bring back puppy 431.

Using applications, configuring, problems
nic007

#161 Post by nic007 »

Mercedes350se wrote:Ok. I started at the beginning and booted a LiveCD of 4.1.2 to check appearances.

Unsurprisingly it is not the same as my 3.01 with the 4.1.2 kernel. In this install the JWM theme is puppy-default. When I check that file it is only 1 (one) byte in size. Where the required information comes from is, umm .. I cannot find it - not that means much!

The JWM files in 4.3.1 seem to be completely different so even if I could find the file I would need some serious hand holding.

Now for the GTK Stardust theme. Where did you place the files? As I stated above they do not work as expected when placed in the same locations as in 4.1.2.
Okay, had to dust off my old 431 to check. Copy the stardust theme folder to /usr/share/themes > set your choice of JWM theme first as described in previous post > then set and apply the stardust (or any other gtk theme). Best to restart JWM after each setting.

BTW - I made a simple JWM theme which I use with the Gradient-grey gtk theme. I attach it here if you like to try it. Open the zip file and copy the four files to /root/.jwm/themes
Attachments
pitchblack.zip
(2.44 KiB) Downloaded 81 times

Mercedes350se

#162 Post by Mercedes350se »

Wow!