Woof Trash, Connect and Zip Icons missing

Using applications, configuring, problems
slavvo67

Woof Trash, Connect and Zip Icons missing

#1 Post by slavvo67 »

Recently did a new WoofQ and the above 3 icons defaulted to folders. I gather that there's a specific pet package with the trash, zip and connect icons but I can't seem to locate the package or otherwise where the problem stems from. All my other pins have proper icons.

Thanks for saving me hours of research if you can.

Slavvo67

BarryK
Puppy Master

#2 Post by BarryK »

You do mean woofQ, not woof-CE?

The icons are to be found in /usr/local/lib/X11/pixmaps, which will have icons from one of the desktop themes, in /usr/local/lib/X11/themes

The icons should be there. What must be wrong is the rox-filer PET package. Look in /root/Choices/ROX-Filer, files globicons and PuppyPin, and you will see what icons are assigned to "connect" etc.

I am just trying to recall... in woofQ, there is also rootfs-skeleton/root/Choices/ROX-Filer/globicons and PuppyPin

Ah, that's right. as there are many rox-filer PETs around, to ensure that globicons and PuppyPin are correct, if you look in script '3buildeasydistro' (build script for EasyOS):

Code: Select all

#171217 have moved this up, as these get written to in pinstall.sh...
#170826 have these in rootfs-skeleton, make sure override ones in rox pet...
cp -a -f rootfs-skeleton/root/Choices/ROX-Filer/PuppyPin sandbox3/rootfs-complete/root/Choices/ROX-Filer/
cp -a -f rootfs-skeleton/root/Choices/ROX-Filer/globicons sandbox3/rootfs-complete/root/Choices/ROX-Filer/
...did not do this in '3builddistro', the Quirky build script, that will be using globicons and PuppyPin from the rox-filer pet.

So, if building Easy, check globicons and PuppyPin in rootfs-skeleton, for the correct icons.
[url]https://bkhome.org/news/[/url]

Sailor Enceladus

#3 Post by Sailor Enceladus »

Funny, I tried to search "WoofQ BarryK" on Google, to see how hard it would be to compile a 32-bit Easy, and Googled changed my result to "Woof BarK". :) Sorry for going off-topic...
Attachments
woofbark.png
(13.82 KiB) Downloaded 94 times

slavvo67

#4 Post by slavvo67 »

Yes, Google has been taking some liberties lately....

slavvo67

#5 Post by slavvo67 »

Yes, almost always using WoofQ....

slavvo67

#6 Post by slavvo67 »

I think that I've identified what went wrong. I copies WoofQ and all my previous files to a new directory and I think certain files and/or links did not copy over; leaving me with generic file folders that do not execute like normal desktop pins but open up a directory, instead.

Barryk: I'm not sure where those 2 lines would go. I downloaded the latest WoofQ I could find, which appears to be October 2017; I didn't see those lines added. Is there a newer one?

I guess that if I just merge2out and copy over the already downloaded files, everything should be complete. We'll see.

BarryK
Puppy Master

#7 Post by BarryK »

October 2017, way out of date!

The latest is a tarball, here:

http://distro.ibiblio.org/easyos/project/woofq/

I am planning to release Easy 0.7 very soon, and will upload another tarball then.
[url]https://bkhome.org/news/[/url]

slavvo67

#8 Post by slavvo67 »

Thanks Barryk!

I think that I solved this issue a different way. Just to repaint the scenario, I copied my WoofQ to another drive and then tried to build an exact copy of the last RUXerus from the other drive. The Zip, Trash, Connect and strangely, only sometimes the lock icon became folders instead of pins.

Anyway, it seems that I copied over without links and/or copied to a fat32 with size limitation as compared to an ext2, which messed up part of WoofQ. Not sure which was the issue but I used rsync instead of the cp command and also moved to another ext2 drive. Seems to be fixed but I'm still testing to see if everything else is working correctly.