Xvkbd: Virtual keyboard

Miscellaneous tools
greengeek

Re: Can PET for version 3.5 be available?

#21 Post by greengeek »

gcmartin wrote:I am looking for version 3.5 in a "modern" PUP distro. Namely, PET to work in LxPUP,TahrPUP, or Vivid or Slacko6. Dependencies
Hi GC, did you find what you were looking for? I did make a v3.5 pet based on a version by Medor - it seems to have no dependencies on pups from wary through to Slacko 5.6 so may be suitable for the newer pups too. This pet is a cutdown version as i wanted a small keyboard to save screen area and I only neded english version, but maybe it is worth a try?
Download here

bigpup

#22 Post by bigpup »

entered in error
The things they do not tell you, are usually the clue to solving the problem.
When I was a kid I wanted to be older.... This is not what I expected :shock:
YaPI(any iso installer)

Revolverve

#23 Post by Revolverve »

Get xvkbd3.7-32bit or 64.pet ,should work on all puppies
choose

Pelo

On Screen Keyboard 'modern distros' by VividPup 6.5

#24 Post by Pelo »

On Screen Keyboard 'modern distros' by VividPup 6.5
'I am looking for version 3.5 in a "modern" PUP distro. Namely, PET to work in LxPUP,TahrPUP, or Vivid or Slacko6. Dependencies? '
Searching.

"Then when I just hover the mouse over the keys
without pressing, it already types the letters for
example in the firefox adress bar...
Hmm, when I don t press the Focus key,
it does not make anything, although I click
onto the keys...strange...
"
Set on/off of the automatic click feature and the delay before automatic click is activated. If this feature is set, xvkbd will work as if left mouse button is clicked when mouse pointer is moved on a button and stays long enough. You may want to set Jump Pointer? to OFF to avoid auto-repeating.

This keyboard is available in the Cloud, in Chrome Version of Vividpup 6.5. I check for more information to give you.
xvkbd-3.7.i686.pet: 199 K
Warning: Cannot convert string "-*-lucidatypewriter-bold-r-*-*-12-*-*-*-*-*-iso8859-1" to type FontStruct
Attachments
onscreenkeyboard.jpg
(59.15 KiB) Downloaded 1928 times

Pelo

xvkbd_gg_small-3.5.pet: 47 K by Médor

#25 Post by Pelo »

xvkbd_gg_small-3.5.pet: 47 K by Médor works on Vividpup 6.5
Merci Greengeek
Last edited by Pelo on Mon 10 Apr 2017, 19:01, edited 1 time in total.

slavvo67

#26 Post by slavvo67 »

I made a one line script from Aragon's suggestion on page 1 and with a simple drag and drop to the desktop, one click gets me to the Virtual Keyboard.

Works with Quirky Unicorn and Quirky April 32 bit.

Pelo

hungarian xvkbd makes my job less difficult.

#27 Post by Pelo »

Hungarian to get virtual keyboard to their colours, in their Precise 5.7.3 click the blue. For hungarians only.
But as these Puppies improved in hungary please me a lot, hungarian xvkbd makes my job less difficult.
Attachments
Screenshot_2016-03-29_04_07_36.jpg
Provided free of charge in the hungarian Slacko 5.3.3thin.
(30.46 KiB) Downloaded 1598 times

boof

#28 Post by boof »

my problem is that i can't get kbrd & touchpad working permanently on my dm1-4201au with 6.3.2. it works for a while then stops. external mouse/kbrd work, but I don't want to tie up usb port(s).

I loaded acpi_pad, which worked both for an hour or so, I loaded the default apps chooser 0.8.9.x and it all died. also loaded another file then. now I'm back on external devices. It was a new hda so perhaps i'm missing some factory drivers? If I knew what they were called I could prob do it. I have hp diagnostics on usb, so I hope to find the fault.

Pelo

version 3.7 fr by Medor

#29 Post by Pelo »

version 3.7 fr see forum ici (here)

Pelo

a version Wallabies, with french keyboard

#30 Post by Pelo »

Hungarian keyboard omitted in last version 3.7 ! french will add it in a new pet i think.
Citizen of Australia, as Puppy, i provide you a version Wallabies, with french keyboard, to post in french in 'section francophone', here, in our forum.
Help needed by Argolance, de France, here
"xvkbasiconf et xvkbjwmbasiconfsont deux petits utilitaires qui permettent de définir les principales options de configuration visuelle du Clavier Virtuel XVkbd 3.7 (inclus dans le paquet ainsi que les libs libXaw3d.so.8 et libXp.so.6)"

Poland and polish keyboard
Attachments
Wallabies.jpg
Pour une rencontre contre le coq gaulois !
(107.15 KiB) Downloaded 1001 times

Pelo

i fail however to focus on seamonkey the browser

#31 Post by Pelo »

sure this old laptop will die soon, lot of things are broken, hinge for screen attach to the keybord is broken, but the virtual keyboard works perfect. i fail however to focus on seamonkey the browser

Pelo

XVkbd included

#32 Post by Pelo »

Italian Keyboard is colorized with the cycling team 'Lampre' jersey. Lampre no more exists. Pls change that for our passengers from Italian puppy.org.
Hungarian keyboard included in precise 571 to type magyar
Attachments
Puppy customization.jpg
my keyboards colours. merci.
(90.45 KiB) Downloaded 727 times

Revolverve

#33 Post by Revolverve »

Get xvkbd 3.8 32bit or 64.pet ,should work on most puppy.
choose
No bling bling but including one lib,libXaw3d.

hamoudoudou

our coloured version 3.7 by Argolance

#34 Post by hamoudoudou »

our coloured version 3.7 includes Poland and hungary* keyboards, countries where a Puppy communauty has a forum . It should be easy to add them in version 3.8, if they are not included
Hungary Keyboard provided by s-kami and csipesz
josejp2424 has included bling bling virtual keyboard version 3.7 in Shiba Inu the pupjibaro for latin america because latinos are fond of colors... and samba.
Attachments
pologne.jpg
Build to suit ToOpPy
(66.18 KiB) Downloaded 614 times

Revolverve

#35 Post by Revolverve »

Get xvkbd 3.9 32bit or 64.pet ,should work on most puppy.
choose
No bling-bling but including one lib,libXaw3d.

mikeslr

xvkbd-4.0 64-bit

#36 Post by mikeslr »

Revolverve has published a xvkbd-4.0-x86_64.pet. http://murga-linux.com/puppy/viewtopic. ... 09#1006709

frenchy

#37 Post by frenchy »

How do you load it if your keyboard doesn't function? ( typed using onboard on Peppermint 7) should it not be a part of quickpup.

mikeslr

#38 Post by mikeslr »

frenchy wrote:How do you load it if your keyboard doesn't function?
Isn't there a menu listing: Menu>Utility>xvkbd virtual keyboard ?

Mike Walsh

#39 Post by Mike Walsh »

frenchy wrote:How do you load it if your keyboard doesn't function? ( typed using onboard on Peppermint 7) should it not be a part of quickpup.
As t'other Mike says, launch it with the Menu entry. Either that, or drag the binary directly to the desktop, and use that instead. I take it your mouse is working?

I keep it in the 'Quick launch' area of the tray, between the 'Menu' button and the desktop pager. From here, it's always available...... As for 'should it not be a part of quickpup', well; different folks have differing ideas about what's important, and should therefore be easily available.

I had no interest in a virtual keyboard until the fateful day when I spilt half a mug of coffee down the right-hand side of my old Dell's keyboard. All of a sudden, I was extremely interested..! It's all about priorities, if ya think about it.....

Mike. :wink: