Puppy Linux Discussion Forum Forum Index Puppy Linux Discussion Forum
Puppy HOME page : puppylinux.com
"THE" alternative forum : puppylinux.info

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

The time now is Tue 17 Oct 2017, 06:06
All times are UTC - 4
 Forum index » Advanced Topics » Puppy Projects
DebianDog-Stretch with Deepin DE [CLOSED]
Moderators: Flash, JohnMurga
Page 2 of 3 [31 Posts]   Goto page: Previous 1, 2, 3 Next
backi

PostPosted: Mon 23 Jan 2017, 08:30    Post subject:  

Hi !

Top service here .......isn`t it? Smile
fredx181

PostPosted: Mon 23 Jan 2017, 17:39    Post subject:  

backi wrote:
Hi !

Top service here .......isn`t it? Smile

Sure it is with you guys on board, thanks!

@vancheese

Quote:
My issue is that a porteus boot stops after search for stretch_i486.sgn, stating the device is not ready. However liveboot works fine. I've installed debiandog using the default installer.

I just tested the installer booted from ISO here:
https://github.com/DebianDog/Stretch/releases/download/v1.0/DebianDog-Stretch-openbox_xfce-jwm-2016-11-14.iso

And installing the same ISO to USB-stick worked fine for me.

However when installing with the installer there could arise a problem if you have (another) "live" folder on the root of another partition, it may conflict then.
That's why the advices in previous posts are good, to prevent that.
Put the "live" folder in a unique named folder e.g. DDSTRETCH on the root and adjust menu.lst entry corresponding such as in backi's previous post example:

Code:
title DDSTRETCH- changes to /DDSTRETCH/live/ sysvinit
root (hd0,0)
kernel /DDSTRETCH/live/vmlinuz1 from=/DDSTRETCH noauto changes=EXIT:/DDSTRETCH/live/ ramsize=100%
initrd /DDSTRETCH/live/initrd1.xz

Fred

trister

PostPosted: Mon 30 Jan 2017, 07:31    Post subject:  

tried it on a 1GB RAM atom netbook and it was very slow -even from the beggining...
debiandog32 was faster even after I have added much apps
Maybe it's the Deepin
-------
Any plans on a 64bit -preferably wihout Deepin?

(edit) : I found this :
http://www.murga-linux.com/puppy/viewtopic.php?p=888440#888440

Sorry, it had so many problems fred.
oui

Location: near Woof (Germany) :-) Acer Laptop emachines 2 GB RAM AMD64. franco-/germanophone, +/- anglophone

PostPosted: Sat 04 Mar 2017, 17:28    Post subject:  

hi

Deepin is very hard to use!

You don't find some menu Mad . Sometimes, you see a full screen menu appearing but it is not clear how to make it appearing Embarassed . spontaneous is it not!

You see to much icones Confused ... A menu is better than icones on the desktop and an really to heavy bar at the bottom with new icones not beeing apparented with usual ones!

The system seems not to be able, else it comes from far east, to integrate easily other things like input methodes for far east languages Laughing and that is funny really.

In all cases, if I install LXQT over Deepin DE a lot of difficulties are immediately solved...

My main problem: DebianDog-Stretch with Deepin DE offers to much alternatives and you can wonder about the size of the ISO...

How to uninstall build-in alternatives?

I did erase /usr/lib/firefox and only let links in it to the NanoBrowser I will try to use. It works and it is easy to do.

But how to remove the other things beeing twice or more in the system (leafpad, geany and other editors: I will use tea and see a radical Qt-oriented environment. For this reason also NanoBrowser. In other systems (Arch) you can use the most actual version of Qupzilla. Not in Debian or all Debian derivates!). I did find the NanoBrowser-xxx.deb on the webpages of QtWebEngine, not in the Debian depository, and only the 32 bit version is available.

For all this reason, it would be important to have a tools to uninstall the not needing stuff you will never use in live: The ISO is very heavy!

Kind regards
backi

PostPosted: Tue 07 Mar 2017, 03:27    Post subject:  

Hi oui !

My experiences with Deepin were quite similar like yours ........do not feel much comfortable with this Desktop .
backi

PostPosted: Tue 07 Mar 2017, 03:28    Post subject:  

oui wrote:
hi

Deepin is very hard to use!

You don't find some menu Mad . Sometimes, you see a full screen menu appearing but it is not clear how to make it appearing Embarassed . spontaneous is it not!

You see to much icones Confused ... A menu is better than icones on the desktop and an really to heavy bar at the bottom with new icones not beeing apparented with usual ones!

The system seems not to be able, else it comes from far east, to integrate easily other things like input methodes for far east languages Laughing and that is funny really.

In all cases, if I install LXQT over Deepin DE a lot of difficulties are immediately solved...

My main problem: DebianDog-Stretch with Deepin DE offers to much alternatives and you can wonder about the size of the ISO...

How to uninstall build-in alternatives?

I did erase /usr/lib/firefox and only let links in it to the NanoBrowser I will try to use. It works and it is easy to do.

But how to remove the other things beeing twice or more in the system (leafpad, geany and other editors: I will use tea and see a radical Qt-oriented environment. For this reason also NanoBrowser. In other systems (Arch) you can use the most actual version of Qupzilla. Not in Debian or all Debian derivates!). I did find the NanoBrowser-xxx.deb on the webpages of QtWebEngine, not in the Debian depository, and only the 32 bit version is available.

For all this reason, it would be important to have a tools to uninstall the not needing stuff you will never use in live: The ISO is very heavy!

Kind regards

My name is backi dont be afraid
fredx181

PostPosted: Wed 08 Mar 2017, 15:50    Post subject:  

Hi Dogs,

Thread Closed
Discontinued, see here:
http://murga-linux.com/puppy/viewtopic.php?p=946694#946694

Edit: The thread that the above link points to doesn't exist anymore.
Short version of the story:
Using the name "DebianDog" (by me) caused so much trouble in general (and got me personally in such a stressful situation), that I finally gave up developing any further using that name.

Fred

marcelo4768

PostPosted: Mon 09 Oct 2017, 06:54    Post subject: deepin puppy  

hi

how i can set a picture like wallpaper ? because the right click on the image and choice set as wallpaper doesnt work =(

will be better if this is 64 bits

deepin puppy is very nice

marcelo4768@gmail.com
fredx181

PostPosted: Mon 09 Oct 2017, 10:15    Post subject: Re: deepin puppy  

marcelo4768 wrote:
hi

how i can set a picture like wallpaper ? because the right click on the image and choice set as wallpaper doesnt work =(

will be better if this is 64 bits

deepin puppy is very nice

marcelo4768@gmail.com

Hello marcelo4768

Yes,wallpaper set from file-manager doesn't work.
To change wallpaper right-click on the Desktop > Set Wallpaper and you have choice of some.
To choose your own wallpaper, first add it to /usr/share/backgrounds. (with file-manager as root)

Fred
hamoudoudou

PostPosted: Tue 10 Oct 2017, 04:35    Post subject: so delete your ISOs to avoid people useless downloads.
Subject description: DebianDog-Stretch-Deepin-DE-2017-01-02.iso: 357 M

so delete your ISOs to avoid people useless downloads of killed projects
XenialDog downloaded Too
DebianDog-Stretch-Deepin-DE-2017-01-02.iso: 357 M

Last edited by hamoudoudou on Sun 15 Oct 2017, 04:17; edited 1 time in total
backi

PostPosted: Wed 11 Oct 2017, 02:48    Post subject:  

Hi hamoudoudou !

As far as i know Xenial Dog Thread was closed for a while ...but later reopened.......me .....still using it .....and it is working fine .

Xenial Dog 32 Bit
Xenial Dog 64 Bit
http://www.murga-linux.com/puppy/viewtopic.php?t=106696
http://www.murga-linux.com/puppy/viewtopic.php?t=109476

Regards !
fredx181

PostPosted: Sat 14 Oct 2017, 16:06    Post subject: ISO update  

Hi All,

Although this thread marked as CLOSED, I couldn't resist to share (last time) updated ISO.
This Deepin version is rather experimental and doesn't really fit on this forum IMO (because not suitable for low-ram computers, required is more than 1GB of RAM, and ISO size is 382MB), but I like it myself, so worked on it and thought why not share it !
Not intended to maintain any further though.

ISO 32-bit: https://github.com/DebianDog/Stretch/releases/download/v1.0/DebianDog-Stretch-Deepin-2017-10-14.iso
Md5sum: https://github.com/DebianDog/Stretch/releases/download/v1.0/DebianDog-Stretch-Deepin-2017-10-14.md5

The previous DD Deepin release was based on Debian Stretch at the time that Stretch was still 'testing' branch.
Now Stretch became the 'stable' branch, so did dist-upgrade all packages up-to-date Stretch stable, and included kernel 4.9.0-3-686-pae

Updated download links on first post.

Fred
Dry Falls

PostPosted: Sat 14 Oct 2017, 23:08    Post subject: Re: ISO update  

Hi Fred. Glad you reopened this, at least temporarily. Can you describe the so-called memory leak/issue or point me to a link? I can't seem to find the context. I thought it might give me some insight concerning some weird behavior I've experienced in lighthouse the last few years. I was assuming it was my box, but just how would a memory leak be intrinsic to the os? Please forgive my ignorance on the subject.

df
fredx181

PostPosted: Sun 15 Oct 2017, 03:53    Post subject:  

Hi Dry Falls,

All I know about is what me and others experienced with XenialDog-Deepin version:
The dde-session-daemon process (soon after boot) started increasing memory usage to very high (and using lots of swap space) possibly resulting in system freeze.

Report on Xenialdog-Deepin thread
http://murga-linux.com/puppy/viewtopic.php?p=936593#936593
Report on github
https://github.com/martyr-deepin/arch-deepin/issues/162

Fred
belham2

PostPosted: Sun 15 Oct 2017, 04:48    Post subject:  

fredx181 wrote:
Hi Dry Falls,

All I know about is what me and others experienced with XenialDog-Deepin version:
The dde-session-daemon process (soon after boot) started increasing memory usage to very high (and using lots of swap space) possibly resulting in system freeze.

Report on Xenialdog-Deepin thread
http://murga-linux.com/puppy/viewtopic.php?p=936593#936593
Report on github
https://github.com/martyr-deepin/arch-deepin/issues/162

Fred

Just an offhand thought, but given where Deepin originates from (and who it is ultimately backed by---hello Mao's new but same-old gov't)) maybe Deepin' has a crypto-currency miner embedded deep within its code, like what is starting to become apparent across sites across the web.

At these infected-crypto-currency sites, as researchers studying them are realizing, it has become apparent they are in infected with this problem. The thinking is it could be a massive, widespread problem across the web only now being recognized. When you land on one of these infected sites, your browser is immediately commandeered and ends up using some of the browser (and the OS) resources to mine for crypto-currencies.

The number of infected sites showing up is increasing in alarmingly growing numbers---and it takes time to find this out. Think about it: why would it only be websites? How better than to utilize this but through a DE environment like Deepin? Just saying........after speaking with friends in the industry, it is why I now avoid as best as I can anything coming out of China/S.E. Asia and all of former E. Europe/Russia.

https://www.theregister.co.uk/2017/10/13/cryypto_mining/
Page 2 of 3 [31 Posts]   Goto page: Previous 1, 2, 3 Next
 Forum index » Advanced Topics » Puppy Projects
Jump to: