes to use the jwm window manager. Smile
Whereas the key bindings defined in xbindkeys will work with any WM.
rufwoof wrote:
Not forgetting bash autocomplete ... where you type one or more letters,
press TAB ... and you'll get a list of all matching commands from your
PATH. I have my WIN key set to run gmrun and in gmrun you can type a
few characters and press tab to get a list of available programs
Yeah, autocomplete is pretty handy in bash. But you don't actually need
gmrun or similar if you make yourself a dedicated urxvt window and label
it "Launcher" or "Run".

Something like this:
Code:
#!/bin/bash
# $MBINS/terminaux/console-tres-mince.sh ou /usr/local/bin/defaultrun
# Requiert un urxvt récent. / Requires a recent urxvt.
####
[ "${LANG:0:2}" = "fr" ] && RuN="Exécuter" || RuN="Run"
psawk () { ps | awk '$0 ~ /'$RuN'/ && $4=="urxvt" { print $1 }'; }

if [ "`psawk`" ];then kill -s 15 `psawk` &>/dev/null
else Geom="g 78x2+200-200";COL="bg #271F0C -fg wheat";FadE="fade 70 -fadecolor "#94A495""
   TRNSP="tr -tint SaddleBrown -sh 49";FNT="fn xft:Monaco:pixelsize=13:antialias=true:hinting=true"
   CADR="w 15 -b 15 -cr cornsilk -pr cornsilk -bd AntiqueWhite1"
   urxvt +sb -title "$RuN" -$FadE -$CADR -$COL -$TRNSP -$FNT -$Geom -cd /root &>/dev/null &
fi
gmrun and cousins are simply dress-ups for bash's autocomplete and
history features, IMO.

BFN.
A-simple-run-script-with-urxvt.jpg
 Description   Illustration of script above.
 Filesize   36.6 KB
 Viewed   170 Time(s)

A-simple-run-script-with-urxvt.jpg

belham2

PostPosted: Sat 22 Jul 2017, 04:08    Post subject:  

You guys may not realize this, but in the multiple Oscar-winng film: "Hers", Mikeslr was originally cast into the lead male role. But things didn't pan out as the Director and Mike clashed over whether Scarlet J.'s-real-human love-fill-in should wear some "whiskers" or not . Wink Laughing

P.S. I just stuck some "whiskers" in my Slacko64s. Thanks, Mike!! Don't know what you're missing until you don't know and now I know. Whiskers for Next President (well, at least until radky releases the new PupMenu----then the race is on, which hopefully the Russians won't interfere in the election of)!
torm

PostPosted: Thu 27 Jul 2017, 22:52    Post subject:  

For devs.. just try it with sixpack, if it doesn't make any sense, just kill it.
Puppy is not all about advanced.. servers, terminal, etc.
Remember "sudo"?
No?
Try it for a day... or so. Very Happy
XFCE is all about being better than XP.
The first time I saw win10 I was thinkinking "..wtf, how sick can Ubuntu go?? Oops, that is not Ubuntu (?) ... sry... Shocked "
Page 1 of 1 [15 Posts]  
 Forum index » Taking the Puppy out for a walk » Misc
Jump to: