Batch conversion of HTML to document format?

Puppy related raves and general interest that doesn't fit anywhere else
darrelljon

Batch conversion of HTML to document format?

#1 Post by darrelljon »

What is the best way of batch conversion of HTML to any document format? Preferably offline. I have Word 2007 but I understand Batch Conversion Wizard was removed in this version. I have OpenOffice and LibreOffice but the Document Converter doesn't accept HTML I don't think.

musher0

Re: Batch conversion of HTML to document format?

#2 Post by musher0 »

darrelljon wrote:What is the best way of batch conversion of HTML to any document format? Preferably offline. I have Word 2007 but I understand Batch Conversion Wizard was removed in this version. I have OpenOffice and LibreOffice but the Document Converter doesn't accept HTML I don't think.
darrelljon,

If you say "I don't think", it means that you have NOT tried this conversion from
within OpenOffice or LibreOffice. Do try it before bugging us some more. Thanks.

Nobody will help you if you have not tried to help yourself BEFORE coming here to
ask questions.

Regards.
musher0
~~~~~~~~~~
"You want it darker? We kill the flame." (L. Cohen)

Burn_IT

#3 Post by Burn_IT »

Have you tried getting Word to do it?
You might have to write a script to cycle through the files, but I suspect that Word would be able to handle a folder at a time without.
"Just think of it as leaving early to avoid the rush" - T Pratchett

Colonel Panic

#4 Post by Colonel Panic »

If you're willing to accept text files as your output files and don't mind working in DOS, Bruce Guthrie's HTMSTRIP will do it (I've used it in the past);

http://users.erols.com/waynesof/bruce.htm
Gigabyte M68MT-52P motherboard, AMD Athlon II X4 630, 5.8 GB of DDR3 RAM and a 250 GB Hitachi hard drive running Ubuntu 16.04.6, MX-19.2, Peppermint 10, PCLinuxOS 20.02, LXLE 18.04.3, Pardus 19.2, exGENT 200119, Bionic Pup 8.0 and Xenial CE 7.5 XL.

smokey01

Re: Batch conversion of HTML to document format?

#5 Post by smokey01 »

darrelljon wrote:What is the best way of batch conversion of HTML to any document format? Preferably offline. I have Word 2007 but I understand Batch Conversion Wizard was removed in this version. I have OpenOffice and LibreOffice but the Document Converter doesn't accept HTML I don't think.
Opening an html document in LibreOffice and saving in odt worked here.

Burn_IT

#6 Post by Burn_IT »

It works in Word fine, but the question was about automating it for a whole folder of documents.
"Just think of it as leaving early to avoid the rush" - T Pratchett

slavvo67

#7 Post by slavvo67 »

https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/ ... sp=sharing

Put in root/my-applications/bin and run termconvert8 from terminal. Need YAD installed. I should make it more user friendly...