Puppy Linux Discussion Forum Forum Index Puppy Linux Discussion Forum
Puppy HOME page : puppylinux.com
"THE" alternative forum : puppylinux.info

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

The time now is Mon 18 Dec 2017, 09:17
All times are UTC - 4
 Forum index » Advanced Topics » Additional Software (PETs, n' stuff) » Graphics
PeasyGlue
Page 3 of 3 [42 Posts]   Goto page: Previous 1, 2, 3
greengeek

PostPosted: Sun 01 Jan 2017, 14:49    Post subject: Re: I need more precise adjustment  

Pelo wrote:
But viewnior could do very eayly the job if we could not show the borders. Then you had only to align two pictures on desktop at your convenience..In french we call that 'panoramique'
OK, I understand now. I see what you mean about viewnior. I remember reading somewhere about how to set the border characteristics of a window - you could change the roundedness of the corners and I think also remove borders. I do not remember where it was but will post back if I find it.

You may also want to consider a program called "Mashup". It is very handy for gluing photos together - although it has one problem that I have not solved yet. When I bring photos of different sizes in to the program it resizes the smaller one so the imges no longer overlap correctly. This is not a problem if working with photos that come from the same camera. (mostly a problem if using two images cropped from different parts of the same original.

EDIT : Oh, I see you have already tried Mashup but with crashes. I use it ok on Slacko 5.6
link here

EDIT2 :
Pelo wrote:
Inklite is not bad, but does not record as Jpeg or PNG. Inklite is very good. In fact.
Did you try the "file, export" function? I imported two .png files then joined them, then exported them and it produced a png file output. (When using export bitmap function use the "drawing" tab rather than "page" or "selection")
rcrsn51

PostPosted: Thu 05 Jan 2017, 12:57    Post subject:  

To build panoramic images, see here.
Billtoo

PostPosted: Thu 10 Aug 2017, 13:07    Post subject: PeasyGlue  

Hi rcrsn51

I noticed your peasy glue utility in my 32bit Slacko 14.2 install.
I gave it a try with my dual monitor setup, it works great.
I now have a different background on each monitor after using it with 2 1920x1080
jpg files.

Thanks.
B.K. Johnson

PostPosted: Tue 07 Nov 2017, 01:13    Post subject:  

@rcrsn51
When my selection of files to be 'glued' are 6 levels deep, PeasyGlue does not work. Crying or Very sad
After clicking the Glue button, I get the window in snapshot-1 repeated 12 times eventually getting snapshot-2 and then a blank Glue dialogbox which has to be killed (close does not work).

The same files when placed in /root are glued perfectly, even allowing me to saved the output file in a directory 6 levels deep.

However, a couple comments for your consideration:
1. "Save the glued image to this file", suggesrs that the user enter a file name below, "Browse and enter the glued image filename" is clearer IMHO.
2. The extension for the selected graphic format has to be manually appended, although I have chosen one.
snapshot-1.png
 Description   displayed and OK'd 12 times
 Filesize   32.6 KB
 Viewed   133 Time(s)

snapshot-1.png

snapshot-2.png
 Description   states it is gluing but is not
 Filesize   33.06 KB
 Viewed   134 Time(s)

snapshot-2.png

snapshot-3.png
 Description   dialogbox before going blankm needing to be 'killed'.
 Filesize   26.92 KB
 Viewed   135 Time(s)

snapshot-3.png

tahrpup-6.0.5 PAE (upgraded from 6.0 =>6.0.2=>6.0.3=>6.0.5 via quickpet/PPM=Not installed); slacko-5.7 occasionally. Frugal install, pupsave file, multi OS flashdrive, FAT32 , SYSLINUX boot, CPU-Dual E2140, 4GB RAM

rcrsn51

PostPosted: Tue 07 Nov 2017, 07:32    Post subject:  

From the main notes:
Quote:
Please note that PeasyGlue can NOT process filenames or paths that contain spaces.

Also, you should update to v2.0. It puts the default filename /root/out.jpg in the "Save to" box.
B.K. Johnson

PostPosted: Tue 07 Nov 2017, 10:24    Post subject:  

Quote:
Also, you should update to v2.0. It puts the default filename /root/out.jpg in the "Save to" box.

But why 2.0, when 2.1 allegedly also solves the space in path limitation? Laughing

tahrpup-6.0.5 PAE (upgraded from 6.0 =>6.0.2=>6.0.3=>6.0.5 via quickpet/PPM=Not installed); slacko-5.7 occasionally. Frugal install, pupsave file, multi OS flashdrive, FAT32 , SYSLINUX boot, CPU-Dual E2140, 4GB RAM

rcrsn51

PostPosted: Tue 07 Nov 2017, 10:42    Post subject:  

Because I just updated to v2.1 within the last hour.
B.K. Johnson

PostPosted: Tue 07 Nov 2017, 14:04    Post subject:  

The space in path prob is fixed with 2.1 as stated. Good!

I was able to browse to a destination directory, but I still had to manually append the format extension to the output filename. If I don't, the outputfile has no extension. So, pray tell, of what use are the jpg and pgn radio buttons? If they determine the content, how difficult is it to add the png or jpg. Just a professional nicety, I think! But if you can't be bothered, well ...

rcrsn51

PostPosted: Tue 07 Nov 2017, 14:48    Post subject:  

It's not a question of whether or not I can be bothered. In Linux, filename extensions are optional. It is up to the user to decide how to name a file.

In Linux, the MIME-type of the file determines how it is handled. The JPG and PNG buttons declare which type you want to use when the file is saved.

However, you can easily get the behaviour you want by modifying lines 155 and 157.
B.K. Johnson

PostPosted: Tue 07 Nov 2017, 21:24    Post subject:  

Quote:
In Linux, filename extensions are optional. It is up to the user to decide how to name a file.

I don't know the esoterica of Linux, but as a sane, intelligent, homo sapiens, this strikes me as a royal cop-out, a ton of balderdash that reeks of self servience.
Quote:
In Linux, the MIME-type of the file determines how it is handled.

Does every file in Puppy have an associated MIME-type?

Quote:
However, you can easily get the behaviour you want by modifying lines 155 and 157.

I thank you for this grudgingly offered solution.

phat7

PostPosted: Wed 08 Nov 2017, 22:54    Post subject:  

mtpaint refuses to save a file without an extension.
B.K. Johnson

PostPosted: Thu 09 Nov 2017, 10:04    Post subject:  

As it should be, phat7. That's what a well-written software does. There is no excuse for doing othewise.

Like I stated before, saying Linux expects user to add extension is a cop-out for an incomplete piece of software that the developer should take responsibility for. Extending his "logic", assume any number of files on my sustem without extension, I should be able to click on any one and its MIME content would discern what application to launch.

Page 3 of 3 [42 Posts]   Goto page: Previous 1, 2, 3
 Forum index » Advanced Topics » Additional Software (PETs, n' stuff) » Graphics
Jump to: