New xenialpup 7.0.6

News, happenings
Pelo

A non Pae Puppy will work everywhere,

#21 Post by Pelo »

about Pae and 4Gb memory, perhaps people now buy computers with more than 4Gb of RAM, but i doubt about they use Puppy with them;
A non Pae Puppy will work everywhere, a Pae one will not work on most of our laptops, because either we are poor users, no reason to change our computer because Puppy Linux makes it work fast and in RAM, or simply last cmputers cannot run Puppy due to missing firmware.
Furthermore people with large RAM use it badly.. :twisted: tiny Puppy, say 230mb is asked to trail monsters, without FAT trimmed, bigger and bigger.
Caution, the dogs get the original Puppy spirit. Their dogs are light, now full featured and could please Puppy's passengers.
Debainists try to make Lighter, please Puppy Linux, keep the original spirit, don't go to big OS . Keep on with non PAE, pleaaaase.

Pelo

As testers, ignore what it is made of,

#22 Post by Pelo »

about xenial 7.0.6..
As testers, ignore what it is made of, just taste if you like or not.. A puplet has to be part of the builder, with something different from the Puppies build on production lines of woof-ce.
Unfortunately this xenialpup did not please me, as the other xenial pups.. My choice remains XenialDog, and i was not for Dogs at all. XenialDog is really good quality. efficient as old puppies.

Robert123

Re: A non Pae Puppy will work everywhere,

#23 Post by Robert123 »

Pelo wrote:Keep on with non PAE, pleaaaase.
+1
Devuan Linux, Stardust 013 (4.31) updated [url]https://archive.org/details/Stardustpup013glibc2.10[/url]
s57(2018)barebone[url]https://sourceforge.net/projects/puppy-linux-minimal-builds/files/s57%282018%29barebones.iso/download[/url]

as77

non-PAE needed

#24 Post by as77 »

My ThinkPad R51 needs non-PAE.
I feel I am not the only one to use old machines, just adding cheap RAM.

BTW: version naming should be as in buntus for example 16.04.3. "Tahr" and "Xenial" give some hint.
Early 2014 I burned tens of (for me) useless Puppies without the mobile broadband support I needed

Papy

Puppy should run on older laptops.

#25 Post by Papy »

about more of 4GB of memory ? Puppy should run on older laptops. However i am surprise that Xenialpup can run on 512mb laptop.
Trial to-day.
Attachments
memory.jpg
landing on desktop
(41.88 KiB) Downloaded 252 times