I deleted all thumbnails, How to get them back?

Using applications, configuring, problems
lolo69

#61 Post by lolo69 »

Also please answer my very first question: What happens when you reboot?
When rebooting my pc? what should happen, nothing special it just load like always, but you know my iconless desktop this time.

MochiMoppel

#62 Post by MochiMoppel »

lolo69 wrote:None of them work neither the ones that work clicking on them nor the ones that not.
Sorry, language problem. I don't understand this sentence.
lolo69 wrote:

Code: Select all

root# /usr/share/applications/palemoon.desktop
bash: /usr/share/applications/palemoon.desktop: Permission denied
Well, this would never work since .desktop files are pure text files and you can't run them with bash, but are you saying that all your triangle ROX shortcuts contain links to /usr/share/applications/xxx.desktop files? This would mean that you created them manually because no decent installer would do that and that foxpup was - miraculously - right. But it makes no sense: When you open a ROX window and click on a /usr/share/applications/palemoon.desktop it is the same as if you would click on a ROX desktop icon that has "/usr/share/applications/palemoon.desktop" as its link address. Either both work or none works, both actions are controlled by ROX and ROX makes no difference.

Does any of your triangel shortcuts point to an address that is not a .desktop file?

foxpup

#63 Post by foxpup »

miraculously
What? I knew it all the time. I am not stupid, I am. :lol:

lolo69

#64 Post by lolo69 »

Well, this would never work since .desktop files are pure text files and you can't run them with bash, but are you saying that all your triangle ROX shortcuts contain links to /usr/share/applications/xxx.desktop files? This would mean that you created them manually because no decent installer would do that and that foxpup was - miraculously - right.
Yes, almost every single one has a /usr/share/applications/xxx.desktop path.
I created them with PupMenuEdit tool.
Does any of your triangel shortcuts point to an address that is not a .desktop file?
But i just found that the console icon links to /usr/bin/urxvt, this because, most of default icons was erased by me from the desktop.
And once again: What happens when you reboot?
What do you mean? rebooting my pc? i gave you an answer to that, if it is not the pc what then?!

lolo69

#65 Post by lolo69 »

foxpup wrote:
miraculously
What? I knew it all the time. I am not stupid, I am. :lol:
Don't worry you don't walk alone into the stupidness bro. :)

EDIT: idk why but i think that sentence i just wrote has no sense, sorry i don't master the english.

foxpup

#66 Post by foxpup »

How about a clean desktop?
Sorry, bad joke again.

lolo69

#67 Post by lolo69 »

foxpup wrote:How about a clean desktop?
Sorry, bad joke again.
...walk alone.

MochiMoppel

#68 Post by MochiMoppel »

foxpup wrote:I am not stupid
I know, still I refrain from calling you a smart genius :lol:
lolo69 wrote:
But i just found that the console icon links to /usr/bin/urxvt, this because, most of default icons was erased by me from the desktop.
Are you saying that your "console icon" is not a triangle?
What do you mean? rebooting my pc? i gave you an answer to that, if it is not the pc what then?!
Please calm down. I already retracted my question while you were posting. I first didn't see you answer since you put it into an additional post on a new forum page.

lolo69

#69 Post by lolo69 »

Are you saying that your "console icon" is not a triangle?
No, it IS a triangle but the path does not lead to a .desktop file.

It is the answer of this question:

lolo69

#70 Post by lolo69 »

MochiMoppel quick question: What is your profile picture? it is really cool.

MochiMoppel

#71 Post by MochiMoppel »

lolo69 wrote:No, it IS a triangle but the path does not lead to a .desktop file.
OK, and what happens when you open a ROX window and drag the file /usr/bin/urxvt onto the desktop?

lolo69

#72 Post by lolo69 »

MochiMoppel wrote:
lolo69 wrote:No, it IS a triangle but the path does not lead to a .desktop file.
OK, and what happens when you open a ROX window and drag the file /usr/bin/urxvt onto the desktop?
Well, it generates a Triangle called urxvt and when you click on it the terminal start.

MochiMoppel

#73 Post by MochiMoppel »

lolo69 wrote:MochiMoppel quick question: What is your profile picture? it is really cool.
Quick answer: My own creation invented many moons ago to impress my girlfriend. Only genuine when drawn with a felt pen within 3 seconds :lol:
lolo69 wrote:Well, it generates a Triangle called urxvt and when you click on it the terminal start.
Interesting. And what should it generate? Please open /root/Choices/ROX-Filer/globicons. There should be an entry (and only one!) for /usr/bin/urxvt. Mine looks like this:

<rule match="/usr/bin/urxvt">
 <icon>/usr/local/lib/X11/pixmaps/console48.png</icon>
</rule>

lolo69

#74 Post by lolo69 »

<rule match="/usr/bin/rxvt">
  </rule>
  <rule match="/usr/bin/urxvt">
  </rule>
  <rule match="/usr/bin/mrxvt">
  </rule>
I got these three that are pretty similar.
Interesting. And what should it generate?
That's what i ask, what were you hoping for? when you drag anything onto the desktop it creates a shortcut.

MochiMoppel

#75 Post by MochiMoppel »

lolo69 wrote:
That's what i ask, what were you hoping for? when you drag anything onto the desktop it creates a shortcut.
You told me that it generates a triangle and I asked you what (icon) it should generate. I know that it creates a shortcut...

Your globicons file looks normal and as you can see the expected icon is /usr/local/lib/X11/pixmaps/console48.png.
Now go to /usr/local/lib/X11/pixmaps and click on console48.png. Verify that this icon indeed shows a console and not a triangle.

If the icon is OK, rightclick the urxvt triangle icon on your desktop and go to File 'console' (name may be different) => Set Icon.
The field "Drop an icon file here" should show /usr/local/lib/X11/pixmaps/console48.png. Does it? If not, what does it show? And what happens when you drag the file console48.png into the field?

lolo69

#76 Post by lolo69 »

MochiMoppel wrote:
lolo69 wrote:
You told me that it generates a triangle and I asked you what (icon) it should generate. I know that it creates a shortcut...

Your globicons file looks normal and as you can see the expected icon is /usr/local/lib/X11/pixmaps/console48.png.
Now go to /usr/local/lib/X11/pixmaps and click on console48.png. Verify that this icon indeed shows a console and not a triangle.

If the icon is OK, rightclick the urxvt triangle icon on your desktop and go to File 'console' (name may be different) => Set Icon.
The field "Drop an icon file here" should show /usr/local/lib/X11/pixmaps/console48.png. Does it? If not, what does it show? And what happens when you drag the file console48.png into the field?
Have you even seen the past replies before you entered into the talk?
I CANT see a single image. If i click console48.png it will show a error sign you can see above in the second page:
http://murga-linux.com/puppy/viewtopic. ... 6&start=15

lolo69

#77 Post by lolo69 »

Well, i'm sleepy. It's 23:34pm here so i'm gonna sleep. see you later. :P

MochiMoppel

#78 Post by MochiMoppel »

lolo69 wrote:Have you even seen the past replies before you entered into the talk?
I CANT see a single image. If i click console48.png it will show a error sign you can see above in the second page:
http://murga-linux.com/puppy/viewtopic. ... 6&start=15
Good bye!

Last edited by MochiMoppel on Sun 28 Jan 2018, 00:57, edited 2 times in total.

bigpup

#79 Post by bigpup »

I think you just need to do a clean fresh new install.

If you do a frugal install.
Anything that is added or changed is only stored in the save file or folder.

If the frugal install is on a Linux (ext 3, or 4) formatted location it can be a save folder.
This is the easiest save to use.

If you get everything setup and added to Tahrpup the way you want it.
Make a copy of the save.
Add bak. to the beginning of the name.
This keeps it from being used.
(To make it a working save remove the bak. from the name).

To recover from a bad nonworking condition.
All you have to do is replace the bad save with the good copy you made.

You can make a new copy of the save anytime you want to or you add something you want to always have.

menu>Utility>Pupsave Backup
That program will make a backup of the save anytime you run it.

You can have all the save backups you want or replace with a new one anytime you want.
The things they do not tell you, are usually the clue to solving the problem.
When I was a kid I wanted to be older.... This is not what I expected :shock:
YaPI(any iso installer)

TyroBGinner

#80 Post by TyroBGinner »

I will respond with something entirely non-relevant:

This exchange began a little more than a day ago and has generated six pages of responses??? Wow... You would think that lolo had released BeaverPup 8.5, although "BeaverKit" might be more appropriate.

He also placed a message in the "Derivatives" section. Witness my entertaining retort there.