Lick boots Windows no matter what

Using applications, configuring, problems
mjmikulcik

Lick boots Windows no matter what

#1 Post by mjmikulcik »

So, i installed puppy with lick a while back on a Windows 10 and whenever i go to boot up with a usb either as a live cd or just leaving it in at startup, the grub boot loader breaks and it just goes straight to Windows, and i don't know what the issue is but if anyone knows what's wrong let me know

Limbomusic

thats

#2 Post by Limbomusic »

I,m FAR from an expert so I hope someone smarter can chime in - but I have LICK with dualboot puppy/win10 on my gamer-pc with ssd drive working fine.
Just thinking: You say that the boot-loader breaks if you just leave a usb stick in?? wtf?
Could you have dragged the iso to lick from the usb?
Maybe you should start lick - and just uninstall the pup/iso - and try all over again - making sure you download an iso - to harddrive and drag it onto lick...?

Oh and I remember - when I installed LICK - it took a LONG time for it to install the bootloader. But I just let it simmer - and it eventually installed ok.

I think the guy who actually made/coded lick is noryb009 - maybe try messaging him directly.

mjmikulcik

#3 Post by mjmikulcik »

Yeah, so I messaged Noryb009 and he told me it wasn't Lick's fault but something screwy with my UEFI so I'm not concerned.