u know a help?

hvalalepa

rg66

#202 Post by rg66 »

kiramm wrote:dobro vecer

i meant in x thar to instal virtual box was no succes as visible o pics

u know a help?

hvalalepa
X-Tahr-2.0 is based on tahrpup-6.0.5 with 3.14.56 PAE kernel. I had no problem running virtualbox-4.3.12-1.sfs, here's what I did:

1) load devx_tahr_6.0.5.sfs
2) load kernel_sources-3.14.56-tahr_PAE_6.0.5.sfs
3) load virtualbox-4.3.12-1.sfs
4) run virtualbox
Attachments
Screenshot.jpg
(41.9 KiB) Downloaded 1304 times
X-slacko-5b1 - X-tahr-2.0 - X-precise-2.4
[url=http://smokey01.com/rg66/]X-series repo[/url]

rg66

Re: atril, qpdf, pinta

#203 Post by rg66 »

zagreb999 wrote:atril, qpdf, pinta...
for x-tahr?

regards.
Package manager lists qpdfview and pinta.

zagreb999

djvu for x-tahr

#204 Post by zagreb999 »

qpdfview does not work with djvu...

thanks.

kiramm
Location: http://murga-linux.com/puppy/viewtopic. ... 393#988393

#205 Post by kiramm »

thank u

for big answer

and u have also no black frame around in full screen modus??

ps

if u click on harddisk

u dont get kernels like me_-?
Attachments
Screenshot_2016-11-20_20.53.43.png
(112.15 KiB) Downloaded 1305 times

Pelo

Virtualbox with Puppy Linux never tried at home

#206 Post by Pelo »

Virtualbox with Puppy Linux never tried at home. Questions were asked about it in french section of our forum. I will try it
Until now, i preferred to install the requested Puppy OS beside existing ones, because Virtualbox (under Windows 7) is only useful for taking a glance. . Lot of boring troubles with mouse in Virtual box... Wait and see, nothing is better than a try.

Moat

#207 Post by Moat »

Hello, rg66 -

I'm a half-arse'd tinkerer who's been working up a remaster of your X-Tahr 2.0, and everything is looking really, really great... except for one issue I keep running into;

When pasting/replacing a large number of "system-ish" files from one directory to another (such as copying over the /temp/root/ dir with the running /root/ dir during remaster) - the system semi-locks up, desktop background blinks on/off then eventually turns blank/grey, one of two CPU cores spikes and stays at 100%, and the task manager shows what I recall as gvfs-metadata (jeez... I think that's what it was... :oops: ) process as the culprit.

Even happened while deleting files from a just-inserted USB flash drive while preparing it for a fresh install.

Fortunately, I'm usually able to get through the remainder of the remastering, and a reboot (without saving) or a manual killing of the process and restart of X seems to set things straight again.

Any idea what that might be about, or any fix?

Other than that, your X-Tahr is simply great!! Thanks so much for this beaut!! 8)

Bob

Marv

#208 Post by Marv »

Hi Moat,

Ya, the villain is indeed gvfs-metadata. It's a gnome thing for sharing data between apps but especially on my Pentium Ms it gae oft astray. You can temporarily clean it up by killing it and cleaning out its directory in /root/.local/share but I usually disable it (and accept the minor consequences) by creating a directory named unused in /usr/share/dbus-1/services and cutting and pasting the file gvfs-metadata.service from the services dir into the unused bucket. You need to create a whiteout file to 'cover' it so IIRC deleting or cut/paste works, moving doesn't. This kludge is easily reversible and any consequences in my experience are also reversible. Not limited to this pup by any means. I usually re-enable it for my 'users', kind of a coin-flip.
Pups currently in kennel :D Older LxPupSc and X-slacko-4.4 for my users; LxPupSc, LxPupSc64 and upupEF for me. All good pups indeed, and all running savefiles for look'n'feel only. Browsers, etc. solely from SFS.

Moat

#209 Post by Moat »

Hey Marv - thanks for the reply 8)
Marv wrote:... kind of a coin-flip.
Yeah, I think I'll just clean out the /root/.local/share/gvfs-metadata/ directory as you mention, and leave the .service in place. It's something I'm now rather used to dealing with, and completely disabling it appears (after a bit of Googling) as if it may lead to other copy/paste/mount issues. Better safe than sorry, I suppose!

Maybe a little shell script to kill it when it gets out of hand - say, accessible from a taskbar button - would be a spiffy way to deal with it...

Just a bit of a wart on this otherwise seemingly perfect Puppy!

Thanks!!

Bob

Moat

#210 Post by Moat »

FWIW, I just ran and completed a remaster immediately after deleting the contents of the '/root/.local/share/gvfs-metadata/' directory as you (Marv) suggested - went perfectly, for I believe the first time ever - with no odd behavior/blinking background/gvfs process runaway. Cool! 8)

Bob

kiramm

#211 Post by kiramm »

somwhere i saw new xthar carolina? in mac look cant fin it now ''but for this idea would fit probabblyu bbbest this
unfotunately chrismas is already over for such presents;))

experta think its well workig safe buy?

http://www.molo-electronics.com/product/Pro37.Html
Attachments
13-2017-01-07-02-12-03a.jpg
(135.62 KiB) Downloaded 1793 times

jss83

#212 Post by jss83 »

I downloaded and installed this yesterday, it works great, the only problem I am facing is the clock is not syncing, I have the correct time region selected. :?

Pelo

MY x-tahr from Italia not found in the forum

#213 Post by Pelo »

"Shutdown from whisker or from right click execute the same script, /usr/bin/wmpoweroff. If only the panel is killed it sounds like you somehow have the original tahr (or maybe Studio 1337?) shutdown script. Line 48-51 should be commented out."
/puppy_X-Upup_17.05.sfs italian version does not shutdown well. Scripts stopped by errors.
It seems that shutdown by right click on desktop would get x-upup tahr 6.0.2 shutdown well. I am trying to retrieve the Puppy builder, he is not part of italian Puppy.org..
Feed back soon, and i will inform how to make shutdown working properly.
:? right click, shutdown crashes
siklopz feed back same for me.
Attachments
benvenuto.png
benvenuto, how to say good bye ?
(56.36 KiB) Downloaded 1267 times

amigodetux

X-Tahr-2.0 with XFCE is GREAT!

#215 Post by amigodetux »

Congratulations. I have tested many software and runs well :) , for example:

Libre Office (and running macros without problems), Calibre, Paint, Krita, Wine (Soulseek, Ares), Amule, Thunderbird, VLC, and many others, of course your personal save file will grow but compensate in functionality.
Light, works well, but don´t like to much.

I have used JWM, XFCE, GNOME, KDE, under Ubuntu, and like a final user for day a day simple computer task, I say that XFCE is the best desktop for Puppy Linux, and should be the default one. JWM is minimalistic and functional, but.. although old computers working today, support XFCE, low consumption of resources and friendly for those who like simplicity and a personalized look.

Well, I hope having X-Tahr for a long long time with its kernel upgrade and 64bits version to respond the changes of the time ;)

Thanks a lot for make possible Linux for those who cannot buy a new compu or wants to explore new horizons beyond the windows.

Greatings from Guatemala

johnywhy

#216 Post by johnywhy »

i think i've found my dream puppy.

has nearly everything i want (well-implemented xfce, stability, speed),

and few things i don't want (LibreOffice and other bulk).

Best puppy!

thx!!!
[b]Now[/b]: X-Tahr 2.0! StretchDog! DevuanDog!
[b]Tops[/b]: TarhNOP Vlina-R2 Racy
[b]Used[/b]: Puppeee Precise Lucid Wary Tahrpup Quirky Slacko MacPup Saluki Puppy Studio LxPupTarh Lina-Lite Lina
[i]i ♥ Puppy[/i]

kiramm

#217 Post by kiramm »

i also think is a dreammmm puppy had used already the beta version and i tried manyyyy pups
its xcfe built in has some talents more i observed than the xcfe pet for thar 6.0
one example: has also exclusive acces to great geofrey 200? adrive sfs :))

just suspend not work:(((
i tried this on my x thar 2.0 which i start every time with dvd but have save file on hd but pet installed . frost -m comand suspends for 2 sec then all back
is there an other solution possible?

pleaseeeee i need laptop all day on but not with ventilator sound:(
on slacko 64 suspend worked bbbest

maybe is somewhere a update where suspend will work?:)?

hamoudoudou

Spring flavour Chloe really nice.. try it ! No bugs, green c

#218 Post by hamoudoudou »

Spring flavour Chloe really nice.. try it ! No bugs, green coloured.
it is not professionnal, not business, just done for Pleasure.. I like it. I am fond of it..

ITSMERSH

#219 Post by ITSMERSH »

Hi.

I'm asking this on all XFCE Puppy topics, sorry for bothering...

Probably you can give me some help?

I need some advice on how to add right click actions to a XFCE Puppy. As far as I could examine they are defined in file:

/root/.config/Thunar/uca.xml

Is this file created/edited manually or automatic by a script?

I'm asking because of its <unique-id>1422185653060257-1</unique-id> definitions.

How are they created?
Are they necessary?

How to add right-click actions within a running XFCE Puppy?

Thanks

rg66

#220 Post by rg66 »

ITSMERSH wrote:
How to add right-click actions within a running XFCE Puppy?

Thanks
Open Thunar > Edit > Configure custom actions > Add.

You can highlight any and click edit to see how they are configured. Don't forget to configure appearance/conditions tab.