XenialPup64 With XFCE-4.12

For talk and support relating specifically to Puppy derivatives
wadmalaw

#81 Post by wadmalaw »

Marv, thanks soooooo much. Was beginning to test my flawed concept... you saved me from myself. :D (Sometimes I think I need a minder this time of year... envious of those who sneeze vs. lose scores of effective IQ pts.) :shock:

Also thanks for the mention of the core 2 duo kernel max/ceiling... that was next on the list.

THANKS !!! THANKS !!! THANKS !!!

Marv

#82 Post by Marv »

wadmalaw wrote: Also thanks for the mention of the core 2 duo kernel max/ceiling... that was next on the list.
You may find that the 4.15.5 kernel will work in your hardware and if you do a pristine frugal install it's real quick to check. What I saw in my Fujitsu S6220 laptops was some kind of strange video driver/touchpad cursor interaction. The screen brightness was split horizontally at the cursor position :? and the split followed the cursor position. I decided it wasn't worth chasing as sooner or later a 4.4.xx kernel with full mitigation will show up and a quick swap in of 4.4.59 was fine in that hardware.
Pups currently in kennel :D Older LxPupSc and X-slacko-4.4 for my users; LxPupSc, LxPupSc64 and upupEF for me. All good pups indeed, and all running savefiles for look'n'feel only. Browsers, etc. solely from SFS.

wadmalaw

#83 Post by wadmalaw »

Thanks for further thought. I did test 4.15.5 yesterday... accidentally... rapid screen flicker on Thinkpad 500. The screen flicker followed the cursor (in general). Way over my head to even contemplate... bailed immediately.