Where to find abiword 3.0.1 ?

Word processors, spreadsheets, presentations, translation, etc.
hamoudoudou

version 3.0.1 used With LXPup Xenial.

#21 Post by hamoudoudou »

version 3.0.1 used With LXPup Xenial.. Bugs not yet appeared.
Ubuntu Has a complete document describing Ubuntu, just to update to fit new version. Here Lucid, then Precise, Thar, Xenial and seasonal as Yakkety Zest, Artful, Bingo, Charlot, Dalton,
Simple way to do things, better than to invent again ad again new ways, often not updated because lack of volunteers. and knowledge too
Planner, Osmo, are tool to be used at the office for management. Puppy Linux could use them too, because they are its own choices;.. Perhaps not efficient enough.. Or better task is boring most of devs. That was done for Puppy 431, but people are now ten years older.and no longer ready for works of convicts. Brainstorming and Workforce
Feed back is welcome at Abisource LTD.. Unfortunately users don't feed back. Development for Windows has been abandoned. The idea was to use a central document updated on the web. In fact community spirit needed for that has been replaced by one man shows, not getting far because 'one man' is not enough. Some still dream of making great things alone. For software it's impossible..
Roots live underground as moles, but are unable to grow flowers on the soil.
Attachments
Herbology_Vascular_plant_diagram.gif
Roots stay roots
(43.13 KiB) Downloaded 201 times
brazil.jpg
Old Lucid To update to.. Puppy Flavour
(104.55 KiB) Downloaded 312 times

hamoudoudou

Please note Windows users: 2.8.6 is enough for them

#22 Post by hamoudoudou »

"Download AbiWord
Our latest stable release is version 3.0.2. It's available for a number of languages and operating systems. Release Notes | Changelog | Download.
Please note Windows users: Due to lack of Windows developers on the project, there is no longer a version available for download"
Some people on the forum say that is not true..

If you aren't a computer programmer, you can still help out with AbiWord by helping us keep our Bug tracking system up to date. This sort of work is really helpful to the project, and anyone can join in.

Oct 20, 2016
AbiWord 3.0.2 has been released. Provides many bug fixes. That means that bugs exist in 3.0.1, puli !

Download (HTTP): http://www.abisource.com/downloads/abiw ... 0.2.tar.gz

Download MD5 sum: cda6dd58c747c133b421cc7eb18f5796

Download size: 11 MB

Estimated disk space required: 626 MB, additional 12 MB for docs (73 MB installed - additional 3.1 MB for docs)

Estimated build time: 6.5 SBU - additional 0.5 SBU for docs
Attachments
PPM.png
PPM version 3.0.1 (Xenial)
(34.21 KiB) Downloaded 255 times
abisource.jpg
You can disagree wit that, if you like, dear VIPs
(60.04 KiB) Downloaded 298 times

OscarTalks

#23 Post by OscarTalks »

I thought it might be a good idea to mention this in this thread.
There seems to be a problem with Abiword 3.0.2 if compiled in Puppy for GTK2
I encountered this when trying to compile it in Dpup Stretch.
I believe other Puppy enthusiasts found the same thing.
I also tried in other Puppy versions but the result was the same.
Even the cursor does not display properly.
I ended up sticking with 3.0.1 which seems fine.
If anyone has successfully built 3.0.2 perhaps they could let us know.

Perhaps if it were built for GTK3 it would be OK, but I don't want to do that because Puppy does not really fully support this.

In recent Puppies it may be possible to install Abiword 3.0.2 via PPM but this will be GTK3 and will probably drag in a lot of dependencies
Oscar in England

hamoudoudou

Installed Stretch Dog But not practiced yet

#24 Post by hamoudoudou »

version 3.0.2 Jump to Stretch, by clicking the blue
Installed Stretch Dog But not practiced yet. Use 2.8.6 if any problems. Windows users ( lot) should satisfied with it, development abandoned for them.
Often new features breaks an application stable. That was the case with Abiword 2.9.. Its a wrong way to think that newest versions are the best. They experiment improvements, that does not mean that improvement work.. Lack of developers force Abisource to release, then to analyse feed back from public claims. Unfortunately feed back is poor, so poor... Don't be frightened to write Abisource..
PUppy Puduan is just beside DebianDog on My pendrive.. Will test Abiword on it..
Please check for what 3.0.2 is needed (main goal is sharing on line between users)
version 3.0.2 perfect with Puduan :wink: topic here, click the blue

hamoudoudou

You must suscribe Telepathy

#25 Post by hamoudoudou »

You must suscribe Telepathy to take advantage of versions 3.. Others functiuns are the same as 2.8.6 excepted color borders of paragrah.. and lot of languages for which Puppy has no keyboard to type documents.