Telegram .SFS needed. SOLVED

Requests go here. If you fill a request, give it a new thread in the appropriate category and then link to it in the request thread.
pp4mnklinux

Telegram .SFS needed. SOLVED

#1 Post by pp4mnklinux »

Hello everybody:

I usually use Puppy Tahr Linux 6.0.2 with a full install and I have it really well configured, but these days, I'm using Puppy Tahr Linux 6.0.5 with a frugal install and It's mucho more faster than the previous version, so I'm trying to configure it the way I want.

I did that, but I have only one problem. I need TELEGRAM (I use it with my wife and I dont want the web version) and I cant find a SFS soft.

PLEASE, can u make me one .sfs so I can use telegram with this puppie?

THANKS A LOT.

TELEGRAM PET - http://www.mediafire.com/download/jkuh9 ... 0.5.13.pet

Nilson Morales.- http://murga-linux.com/puppy/viewtopic.php?t=95148

THANKS IN ADVANCE
Last edited by pp4mnklinux on Fri 18 Aug 2017, 18:55, edited 1 time in total.
Distro: xenialpup64 7.5 XXL
Desktop Panel: JWM ~ FbBox 5.0

Mike Walsh

#2 Post by Mike Walsh »

@pp4mnklinux:-

You are aware, aren't you, of the existence of the AppImage for Telegram? It's an all-in-one, executable binary that you can run from absolutely anywhere in your system.....without the need for occupying 'Puppy space'. There's also the Updater.

It doesn't have a MenuEntry, or anything; you simply click on the binary.....you can drag it to your desktop and create a link like that. Sit it in /mnt/home, and create the desktop link from there.

If it's what you really want, I can soon knock you up an SFS for it.....but just be patient. It won't be till later on today.

Mike. :wink:

OscarTalks

#3 Post by OscarTalks »

Looks like you can download, unpack, chown to root:root and run.
It is a pre-compiled binary.
This is the latest version 1.1.19
32bit
Icon and .desktop files have been added.
I put the directory as /usr/local/Telegram
The GUI opens, but the first thing it does is ask for your phone number.
I don't want to enter that so it is difficult to test as it won't allow me to go any further.
There are font config errors showing in terminal so it may not work fully or not at all, I am not sure.
Uploaded as .sfs if you want to test it, but obviously take precautions.
Start from terminal with telegram (all lower case)
Menu entry in the Internet section.
https://yadi.sk/d/Qut5r1dK3M6D4u?force_show=1
Oscar in England

Pelo

Telegram, see Nilson Morales, on Pupjibaro topics

#4 Post by Pelo »

Telegram, see Nilson Morales, on Pupjibaro topics. He is a pioneer, he talk about Telegram everywhere. He has everything you need.
As he uses it, he will be of great help when you are lost. Furthermore Nilson speaks English.
And Spanish of course.
telegram with Tahrpup Topic de Nilson. QT5 needed,
- telegram-0.9.28.x86_64.pet "a mio parere il miglior instant messenger" told us Xanad, the italian representative for Puppy Linux in our forum
Last edited by Pelo on Thu 17 Aug 2017, 13:07, edited 6 times in total.

Mike Walsh

#5 Post by Mike Walsh »

Hi, Oscar.

I believe there's also a second binary, the Updater. I've always found if you stick them in the same directory together, it will regularly update.....once a month or so, on average.

It asks for your phone number, of course, because it's primarily an app for mobile phones.....and the desktop version is, I think, still using the same API. I put my number in anyway; mine's an old, non-smart phone.....the apps can't get hold of me!

It runs in all my Pups, with the exceptions of Racy and Lucid (it's the glibc thing again!), but I've never yet found anybody who'll try it out with me!

OscarTalks

#6 Post by OscarTalks »

Hi Mike,

That's correct. It unpacks as a directory named Telegram which contains the main binary named Telegram plus the updater binary named Updater. The main binary presumably looks for the updater in the same directory as itself.

All I did was put the Telegram directory (and 2 contents) in /usr/local but this could be /opt or /usr/lib or /mnt/home or somewhere else. Then I made a symlink (relative) of /usr/local/Telegram/Telegram (the main binary) into /usr/bin (PATH) and renamed it as telegram because I wanted it to be all lower case.

I seem to remember looking at it some months ago but encountered the phone number issue so didn't bother to investigate any further. At present I don't feel any need for it so will leave it to others to test it out if they want to.
Oscar in England

pp4mnklinux

thanks everybody

#7 Post by pp4mnklinux »

Hi.

Thanks a lot for your answers. I'm really interested about a SFS with telegram (Mike Walsh ) if you have got time... plz help me with one SFS for tahr pup 6.0.5.

HAVE A NICE DAY U ALL!!!

Mike Walsh

#8 Post by Mike Walsh »

If you look at the bottom of Oscar's first post, you'll see a link. Oscar has already built you an SFS; it was finished before I got back from town earlier on!

If you click on that link, you'll be able to download the Telegram SFS. Let us know if it's working for you, OK?

Flash
Official Dog Handler

#9 Post by Flash »

Note that 32-bit apps often won't work in 64-bit Puppies, and, it goes without saying, vice versa.

pp4mnklinux

thanky oscar (and the rest)

#10 Post by pp4mnklinux »

Thanks a lot....

I'll test it and let u know.-

thanks in advance

(I tryed the suggested pet (Telegram_Desktop-1.0.14.pet) in my full instaled puppy tahr linux 6.0.2 and it doesnt appears at the menu.

I must start it with a direct link

THANKY

Pelo

What about your Qt version

#11 Post by Pelo »

What about your Qt version ? tahrpup has QT4 only.

pp4mnklinux

solved but...

#12 Post by pp4mnklinux »

Hello everybody:

First of all.- NOW IT WORKS but...

The sfs version doesn't work at all

I tried pelo's suggestion (Telegram, see Nilson Morales, on Pupjibaro topics. He is a pioneer, he talk about Telegram everywhere. He has everything you need.
As he uses it, he will be of great help when you are lost. Furthermore Nilson speaks English.
And Spanish of course.
telegram with Tahrpup Topic de Nilson. QT5 needed,
- telegram-0.9.28.x86_64.pet "a mio parere il miglior instant messenger" told us Xanad, the italian representative for Puppy Linux in our forum ) and now it works fantastic.

CANT UNDERSTAND (frugal need sfs but it only works with pets. DAMMIT)

After installing, it updated automatically from web and now working fantastic.

Can u suggest me what to do to install THE GIMP ???

Have a nice day

nilsonmorales

#13 Post by nilsonmorales »

Hi
https://my.pcloud.com/publink/show?code ... eXHVVCaEok
md5sum telegram-1.0.14_6.0.6.sfs
38bef7013c9159357ba4c62c42b90bc0 telegram-1.0.14_6.0.6.sfs
Tested in tahrpup
I just extract the pet, delete the var,log, and petspecs and run dir2sfs
[b][url=http://nilsonmorales.blogspot.com/]My blog |[/url][/b][b][url=https://github.com/woofshahenzup]| Github[/url][/b]
[img]https://i.postimg.cc/5tz5vrrX/imag018la6.gif[/img]
[img]http://s5.postimg.org/7h2fid8pz/botones_logos3.png[/img]