Frisbee Network Manager 1.4.9

Configuration wizards, scanners, remote desktop, etc.
tallboy

#21 Post by tallboy »

Hi Richard.
I would like to try Frisbee in my LupuPlus 5.2.8.005-1, which I run from a live CD. Do I have to remove some of the components in WvDial, or other network components?

tallboy
True freedom is a live Puppy on a multisession CD/DVD.

peebee

Re: Frisbee-1.4.3 uploaded

#22 Post by peebee »

rerwin wrote:
peebee wrote:Which pets do I need to load to test the new Frisbee in a recent woof-ce build?
Frisbee 1.4.3 is backward compatible, so it can be tested alone. The only behavioral change is that it kills dhcpcd when frisbee mode is disabled. That happens when you stop using frisbee and switch to another network manager.

However, eventually I will need you to test with my new "network_connect_update" package, as I plan to enter it into woofCE. I suggest testing it both ways.
Richard
Hi Richard

I was hoping that you would point me explicitly at the pets I should load.....I find all the various pets very confusing I'm afraid....I'm sure you know what needs to be done but I need some guidance....

Thanks
ImageLxPup = Puppy + LXDE
Main version used daily: LxPupSc; Assembler of UPups, ScPup & ScPup64, LxPup, LxPupSc & LxPupSc64

rerwin

#23 Post by rerwin »

peebee,
Only network_connect_update-20170418.pet in the Network thread of that name. The other packages there are for specific types of pup.

rerwin

#24 Post by rerwin »

tallboy wrote:I would like to try Frisbee in my LupuPlus 5.2.8.005-1, which I run from a live CD. Do I have to remove some of the components in WvDial, or other network components?
You don't need to remove anything. But you would need to add files gettext.sh and envsubst and package gtkdialog-racy_lucid-0.8.4r514. To avoid having to update the connectwizard, just make frisbee the default browser and/or edit /usr/share/applications/frisbee.desktop:
Change NoDisplay=true to NoDisplay=false to add frisbee to the Network menu.
(You also need to create /tmp/.frisbee if you test frisbee before rebooting after installation.)

I just now tried frisbee-1.4.3 with the two files, but know that the gtkdialog version is a dependency. There may be other issues. I suggest that you upgrade to lupu 5.2.8.7.

An alternative approach would be to try the last Frisbee "beta", in the "Frisbee Network Manager - Beta 2" thread. I could send you Frisbee-beta-4.pet, the last beta, if you go that route. But that could get to be a "can of worms". I wouldn't risk it.
Richard

peebee

#25 Post by peebee »

Hi Richard

Seems to work OK - did a few wifi swaps between sns and frisbee and they worked as expected.....woof-ce update?

Thanks
peebee
Attachments
Screenshot.png
(152.72 KiB) Downloaded 674 times
Main version used daily: LxPupSc; Assembler of UPups, ScPup & ScPup64, LxPup, LxPupSc & LxPupSc64

rerwin

#26 Post by rerwin »

peebee,
Thanks for running the tests. I am starting on the woofCE submission, now.
R

tallboy

#27 Post by tallboy »

Thank you, Richard.
I think I'll wait until I upgrade my Puppy, my present setup works OK. (sort of)
tallboy
True freedom is a live Puppy on a multisession CD/DVD.

rerwin

#28 Post by rerwin »

A new version is uploaded to the first message:
http://www.murga-linux.com/puppy/viewto ... 858#883858

It is compatible with both the connect_update and network_connect_update packages, and is required for the latter.

rerwin

#29 Post by rerwin »

A new version (1.4.5) is uploaded to the first message:
http://www.murga-linux.com/puppy/viewto ... 858#883858

It adds the ability to use WiFi channels 12-14 where legal. Although it remains compatible with both the connect_update and network_connect_update packages, and is required for the latter, the capability is available only if network_connect_update-20170612 and quicksetup-20170612 (or later) are installed. See the 6/15/2017 update in the first message of this thread.

zagreb999

xenialdog-frisbee-i386-deb

#30 Post by zagreb999 »

COMPLIMENTS rerwin!

IF YOU HAVE A TIME, CAN YOU SEE WHY THIS
FRISBEE CAN NOT AUTOMATICALLY RECONNECT?
REGARDS.

https://ulozto.net/!8cozr1hMoGKJ/xenial ... e-i386-deb

rerwin

#31 Post by rerwin »

zagreb999,
Sorry for not replying sooner. I just now discovered your posting.

I have not been following the evolution of the "dogs", so am unable to diagnose its problems with frisbee. I am reluctant to get into supporting that version of frisbee, which I suspect is modified by the xenialdog developer.

I am willing to work with him if he cares to. But we have not communicated for a very long time about keeping frisbee working in the dogs.
Richard

zagreb999

frisbee in debiandog project

#32 Post by zagreb999 »

compliments rerwin,

debian dog and stretchdog are
the best projects in linux
and puppy linux world.
------------------------------------

you are invited gently to collaborate
with us.

best regards.

Pelo

Frisbee pas de soucis. Version 1.4.6 provided with Shiba Inu

#33 Post by Pelo »

Frisbee pas de soucis. Version 1.4.6 provided with Shiba Inu 64 (Puppy on test bench for Josejp2424).
Attachments
frisbee.jpg
Wireless easily connected
(88.42 KiB) Downloaded 1054 times
Last edited by Pelo on Wed 20 Sep 2017, 08:15, edited 1 time in total.

Pelo

Slacko 64 bits has version 1.4.2. Topic on translation

#34 Post by Pelo »

Slacko 64 bits has version 1.4.2. Topic on translation. What 1.4.6 would offer more...

rerwin

#35 Post by rerwin »

I have updated frisbee to 1.4.7, to make it compatible with Barry's EasyOS and quirky, which use kernel 4.14. That combination -- or maybe just the kernel version -- appears to cause ethernet/wifi-interface modules to require many seconds to become ready to use. Frisbee will now wait up to 30 seconds (total) for such interfaces to initialize. This may cause installations with only wired interfaces to wait 30 seconds before connecting during boot-up.

This version also corrects handling of connections and disconnections where multiple ethernet/wifi interfaces are installed. When using the network tray icon menu to disconnect, the first try will disconnect only the active wifi connection, if any. If there is no wifi interface or if a second disconnect is attempted, all remaining ethernet interfaces will be disconnected.
Richard

peebee

#36 Post by peebee »

The Xdialog input functions in func as currently implemented mean that both user input and any system error messages are captured.
The pull request:
https://github.com/puppylinux-woof-CE/w ... 7e5229bde6
ensures that only user input is captured.

rerwin

#37 Post by rerwin »

Thanks, peebee. Corrected in frisbee-1.4.8.

BarryK
Puppy Master

#38 Post by BarryK »

Any changes needed to EasyOS 0.8.1, to work with Frisbee 1.4.8?

http://murga-linux.com/puppy/viewtopic. ... 430#985430
[url]https://bkhome.org/news/[/url]

zagreb999

frisbee-mobile broadband

#39 Post by zagreb999 »

MR. RICHARD
-----------------------
frisbee-mobile broadband- DOES IT WORK...

ALSO IN DEBIANDOG...

THANKS

rerwin

#40 Post by rerwin »

BarryK wrote:Any changes needed to EasyOS 0.8.1, to work with Frisbee 1.4.8?
No. My recent changes were to accommodate the revised interface to frisbee as of version 1.4.
zagreb999 wrote:frisbee-mobile broadband- DOES IT WORK...
It should. I have not received any complaints about it. The implementation is similar to that of pgprs-2.x
ALSO IN DEBIANDOG...
I have not tried it in the "dogs" since the first implementation years ago. When I attempted converting 1.4.x to the .deb form, I ran into trouble and went no further. Other changes to the dogs will be necessary, similar to the ones I submitted for Easy/Quirky. I would like to see that done, but need to work with the developer or another "dogger" to make sure I do it right.

Richard