Puppy Linux Discussion Forum Forum Index Puppy Linux Discussion Forum
Puppy HOME page : puppylinux.com
"THE" alternative forum : puppylinux.info

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

The time now is Fri 20 Apr 2018, 13:05
All times are UTC - 4
 Forum index » Advanced Topics » Puppy Projects
Xenialpup64 CE 7.5 / 25 Nov 2017
Moderators: Flash, JohnMurga
Page 38 of 45 [669 Posts]   Goto page: Previous 1, 2, 3, ..., 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, ..., 43, 44, 45 Next
Brown Mouse

PostPosted: Sun 17 Dec 2017, 07:07    Post subject:  

I've tried several different Android devices and none of them seem to work in MTP mode making it impossible to gain access to the internal storage.
bigpup

PostPosted: Sun 17 Dec 2017, 07:38    Post subject:  

entered in error.
watchdog

PostPosted: Sun 17 Dec 2017, 08:14    Post subject:  

Brown Mouse wrote:
I've tried several different Android devices and none of them seem to work in MTP mode making it impossible to gain access to the internal storage.

Send a Private Message to rcrsn51: he has a camphonetab 64 bit which needs to be tested.
musher0

PostPosted: Sun 17 Dec 2017, 12:19    Post subject:  

Hi 666philb.

Just a word to thank you for a job well done.

Also to convey to all that:
-- any user experiencing sluggishness with the xenialPup-7.5_64-bits, like I did, can
make it into a very snappy distro simply by replacing the 4.9 kernel and zdrv with the
items in Puppy's "huge" kernel called "huge-3.16.43-s64-700.tar.bz2" available here.

Bonne continuation ! Smile

« Il ne faut pas multiplier les entités logiques sans nécessité. » (Ockham)
p310don

PostPosted: Sun 17 Dec 2017, 17:49    Post subject:  

Brown Mouse:

Quote:

How are you trying to connect them? I have found that the "connect your android phone" thing under filesystem does nothing, but Pupcamera under graphic works well for me.
musher0

PostPosted: Sun 17 Dec 2017, 18:42    Post subject:  

Hello Phil and all.

Please find at http://murga-linux.com/puppy/viewtopic.php?p=977735&sort=lastpost#977735
the waimea WM for the xenialPup-7.5_64bits, along with the bmpanel2 task-and-tray bar.
A screen capture of what they look like is attached below.

It was originally I intended the 64-bit compilation of waimea-170901 as a Christmas gift
to Phil B. for its excellent work on xenialPup, and to the Puppyists using xenialPup64.

greengeek (see his post below) and others have suggested that I create a separate thread
for it. Which I did. But the intention remains!

Merry Christmas to all!
xenialPup-7.5_64bits+waimea_WM.jpg
Description 
jpg

Download 
Filename  xenialPup-7.5_64bits+waimea_WM.jpg 
Filesize  148.59 KB 
Downloaded  180 Time(s) 

Last edited by musher0 on Fri 22 Dec 2017, 21:47; edited 1 time in total
musher0

PostPosted: Sun 17 Dec 2017, 20:32    Post subject:  

Hello all.

The post that was here is now there! Smile (in the waimea thread)

Last edited by musher0 on Fri 22 Dec 2017, 21:52; edited 2 times in total
battleshooter

PostPosted: Sun 17 Dec 2017, 20:34    Post subject:  

Brown Mouse wrote:

p310don wrote:
How are you trying to connect them? I have found that the "connect your android phone" thing under filesystem does nothing, but Pupcamera under graphic works well for me.

There should be a little pop up notification saying one needs to install go-mtpfs. This is the one I downloaded and added to XFCE Xenial with dependencies if you want to give it a go.

go-mtpfs.pet

I'm not sure what version it is, it's just the one available from the PPM. The only time it hasn't worked for me is when I was using a bad usb cable. Phil's made it quite a cool automatic system, once go-mtpfs is installed, XenialPup will sense when your phone is plugged in and automatically ask you if you want to mount it.

greengeek

PostPosted: Mon 18 Dec 2017, 01:44    Post subject:  

musher0 wrote:
Someone sent me a PM suggesting I explain how to switch WM's.

I was so surprised I stood stunned for a minute.
For those of you oldies who have been adoring the JWM god for too long, or for the newbies who were brought up in the religion and as a result have no inkling that other window managers exist, here goes:...
Code:
xwin waimea
or
Code:
xwin icewm
or
Code:
xwin echinus
or...

Could it be that all Puppyists bow to the god JWM nowadays? Geez. What
happened to freedom of religion!!!
Deserves a whole thread just to itself. I don't try other window managers because
a) BarryK said jwm is compulsory and
b) Changing window managers is hard.

Or maybe not?

I would like to try other wms, but not if it's hard, and only if I can do it in 30 seconds and recover previous settings quickly.

HowTo?
Brown Mouse

PostPosted: Mon 18 Dec 2017, 04:32    Post subject:  

p310don wrote:
Brown Mouse:

Quote:

No,unfortunately Pupcamera doesn't work for me.
Brown Mouse

PostPosted: Mon 18 Dec 2017, 04:34    Post subject:  

battleshooter wrote:
Brown Mouse wrote:

p310don wrote:

There should be a little pop up notification saying one needs to install go-mtpfs. This is the one I downloaded and added to XFCE Xenial with dependencies if you want to give it a go.

go-mtpfs.pet

I'm not sure what version it is, it's just the one available from the PPM. The only time it hasn't worked for me is when I was using a bad usb cable. Phil's made it quite a cool automatic system, once go-mtpfs is installed, XenialPup will sense when your phone is plugged in and automatically ask you if you want to mount it.

Thank you so much battleshooter,your pet worked perfectly and I can now see and open both storage directories Smile
musher0

PostPosted: Mon 18 Dec 2017, 09:37    Post subject:  

The post that was here is now there! (In the waimea thread)

It includes my reply to greengeek's post above.

Last edited by musher0 on Fri 22 Dec 2017, 22:05; edited 2 times in total
belham2

PostPosted: Tue 19 Dec 2017, 06:41    Post subject:  

Hi all,

Been trying to use the new Firefoxes (Quantum and above), and I do like them, as they seem snappier and more responsive.

But I keep running into little headaches. For example, in Xenialpup64 (and Battleshooter's XFCE based off of this Xenial), I cannot get simple embedded videos to play on the big websites. Is this because of the apulse-thing we must install??

For example, in Xenial, & using a Firefox Quantum browser, can anyone get this simple embedded 10 sec video (below) to play from Yahoo's main sport page, which shows Larry Nance Jr of the Los Angeles Lakers dunking over Kevin Durant of the Golden State Warriors (last night's game)???

https://sports.yahoo.com/larry-nance-jr-posterized-kevin-durant-lakers-bench-went-nuts-051329876.html

Palemoon, both 32 & 64 bit, plays this and other embedded vids no problem. Same with Google and the blink-based brwosers. But Firefox, and Seamonkey, just frustratingly dead in the water Confused They just fall flat on their faces.

Jeezus, all I want is a modern 64-bit pup that I can browse to any website and just have everything work, using Firefox (since I can customize it like crazy in about:config). Palemoon is fun, but add-ons are bereft from it, unlike Firefox. And using the blink-based browsers, everybody knows your business of browsing on the web.

Can anyone check to see, if they have Firefox loaded in their Xenial64pup, if the above link will play? (There's actually 2 embedded videos on the page that won't play, yet, as mentioned, palemoon and the blink-based browsers play them no problems). That link is symptomatic of the problems I am running into in just normal surfing across the web using Firefox's new Quantums on Xenialpup64 (and, actually, across other 64-bit pups and ddogs that I've tested these past few days).

I want to stick with either Phil's and/or Battleshooter's XFCE Xenial because, otherwise, everything runs great. Plus, it is 64-bit, which is mandatory in my book. And I want like to stick with Firefox Quantums, because of their customizability and new, snappier speeds.

Thanks for any help.
battleshooter

PostPosted: Tue 19 Dec 2017, 07:15    Post subject:  

belham2 wrote:
can anyone get this simple embedded 10 sec video (below) to play from Yahoo's main sport page, which shows Larry Nance Jr of the Los Angeles Lakers dunking over Kevin Durant of the Golden State Warriors (last night's game)???

https://sports.yahoo.com/larry-nance-jr-posterized-kevin-durant-lakers-bench-went-nuts-051329876.html

The second video on the page will play for me automatically, but the first one won't unless I click on the link.

I'm not sure where to start on troubleshooting as running Firefox in a terminal doesn't pull any errors. That does make me think it isn't an apulse issue, but I can't really rule it out

belham2

PostPosted: Tue 19 Dec 2017, 07:36    Post subject:  

battleshooter wrote:
belham2 wrote:
can anyone get this simple embedded 10 sec video (below) to play from Yahoo's main sport page, which shows Larry Nance Jr of the Los Angeles Lakers dunking over Kevin Durant of the Golden State Warriors (last night's game)???

The second video on the page will play for me automatically, but the first one won't unless I click on the link.

I'm not sure where to start on troubleshooting as running Firefox in a terminal doesn't pull any errors. That does make me think it isn't an apulse issue, but I can't really rule it out

Hi Battleshooter,

I am posting this from your great XFCE-Xenialpup64 right now. I don't understand how you got it to play. This is the 3rd frugal install I've tried of XFCE-Xenialpup64, and the Firefox browser will not play that link. Here is what I see (and I've changed and/or done nothing to the frugal installs and/or Firefox you included. Even tried your .pet you made, same thing......are my systems cursed, haha Crying or Very sad ):
larry-nance-no-see-dunk.png
 Description   
 Filesize   5.6 KB
 Viewed   347 Time(s)

larry-nance-no-see-dunk.png

Page 38 of 45 [669 Posts]   Goto page: Previous 1, 2, 3, ..., 36, 37, 38, 39, 40, ..., 43, 44, 45 Next
 Forum index » Advanced Topics » Puppy Projects
Jump to: