Talk to me about Legacy OS

For talk and support relating specifically to Puppy derivatives
john biles

Talk to me about Legacy OS

#1 Post by john biles »

Hello To those using Legacy OS 2017.

There are now 100 extra Applications available to download. More are being added all the time.

All Applications were tested to confirm they work.

A number of these Applications required extra system files to be added before they would work, If you find installing an application causes another to stop working or it fails to start, please let me know here.

If you have a question or know of an old Application not included that may run in Legacy OS, please let me know here.

Don't want to join this forum to comment please visit https://www.facebook.com/LegacyOSLinux/

Please be aware Legacy OS doesn't generate any income meaning I have to go to work to feed my family. This means it may take a couple days for me to answer any questions you may have or provide a bug fix.
Last edited by john biles on Fri 06 Apr 2018, 03:37, edited 2 times in total.
Legacy OS 2017 has been released.

bigpup

#2 Post by bigpup »

The things they do not tell you, are usually the clue to solving the problem.
When I was a kid I wanted to be older.... This is not what I expected :shock:
YaPI(any iso installer)

john biles

#3 Post by john biles »

Hello Everyone,
Open Source Applications like Seamonkey Web Browser are available not just for Linux but also for Windows as well. Through the power of Wine, you can now install the 2018 Windows version of Seamonkey Web Browser for use in Legacy OS 2017 and integrate it into the Applications Menu just like a native Linux application. Its been a while since any Linux version of Seamonkey has worked in Legacy OS.

For Seamonkey to work you need to first install Wine-2017.tar.gz then install Seamonkey.exe and finally install Seamonkey-Windows-Version-Menu.tar.gz

Always read "How To's" they are there to help you if Seamonkey doesn't work.
Attachments
Windows version of Seamonkey 2.49.2 intergrated into Applications Menu.png
(38.78 KiB) Downloaded 684 times

john biles

#4 Post by john biles »

Extra Applications including 87 Games now at 125 available to download and install.

john biles

#5 Post by john biles »

Extra Applications now at 135 available to download and "One Click" install.

fishmanluvslinux

Legacy OS

#6 Post by fishmanluvslinux »

I am new to Legacy OS. I am currently downloading it and am going to attempt to install it on a Toshiba Satellite Pro 6100 laptop. I have upgraded the RAM from 256 mb to 1gb. I just installed a brand new HDD 60 Gb as to avoid crashed and so forth. I shall keep you updated as the adventure pans out. This is a personal project not my main machine. 8)

darry19662018

Re: Legacy OS

#7 Post by darry19662018 »

fishmanluvslinux wrote:I am new to Legacy OS. I am currently downloading it and am going to attempt to install it on a Toshiba Satellite Pro 6100 laptop. I have upgraded the RAM from 256 mb to 1gb. I just installed a brand new HDD 60 Gb as to avoid crashed and so forth. I shall keep you updated as the adventure pans out. This is a personal project not my main machine. 8)
Hey Fishman nice to know you're still around I've been to your channel before years ago. Sad about old Spatry I miss seeing his videos.

fishmanluvslinux

Legacy OS

#8 Post by fishmanluvslinux »

Thanks for the query. I tried to boot Legacy OS and it wouldn't even boot. Just my luck as I am looking for a puppy that will work with my wireless dongle. Xenialpup didn't recognize my mouse or track point LOL! As to the darry's inquiry, I don't make videos hardly as there is nothing that I am finding that is worth the time to tape. I will look at other puppy's, sorry that this one didn't work out guys.