Puppy Linux Discussion Forum Forum Index Puppy Linux Discussion Forum
Puppy HOME page : puppylinux.com
"THE" alternative forum : puppylinux.info

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

The time now is Mon 20 Nov 2017, 19:22
All times are UTC - 4
 Forum index » Advanced Topics » Puppy Projects
ArtfulPup
Moderators: Flash, JohnMurga
Page 24 of 24 [360 Posts]   Goto page: Previous 1, 2, 3, ..., 22, 23, 24
hamoudoudou

PostPosted: Mon 06 Nov 2017, 01:57    Post subject: process works as it is, password asked during boot.  

process works as it is, password asked during boot.
My children are far now, my wife too. Could be very useful for many of you, to prevent anybody to play with (Break !) your puppy.
Don't forget your password Exclamation
Of Course let Basic ISO remains available for use.. It would be idiot to prevent your family to test Puppy Linux.. Only one computer at Home.. well..
S-kami will check for Hungary Puppy Linux team.. Gracias Vicmz para su trabajo ! Looking for ambassadors in Africa...
Nilson leads the dance for latinos, with Josejp2424.
MataHari.jpg
 Description   Process in Spanish available in woof-ce Langage pack es.
 Filesize   47.58 KB
 Viewed   1227 Time(s)

MataHari.jpg

hamoudoudou

PostPosted: Mon 06 Nov 2017, 07:33    Post subject: reboot keyboard is US.. Passwords refused !  

caution : when you create your password, suppose "amaedus" when reboot keyboard is US.... A is Q for french.. Think about it Exclamation pensez y ...
backi

PostPosted: Mon 06 Nov 2017, 08:17    Post subject:  

Hi !
Artful Pup does not show my external usb-harddisk formatted Fat32 when inserted ......
the same goes for Tahrpup 6.06.
Tahrpup 6.0.5 does show and mount that Drive .......also Xenial Dog .
Is there somethings missing ....Drivers ---Programms which is included in Tahrpup 6.0.5 and Xenial Dog ?

Thanks in advance !
peebee

PostPosted: Mon 06 Nov 2017, 08:22    Post subject:  

backi wrote:
Artful Pup does not show my external usb-harddisk formatted Fat32 when inserted ......

Any clues in dmesg??
What is output from lsusb??
Can gparted or pmount see the disk??

backi

PostPosted: Mon 06 Nov 2017, 08:53    Post subject:  

Hi Peebee !

Gparted does show that external Drive. Pmount Does NOT .
melon688

PostPosted: Mon 06 Nov 2017, 09:13    Post subject:  

user report

PPM > Configure package manager > Update database > Update now

for artfulpup,you have to press ENTER many times.
for xenialpup,you just press ENTER one time.
bigpup

PostPosted: Mon 06 Nov 2017, 11:14    Post subject:  

PPM > Configure package manager > Options

UN-select Use verbose method during update of the package databases

If this option is selected. It asks to confirm or not, each repository database update.

Also, look at the other possible options.
A lot of useful options, as to how PPM will work.

melon688

PostPosted: Mon 06 Nov 2017, 22:44    Post subject:  

for artfulpup,
check two options,
(see ppm.png)
when do
PPM > Configure package manager > Update database > Update now
you just need to press ENTER one time.

THANKS
ppm.png
 Description   
 Filesize   158.72 KB
 Viewed   983 Time(s)

ppm.png

peebee

PostPosted: Wed 08 Nov 2017, 04:52    Post subject:  

Update 17.11+3 - openssl updates
belham2

PostPosted: Fri 10 Nov 2017, 07:09    Post subject:  

Hi Peebee (and all),

Not sure if anyone else is seeing this, but I first noticed it on Zestypup and it has carried through to Artfulpup. After you get the pup all set up, it has a savefolder/file, and you go about using the pup for many successive boots, never once---if you right-click the network tray icon---will you be able to have the "Disconnect From Network" work. I often like to disconnect the network when either doing stuff offline and/or letting the computer sit for awhile. But in Zesty/Artfulpups this is not possible using the tray icon (this function works in all other pups I use AFAIK). I do not know if this is something peculiar to using SNS (which I do) for network setup or if it doesn't matter what you've used when 1st setting up your connection.

Here's a pic of what I am talking about----you right-click the network tray icon, choose "Disconnect From Network", and it just ignores you and stays connected (browsers, etc, everything is still connected to the Net, I tested them). Other pups I use when you do this right-click, you are immediately 'disconnected' and a red X is placed over the network connection showing that it is disconnected:
right-click-Disconnect-From-Network--not-working.png
 Description   
 Filesize   38.44 KB
 Viewed   619 Time(s)

right-click-Disconnect-From-Network--not-working.png

Marv

PostPosted: Fri 10 Nov 2017, 09:34    Post subject:  

@belham2, Working here on my i5 based laptop. It was a fresh savefile quite recently (certainly for ArtfulPup) with a completely std SNS wifi setup so I really don't think it's anything extra in my savefile. Dunno.

Edit: I clicked again on the tray icon just to get the dialog box for SNS up for the screenshot...
network_off.png
 Description   
 Filesize   104.36 KB
 Viewed   592 Time(s)

network_off.png

Pups currently in kennel Very Happy X-slacko 4.4 and X-tahr 2.0 for my users; LxPupSc,LxPupXenial & XFCE_XenialPup64 for me. All good pups indeed, and all running browsers, office etc. solely from SFS.
belham2

PostPosted: Fri 10 Nov 2017, 15:30    Post subject:  

Marv wrote:
@belham2, Working here on my i5 based laptop. It was a fresh savefile quite recently (certainly for ArtfulPup) with a completely std SNS wifi setup so I really don't think it's anything extra in my savefile. Dunno.

Edit: I clicked again on the tray icon just to get the dialog box for SNS up for the screenshot...

@marv, thanks for checking. I don't know what's going. I just did another fresh 'frugal' install of latest Artfulpup, did nothing else except go through the standard screens and setup Internet with SNS,hit shutdown, let it go through and create a savefolder, rebooted, and once back at desktop (SNS automatically connected, thankfully), once again the 'right-click on tray icon "Disconnect from Network" is not working. Just totally unresponsive clicking on it....I can still surf and do whatever after.

So I don't know what is going on......can it be my hardware? Thing is, this is the 2nd laptop (totally different, one is an Core-i3, another is an AMD), that this is happening on. And it happened in every Zestypup I set up. So am at a loss here....... Confused

I will re-download Artfulpup again, apply latest delta, and see what happens. But this seems pointless since it happened on every Zestypup I did (which was 3 of them, all posted in the beginning on this whole thread).
belham2

PostPosted: Fri 10 Nov 2017, 16:50    Post subject:  

....and the mystery deepens.

Re-Downloaded Artful. Set up another 'frugal' install. Did nothing except set my location and set up lan internet with SNS. Let it create Savefolder, shutdown and restart. Same thing, try network icon right-clicking presents a not functioning "Disconnect from Network".

Completely wiped this new 'frugal' install.

Set up another 'frugal' install. Did everything the same, except this time used SNS to connect to my wifi. Created Savefolder, re-started, and what do you know: using 'wifi' and SNS, the tray icon will now let you disconnect.

So, (tray icon) does not work with Lan connections. Above my paygrade (read: knowledge) to decipher and know what's wrong here.....am just reporting. And thinking back, this is what every 'frugal' installed Zesty did. You set up LAN using SNS, reboot and the tray icon right-click "Disconnect from Network" fails to work. But, if you set up 'wifi' connection with SNS, upon next reboot, all is good and tray icon works as it should letting you "Disconnect from Network' wifi.

Just guessing, but doesn't this seem to be a built-in kernel driver bug from the first inception of Zesty (and now Artful)? No other pup and ddog I have (keep nearly 14 in all up to date and functioning, using them all during the week), exhibits this behavior.
Marv

PostPosted: Fri 10 Nov 2017, 17:09    Post subject:  

I just did a fresh frugal of 17.11.3, set up a tiny savefile and rebooted to rule out something in my savefile. Disconnecting (Wifi) works fine. You're ahead of me in the post above. Have you tried using PWF 4.1 on the wired connection? A few more steps than SNS but IIRC I could disconnect and reconnect ok on my wired boxes. It's odd, but I suppose reflects interest and time spent, that wireless connections now seem smoother/easier than wired. To me anyway.
Pups currently in kennel Very Happy X-slacko 4.4 and X-tahr 2.0 for my users; LxPupSc,LxPupXenial & XFCE_XenialPup64 for me. All good pups indeed, and all running browsers, office etc. solely from SFS.
futwerk

PostPosted: Mon 13 Nov 2017, 21:17    Post subject:  

new backgrounds.
artful6.jpg
 Description   http://www.mediafire.com/?x4v77bi1p58ox
 Filesize   17.36 KB
 Viewed   284 Time(s)

artful6.jpg

artful5.jpg
 Description   http://www.mediafire.com/?x4v77bi1p58ox
 Filesize   14.56 KB
 Viewed   282 Time(s)