How to make a multi-purpose boot CD for Puppy

How to do things, solutions, recipes, tutorials
MikeMT

#41 Post by MikeMT »

Backup a bit. When flash Puppy is booted with the Wakepup2 floppy all modules are loaded, sound is fine. I am trying to get a boot CD to work. because it would be faster booting. My first post detailed the problems.

The PC is an old Gateway with sound built in the motherboard.

MikeMT

#42 Post by MikeMT »

Problem solved.

I reinstall Puppy 4.2 retro to another USB flash drive. Using the same MultibootCd, booted Puppy up. All modules were loaded. I do not know what was corrupted on the other drive. Thanks for the assistance everyone.

Aitch

#43 Post by Aitch »

Well persevered, Mike :D

Aitch :)

SelftaughtGeek

GRUB multiboot Puppy 4

#44 Post by SelftaughtGeek »

I have been trying to configure GRUB (sat on a floppy) to give me the options of either booting from the live cd or booting from my frugal install on the HD, without success. L

The grubflop file seems to be the answer I need but can you answer a question please? Apologies if it is stupid or basic but I am trying to learn a whole new world, this is my first real escape from Windows.

Why does the menu.lst file for the live CD option not look for a vmlinux kernel?

Thanks
STG
Everything I know I found out for myself but only after some kind person pointed out the way.
I'm not really a Geek, just hate things that don't work

Guitar John

#45 Post by Guitar John »

rjbrewer wrote:Ummm...

This idea of including Dariks Boot & Nuke in a multi-iso cd ,
has potentially hilarious repercussions.

Please keep us informed of any long term consequences.

ha ha ha
:shock: YIKES!!

arresc

#46 Post by arresc »

Hi,

Which file should I edit to have "puppy pmedia=usbflash" as the default option to boot off of the Cdrom? I need this because not only my laptop does not boot from usb it also has a broken display (I can't have a display next to the laptop in it's intended location).

I would also like to ask which version of puppy any of you would recommend ( I need samba+mpd+ssh on this puppy)

thanks a bunch,
To boot a usb with a cd; use the cd with the same os the flash
has on it. When it gets to boot screen, type "puppy pmedia=
usbflash". (no quotes)

mf2008

Integrate these tools with Puppy Live-CD?

#47 Post by mf2008 »

I've been using the tools in the first post of this thread for 2-3 years. They should really be included with the Puppy. Just click an icon and create the multi-boot tool, etc.

I've found multi-boot useful for running Puppy in a VirtualBox machine. VB doesn't boot from USB device. It will boot from a .iso image. I create the .iso image using the multi-boot tool, configure VB to boot from that .iso. Then I'm able to boot from my USB flash drive which contains Puppy.

Pelo

nicoo7 multiboot CD

#48 Post by Pelo »

Idea back in 2017 nicoo7 multiboot CD
Attachments
nic0007.jpg
(43.58 KiB) Downloaded 83 times