VLMC - VideoLAN Movie Creator

Audio editors, music players, video players, burning software, etc.
Mike Walsh

VLMC - VideoLAN Movie Creator

#1 Post by Mike Walsh »

Morning, all.

Came across this completely by accident last night. It's an attempt by the folks at VideoLAN to build a video editor; it's still in the very early stages.

No packages available for Linux, yet, although a few enterprising individuals appear to have already built working Windoze packages from the available source-code. I snagged one of these, and it appears to run tolerably well under WINE.

You do get this at startup:-

...so you're getting plenty of warning that this is not release-quality, yet. The interface looks like this at present:-

Rather similar to the Adobe Premiere experience, although there's a long way to go!

-------------------------------------------------

As stated, a lot of stuff just isn't there at the moment.....but I feel this one is worth keeping an eye on. It shows promise, and could eventually turn into something pretty good.

(If anyone fancies trying this under WINE, you can find it on this page:-

https://vlmc.en.uptodown.com/windows

Home page is here:-

https://www.videolan.org/vlmc/

Mike. :wink:

disciple

#2 Post by disciple »

Looks like development on this isn't very active now... It actually started a decade or so ago.
Do you know a good gtkdialog program? Please post a link here

Classic Puppy quotes

ROOT FOREVER
GTK2 FOREVER

Mike Walsh

#3 Post by Mike Walsh »

disciple wrote:Looks like development on this isn't very active now... It actually started a decade or so ago.
Ah. I must have missed that, somewhere along the line. Thanks for the clarification, disciple! Cheers.

Mike. :wink: