Vote: Do you use Linux EXCLUSIVELY?

Promote Puppy !

Do you use Linux EXCLUSIVELY?

Yes, I exclusively use Puppy Linux
32%
Yes, I exclusively use Puppy and other Linux(es)
20%
No, I mainly use Linux but keep Windows around
34%
No, I use Linux but also use Windows a lot
14%

Total votes: 91

rufwoof

#101 Post by rufwoof »

None of the above.

Mostly use Unix (OpenBSD works very well with my hardware), but keep Linux (Puppy) around for potential admin/recovery purposes.

Duprate

Puppy Linux

#102 Post by Duprate »

Olá! Uso o Puppy Linux a vários anos, como única distro. Inicialmente foi um derivado, o Browserlinux. Depois o Lupu 5.2.8. Atualmente uso o XenialPup64 7.5, bastante personalizado e com o Kernel 4.16.12, como distro principal, navegação com Firefox quantum 61, Google Chrome 67 e Vivaldi 1.15. Para o lazer uso o Tahr 6.0.5 32bits + Wine 1.3.6, para rodar vários jogos e programas da época do Windows XP.

Duprate

#103 Post by Duprate »

Hello! I use Puppy Linux for several years as the only distro. Initially it was a derivative, the Browserlinux. Then Lupu 5.2.8. I currently use XenialPup64 7.5, quite custom and with Kernel 4.16.12, as main distro, navigation with Firefox quantum 61, Google Chrome 67 and Vivaldi 1.15. For leisure use Tahr 6.0.5 32bits + Wine 1.3.6, to run various games and programs of the time of Windows XP.

nosystemdthanks

#104 Post by nosystemdthanks »

all my machines run an actively-developed derivative of void linux; which until recently was based on refracta and also (farther back) librepup or puppy tahr.

i have tried bsd, but it doesnt have the features i want. its a really great os though.

i recently purchased an inexpensive machine with xp on it. normally when i purchase a used machine i have written over the copy of windows within minutes or hours; this one im tempted to try out all the things ive done for "gnu/linux and windows" lately. generally speaking, i use wine for that. instead of writing over that drive, i just disconnected it and put in one with gnu/linux on it.

but actually use xp for something? no. it tends to just get deleted.

i had a windows 7 machine, i put debian on it. i got a windows 2k machine, i actually got rid of that drive (it was pata. i can use pata, but these days im pretty much done with pata. the first time i got a machine with sata i traded it for an older one though, because the new puppy worked on sata but my favourite version didnt support it.)
[color=green]The freedom to NOT run the software, to be free to avoid vendor lock-in through appropriate modularization/encapsulation and minimized dependencies; meaning any free software can be replaced with a user’s preferred alternatives.[/color]