How to use my Huawei E398 modem?

pentium4

How to use my Huawei E398 modem?

#1 Post by pentium4 »

hi there

I have LTE modem HUAWEI E398. XenialPup 7.5 32bit does not detect it.
how to activate this modem. I am using XenialPup as bootable usb drive.
thanks

Fossil

#2 Post by Fossil »

Hi, pentium4. Welcome to the forum. The LTE modem HUAWEI E398 is a 4G 'dongle' wifi? I wonder how many people on this forum will be familiar with it? Setting up these devices 'can' be something of a challenge.
I'm using a Huawei E3533 which is also Linux compatible, complete with a browser interface. Using 'Frisbee', in Tahr 6.05, Puppy's network wizards: once the device is plugged in it is immediately recognized. Otherwise, typing http://192.168.8.1 into the browser starts the information screen. This may or may not work for the more advanced E398. That's all I can offer.

It would help if you could post the specs of your computer; just make, model, processor, hard drive, etc. Someone else might be able to offer more specific help.

Ananda98

Huawei E398

#3 Post by Ananda98 »

Hi pentium4. Welcome to this forum. Do you use Pentium 4 (like me too)?

I also use USB modem to get online. I use Prolink PHS600.
I also think that getting online with USB modem is challenging. But, it is more easier to set up USB modem in Puppy rather than in M**nt I think.

I use Puppy Linux 4.3. Yes, it is old. Take note please, some of new Puppy Linux has usbmodeswitch feature. It will automatically detect your USB modem as a modem (not as a CD drive). After that, it will show wizard to set up your USB modem. Just follow it, and you will get online.

If yours is same like mine (old Puppy version), you will have a little bit long journey to make it works. But don't worry, because it is more easier than in M**nt.

Mercedes350se

#4 Post by Mercedes350se »