Puppy Linux Discussion Forum Forum Index Puppy Linux Discussion Forum
Puppy HOME page : puppylinux.com
"THE" alternative forum : puppylinux.info
 
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

The time now is Fri 25 May 2018, 01:29
All times are UTC - 4
 Forum index » Advanced Topics » Additional Software (PETs, n' stuff) » Browsers and Internet
mega.nz: 50 free gigs of cloud-syncable storage
Post new topic   Reply to topic View previous topic :: View next topic
Page 3 of 3 [41 Posts]   Goto page: Previous 1, 2, 3
Author Message
Puppus Dogfellow


Joined: 07 Jan 2013
Posts: 1549
Location: nyc

PostPosted: Wed 09 Mar 2016, 12:53    Post subject: megasync-Debian_7.0_amd64.deb works in Slacko64 6.3.0
Subject description: 32 bit package is untested
 

megasync-Debian_7.0_amd64.deb
megasync-Debian_7.0_i386.deb

megasync-Debian_7.0_amd64.deb works in in Slacko64 6.3.0. i'm not sure if it needs any dependencies as i'm not on a vanilla install, but i uploaded the slackware-listed deps (c-ares and cryptopp ) i didn't need.

the 32 bit package for slackware is apparently based on the above i386.deb.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message 
Puppus Dogfellow


Joined: 07 Jan 2013
Posts: 1549
Location: nyc

PostPosted: Thu 10 Mar 2016, 22:43    Post subject:  

Puppus Dogfellow wrote:
megasync-precise.tar.gz

https://mega.nz/

files in compressed folder:

megasync-xUbuntu_12.04_i386.deb
libc-ares2_1.10.0-2_i386.deb
libicu48_4.8.1.1-3ubuntu0.1_i386.deb



so far only tested in Precise 5.5, Precise 5.7.1, and ~572. other distros may not need the two dependencies.

edit: also works in Tahr Pup.


with the two dependencies, the above also works in unicorn pup (the 14.10/unicorn.deb from mega didn't).
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message 
Pelo

Joined: 10 Sep 2011
Posts: 12591
Location: Mer méditerrannée (1 kms°)

PostPosted: Tue 15 Mar 2016, 13:44    Post subject: precise-Upup383CsDos 445Mb stored there
Subject description: Hungarian store their remasterised Puppy collection at mega.nz
 

precise-Upup383CsDos…4NovV2.iso downloading from Mega.nz 617KB/second
I was proposed as alternative to transfer to my cloud Drive. Not tried

_________________
Passenger Pelo ! don't ask him to repair the aircraft. Don't use him as a demining dog .... pleeease.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Yahoo Messenger 
Puppus Dogfellow


Joined: 07 Jan 2013
Posts: 1549
Location: nyc

PostPosted: Tue 17 May 2016, 01:32    Post subject:  

Puppus Dogfellow wrote:
Puppus Dogfellow wrote:
megasync-precise.tar.gz

https://mega.nz/

files in compressed folder:

megasync-xUbuntu_12.04_i386.deb
libc-ares2_1.10.0-2_i386.deb
libicu48_4.8.1.1-3ubuntu0.1_i386.deb



so far only tested in Precise 5.5, Precise 5.7.1, and ~572. other distros may not need the two dependencies.

edit: also works in Tahr Pup.


with the two dependencies, the above also works in unicorn pup (the 14.10/unicorn.deb from mega didn't).


package also works in Xenialpup (the 16/Xenial version didn't), but i think i may have included it two or three times in the original (as compressed, unpacked, and possibly also as a pet), so here's a version that's more streamlined (it's also an unpack and click (aside from the three okays you need to click) install).
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message 
nilsonmorales


Joined: 15 Apr 2011
Posts: 939
Location: El Salvador

PostPosted: Tue 17 May 2016, 13:47    Post subject:  

Did you try megatools?
http://repo.gentoo-es.com/PuppyLinux-repositorios/Pupjibaro/3.2.48/megatools-1.9.97.pet
https://megatools.megous.com/

_________________
My blog | | Github


Back to top
View user's profile Send private message 
Puppus Dogfellow


Joined: 07 Jan 2013
Posts: 1549
Location: nyc

PostPosted: Wed 18 May 2016, 12:22    Post subject:  

nilsonmorales wrote:
Did you try megatools?
http://repo.gentoo-es.com/PuppyLinux-repositorios/Pupjibaro/3.2.48/megatools-1.9.97.pet
https://megatools.megous.com/


haven't tried it yet but it looks cool.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message 
Puppus Dogfellow


Joined: 07 Jan 2013
Posts: 1549
Location: nyc

PostPosted: Sun 31 Jul 2016, 19:50    Post subject:  

megatahr64.sfs
megatahr64.pet
megatahr64.tar.xz

versions for tahr64 contain/are made from: libc-ares2_1.7.5-1_amd64.deb, libcrypto++9_5.6.1-5build1_amd64.deb, and megasync-xUbuntu_14.04_amd64.deb.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message 
Pelo

Joined: 10 Sep 2011
Posts: 12591
Location: Mer méditerrannée (1 kms°)

PostPosted: Tue 08 Nov 2016, 04:43    Post subject: megatools pet provided by Nilson Morales dowloading.  

megatools pet provided by Nilson Morales downloading.

In fact i was searching a topic about Google Drive. There are none, are they ? ISO stored on Google Drive can be linked between accounts. PRER iso is now down-loadable from my account too, thanks to the link.
I don't know if that information has some interest for you. Info is given.
I did not know where to post it. I don't want to create a topic Google Drive myself, because i will hardly answer questions about it.
Ninotix account shared

_________________
Passenger Pelo ! don't ask him to repair the aircraft. Don't use him as a demining dog .... pleeease.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Yahoo Messenger 
Puppus Dogfellow


Joined: 07 Jan 2013
Posts: 1549
Location: nyc

PostPosted: Fri 06 Jan 2017, 18:55    Post subject: tahr and xenial 64 bit megasync failure
Subject description: also some repo matter
 

Pelo wrote:
megatools pet provided by Nilson Morales downloading.

In fact i was searching a topic about Google Drive. There are none, are they ? ISO stored on Google Drive can be linked between accounts. PRER iso is now down-loadable from my account too, thanks to the link.
I don't know if that information has some interest for you. Info is given.
I did not know where to post it. I don't want to create a topic Google Drive myself, because i will hardly answer questions about it.
Ninotix account shared




if you choose to publicly mirror a file on your google drive, it will be available to others even if the original is deleted, but i believe it counts towards your quota if you do so (this is based on the fact i've mirrored links deleted by the original user this way, and have myself received the message "still available to others" when i delete stuff; it's not based on any documentation i've read anywhere. it's also only my guess as to what you're talking about, though now i think you were just offering a tip?).

somewhat related to this, early on when i first started my repo, i got a request to stop sharing stuff from someone who was in all ways unknown to me--i'm not sure what he was talking about, but there may be some overly convenient way to add bits of other people's Google Drive to your own (i ignored the email and regard the problem as having taken care of itself).

so to maybe get a bit more back on topic, megasync in 64 bit tahr and xenial isn't working out for me as well as i'd hoped, but when i link back to this thread (should a decent solution present itself), i could quote the bonus bits (should they come to be) as possibly useful info relating to Google Drive based repos/cloud work (to take it back off topic, or on topic to your off topic).



that's about all i know about it. any tips for consolidating redundant links? (i know they're out there--meant to click the link containing the info last time i came across it but i started yawning too much--not sure why).

so, do you happen to have a version of megasync consistently working in xenial or tahr 64 bit? i failed one for one in xenial64 (different packages/combos than above so never offered (many failures, one installation)) and had initial success in tahr 64 but can't replicate it--fails for me utterly now. not sure what was done differently...change in order of unrelated packages broke something maybe?


anyway,

Puppus Dogfellow wrote:
megatahr64.sfs
megatahr64.pet
megatahr64.tar.xz

versions for tahr64 contain/are made from: libc-ares2_1.7.5-1_amd64.deb, libcrypto++9_5.6.1-5build1_amd64.deb, and megasync-xUbuntu_14.04_amd64.deb.


may not work in your tahr64 installation. and if you've got a google drive, you needn't download first and then upload to add stuff from another's to your own (i think the option's an upper right hand pull-down menu item--add to drive).
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message 
Puppus Dogfellow


Joined: 07 Jan 2013
Posts: 1549
Location: nyc

PostPosted: Sun 11 Mar 2018, 18:05    Post subject: tahr64 package works in Xenialpup64 CE 7.5 (failed in an
Subject description: earlier xenial64); 32 bit version worked in earlier xenial, untried in 7.5.
 

Puppus Dogfellow wrote:

[...]
do you happen to have a version of megasync consistently working in xenial or tahr 64 bit? i failed one for one in xenial64 (different packages/combos than above so never offered (many failures, one installation)) and had initial success in tahr 64 but can't replicate it--fails for me utterly now. not sure what was done differently...change in order of unrelated packages broke something maybe?


anyway,

Puppus Dogfellow wrote:
megatahr64.sfs
megatahr64.pet
megatahr64.tar.xz

versions for tahr64 contain/are made from: libc-ares2_1.7.5-1_amd64.deb, libcrypto++9_5.6.1-5build1_amd64.deb, and megasync-xUbuntu_14.04_amd64.deb.


may not work in your tahr64 installation.[...].


works for me two for two (same system, two installations) in xenialpup64 7.5.

a new round of tahr64 installations was four for four (three systems), but i've since done something to a 2006 gateway desktop that's killed both megasync and recoll for me (both give zlib__ missing symbol errors (or something similar) that i can't find fixes or packages for).

so more success this time: megatahr64.pet appears to work without issue in Xenialpup64. 7.5, and there's a good shot that will also be the case in tahrpup64. (though only tried it so far the older tahr64 605).

a tip (and why i thought one earlier installation was broken when it wasn't)--don't lose your password. resetting it gets you back into your account, but you can't decrypt the data that was already there; you only get back the old account less by the amount of space/storage you can't access/read--it's like virtual brain damage or something.

from http://www.zdnet.com/article/mega-responds-to-security-concerns-implements-password-changes/:
Quote:

Mega confirmed that users currently have no means to change their password , quoting Ars Technica, which previously said that "Losing [your password] means you don't just lose the ability to log on to the service — you lose the ability to decrypt your files, period."

To address this, Mega stated that it would implement a password change feature that will "re-encrypt the master key with your new password," as well as implement a password reset mechanism.

The reset mechanism is purely to allow the user to log back into their account, but it will not allow users to read their existing files, as those would have been encrypted using their previous key. That isn't a problem if the files were encrypted using pre-exported keys, or if the files were shared with others with a specific shared key, but other than that, files will not be accessible without the original key.


so, fifty free gigs of relatively quick cloud storage, don't lose your password, may not work on haunted setups (that gateway's always developing problems or healing itself it seems, and identical setups don't always behave the same on it, but it's my oldest test mule and still a useful machine (main machine for the family/it's in the den and otherwise working well)).
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message 
Puppus Dogfellow


Joined: 07 Jan 2013
Posts: 1549
Location: nyc

PostPosted: Tue 20 Mar 2018, 19:15    Post subject: Re: tahr64 package works in Xenialpup64 CE 7.5 (failed in an
Subject description: earlier xenial64); 32 bit version worked in earlier xenial, untried in 7.5.
 

Puppus Dogfellow wrote:
Puppus Dogfellow wrote:

[...]
do you happen to have a version of megasync consistently working in xenial or tahr 64 bit? i failed one for one in xenial64 (different packages/combos than above so never offered (many failures, one installation)) and had initial success in tahr 64 but can't replicate it--fails for me utterly now. not sure what was done differently...change in order of unrelated packages broke something maybe?


anyway,

Puppus Dogfellow wrote:
megatahr64.sfs
megatahr64.pet
megatahr64.tar.xz

versions for tahr64 contain/are made from: libc-ares2_1.7.5-1_amd64.deb, libcrypto++9_5.6.1-5build1_amd64.deb, and megasync-xUbuntu_14.04_amd64.deb.


may not work in your tahr64 installation.[...].


works for me two for two (same system, two installations) in xenialpup64 7.5.

a new round of tahr64 installations was four for four (three systems), but i've since done something to a 2006 gateway desktop that's killed both megasync and recoll for me (both give zlib__ missing symbol errors (or something similar) that i can't find fixes or packages for).

so more success this time: megatahr64.pet appears to work without issue in Xenialpup64. 7.5, and there's a good shot that will also be the case in tahrpup64. (though only tried it so far the older tahr64 605).

a tip (and why i thought one earlier installation was broken when it wasn't)--don't lose your password. resetting it gets you back into your account, but you can't decrypt the data that was already there; you only get back the old account less by the amount of space/storage you can't access/read--it's like virtual brain damage or something.

from http://www.zdnet.com/article/mega-responds-to-security-concerns-implements-password-changes/:
Quote:

Mega confirmed that users currently have no means to change their password , quoting Ars Technica, which previously said that "Losing [your password] means you don't just lose the ability to log on to the service — you lose the ability to decrypt your files, period."

To address this, Mega stated that it would implement a password change feature that will "re-encrypt the master key with your new password," as well as implement a password reset mechanism.

The reset mechanism is purely to allow the user to log back into their account, but it will not allow users to read their existing files, as those would have been encrypted using their previous key. That isn't a problem if the files were encrypted using pre-exported keys, or if the files were shared with others with a specific shared key, but other than that, files will not be accessible without the original key.


so, fifty free gigs of relatively quick cloud storage, don't lose your password, may not work on haunted setups (that gateway's always developing problems or healing itself it seems, and identical setups don't always behave the same on it, but it's my oldest test mule and still a useful machine (main machine for the family/it's in the den and otherwise working well)).


the following wine package worked in the machine that was giving me problems:

MEGAsyncSetup.exe

not preferable, but works well enough (large, somewhat annoying popup replaces the out of the way tray icon, and you have to use wine--i used an older (191) 32 bit sfs and the 32bit lib comp pack--don't notice much of a dip in performance as those sfses have been loaded for months. the download (8 gb account) went smoothly, and so far no problems with subsequent syncs. if you already use wine, it's not a bad last resort).
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message 
Display posts from previous:   Sort by:   
Page 3 of 3 [41 Posts]   Goto page: Previous 1, 2, 3
Post new topic   Reply to topic View previous topic :: View next topic
 Forum index » Advanced Topics » Additional Software (PETs, n' stuff) » Browsers and Internet
Jump to:  

You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum
You cannot attach files in this forum
You can download files in this forum


Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group
[ Time: 0.0621s ][ Queries: 13 (0.0089s) ][ GZIP on ]