Posted: Tue 01 Aug 2017, 23:25 Post subject:
How to install Brother DCP-J125 on Debian Dog64 Jessie(SOLVE Subject description: (SOLVED)
I have just found DebianDog64 and quite like it. The only catch is there seems to be nothing in the menu structure about printing. I went to the Brother website and downloaded the relevant files dcpj125lpr and dcpj125cupswrapper, which I installed with dpkg. That went ok, but if I click Print in a program, no printer shows up.
Have I overlooked something? Last edited by RickGT351 on Wed 02 Aug 2017, 03:12; edited 1 time in total
Solved. Here's what I did.
Went to synaptic package manager and installed cups then used dpkg -i --force-all to install the 2 brother packages.
Here are the instructions from the Brother website:
For dpkg users:
1. Install the standard c library for 32bit applications (e.g. lib32stdc++6(Debian) or ia32-libs(Ubuntu))
2. Create some folders if it is required
2-1. Create /usr/lib/cups/filter if it does not exist.
Command1: mkdir /usr/lib/cups
Command2: mkdir /usr/lib/cups/filter
2-2. Create /usr/share/cups/model if it does not exist
Command: mkdir /usr/share/cups/model
3. Install the drivers using "--force-architecture" or "--force-all"option.
4. Copy brlpdwrapperXXX files under /usr/lib/cups/filter/ to /usr/lib64/cups/filter/
Command: cp /usr/lib/cups/filter/brlpdwrapper* /usr/lib64/cups/filter
5. Copy libbrXXXX files under /usr/lib/ to /usr/lib32/ if /usr/lib32 exists.
Command : cp /usr/lib/libbr* /usr/lib32/
You cannot post new topics in this forum You cannot reply to topics in this forum You cannot edit your posts in this forum You cannot delete your posts in this forum You cannot vote in polls in this forum You cannot attach files in this forum You can download files in this forum