YouTube stopped working in Quirky Werewolf (Solved)

Using applications, configuring, problems
Flash
Official Dog Handler

YouTube stopped working in Quirky Werewolf (Solved)

#1 Post by Flash »

The subject line pretty much says all I know to say about it. I remember watching, or trying to watch, a video on another website just before this happened. Sorry, I can't remember the website or the video. :(

Now all I get when I click on YouTube videos that used to work is an error message (for example, "An error occurred. Please try again later. (Playback ID:15aQIX_-1jWur3n-)).

I've tried restarting SeaMonkey. That didn't have any effect. Neither did Firefox (I don't know which version. That doesn't show on the Firefox start page. I installed it from a .pet I think. YouTube videos always played in it before.)

I suppose that a library has been corrupted somewhere but I have no idea where to look or what to do.

I'm running Quirky Werewolf from DVD with no Save file, so everything is in RAM. I could reboot from the DVD, but then I'd lose all the settings I've changed in the months since I last rebooted. :(

I downloaded Firefox 57.0.2.tar.bz2 from the Mozilla website and extracted it, but I don't know what to do with it now.
Last edited by Flash on Tue 12 Dec 2017, 15:52, edited 1 time in total.

nic007

#2 Post by nic007 »

but then I'd lose all the settings I've changed in the months since I last rebooted. Sad
Remaster?

Flash
Official Dog Handler

#3 Post by Flash »

Well, I wound up having to reboot anyway. I tried to download Linux Mint and discovered that my RAM was almost full of who knows what, so I simply rebooted the DVD which cleared out the RAM. Now YouTube works fine again.