Puppy Linux Discussion Forum Forum Index Puppy Linux Discussion Forum
Puppy HOME page : puppylinux.com
"THE" alternative forum : puppylinux.info

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

The time now is Sat 16 Dec 2017, 22:49
All times are UTC - 4
 Forum index » Advanced Topics » Additional Software (PETs, n' stuff) » REQUESTS
Tahrpup Qt5 SFS for 64-bit library location
Page 1 of 1 [2 Posts]  
eshadd

PostPosted: Tue 03 Oct 2017, 13:25    Post subject:  Tahrpup Qt5 SFS for 64-bit library location
Subject description: Program is not finding library location even though I've added it to the envirnoment variable

Starting up the program from the terminal in Linux I get the following error:
Code:
error while loading shared libraries: libQt5Widgets.so.5: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory

I checked the dependencies and sure enough Qt5 was missing. So I installed Qt5 using http://ftp.nluug.nl/os/Linux/distr/puppylinux/pet_packages-tahr64/qt5-5.5.1_amd64.sfs and all the files are there but the library is in the /opt/qt5/lib subdirectory. I added that directory with:
Code:
export LD_LIBRARY_PATH=$LD_LIBRARY_PATH:/opt/qt5/lib

and when I
Code:
printenv
I get the expected:
Code:
LD_LIBRARY_PATH=/lib:/usr/lib:/root/my-applications/lib:/usr/local/lib:/opt/qt5/lib:/opt/qt55/lib:/opt/qt55/lib/lib

but when I run the program I still get the same error.
mikeslr

PostPosted: Sat 04 Nov 2017, 17:54    Post subject:  

Hi eshadd,

Sorry about the delay in responding. I was on vacation when you posted and just stumbled upon your post.

I didn't know a Qt5 SFS had been published. So I built my own. While doing that I recalled that both tahrpup64 and xenialpup64 have difficulty finding libraries where Ubuntu debs would place them, I moved them to /usr/lib.

IIRC, the entire Qt5 took up about 7 Mbs. Not worth using up an SFS slot. So I built it as a pet. Installations to SaveFile/Folder have priority over SFSes.

mikesLr
Page 1 of 1 [2 Posts]  
 Forum index » Advanced Topics » Additional Software (PETs, n' stuff) » REQUESTS
Jump to: