Is @RSH still around?

Puppy related raves and general interest that doesn't fit anywhere else
Uten

Is @RSH still around?

#1 Post by Uten »

:?: Anyone know if @RSH is still around and if he maintains LazY pup?

I looked in the members list and it seems like his last post was late 2014?

I'm particularly interested in his methods and scripts for applications by associate them with sfs's and automatically downloading / mounting / launch. This was used by his puppy derivative LazY pup, if I recall right. If the scripts are in a thread and you know witch, please provide a link.

PM me if your information is not to be public.

tc
Uten

s243a

#2 Post by s243a »

Mike Walsh

#3 Post by Mike Walsh »

@ Uten:-

I think you mean LazY Puppy. (Profile here).

Last post was back in October last year though, so.....perhaps he's moved on..?

Mike. :wink:
Last edited by Mike Walsh on Tue 01 May 2018, 19:11, edited 1 time in total.

Uten

#4 Post by Uten »

Thanks Mike.

Think it's the same person. Look at the signature and avatar img.
http://murga-linux.com/puppy/viewtopic. ... 838#812838
http://www.murga-linux.com/puppy/profil ... le&u=34614

@s243a: A search for T.O.P.L.S.S did not return anything. Do you have a link?
Edit: You did provide the link :roll: Ned new glasses 8)
tc
Uten

Mike Walsh

#5 Post by Mike Walsh »

@ Uten:-

I suspect RSH may have moved on. like I said. I know he was getting a shed-load of crap off certain members in the Off-topic forum last year, due to his nationality and certain things that have recently been taking place in his country of birth. One or two individuals kinda went out of their way to pick holes in literally everything he said...

Most of us'll only put up with so much of that sort of thing.....yet there are those with skin like a rhino's. Anything like that is like water off a duck's back as far as they're concerned; it doesn't even register. I don't think that describes RSH/Lazy, though...

(*shrug*)

Uten

#6 Post by Uten »

Thanks @s243a
T.O.P.L.E.S.S looks promising.

Uten

#7 Post by Uten »

Sorry to hear that Mike.

I newer bothered to learn perl back in the days due to some mail list members harassing everyone that was not native English speakers/writers.

But, as you can see from my backlog, I'm not a frequent user of the forum anymore. Happy to say it is not due to disagreements with other forum users.

tc
Uten

smokey01

#8 Post by smokey01 »

Posted on behalf of RSH.

Hi.

It's me, RSH, LazY Puppy.

After a password change on my LazY Puppy account I am somehow locked out of the forum. Though, I'm watching/reading the forum frequentially several days a week.

I'd tried to create a new account, though this failed, as I never received the confirmation mail to activate the account.

Requesting a new password for my old RSH account (Flash mentioned it is still active!) didn't work either, as I never received a mail to that request.

My girlfriend tried to create an account also, but also did never receive the confirmation mail to activate the account.

So, there's definitely something wrong on creating accounts / requesting passwords in Germany - at least at the location where I use to live.

It's a pity since I'm working on a re-write of T.O.P.L.E.S.S. which is called N.E.M.E.S.I.S. that is completely independent from all that LazY Puppy stuff, which made the use of T.O.P.L.E.S.S. somehow un-successful or too hard for others to use.

I need an account. If anyone could be that kind to create one (using a new e-mail account to be deleted afterwards) for me and to send the password to the-alternate-ego-of-rsh@web.de, that would be nice/fine?

Thanks

RSH

rockedge

#9 Post by rockedge »

I can help...I can make a email account on my server which can be used to create an account. Just tell me when and where and it is done.

would you like me to create the murga forum account also or do you just want the email address with web access and the password for the email account?

rockedge

#10 Post by rockedge »

I sent the details of the created account to the email address indicated above.... let me know how it goes....

Mike Walsh

#11 Post by Mike Walsh »

Nice one, rockedge.

I've had two attempts at creating a forum a/c, but every time the 'confirmation' e-mail always goes 'MIA'.

I seem to recall previous discussions along these lines, about how forum a/c creation seems to work with some e-mail providers but not others... I don't think there ever was a final consensus of opinion on the matter..!

As long as LazY can get back into the forum, that's the main thing.

ITSMERSH

#12 Post by ITSMERSH »

Wow, that's cool.

This has had worked without any problems - though, first I had to learn how to setup and to use an email client application. Never setup/used one before! ;)

Thanks to smokey01 for doing a post of mine.

Thanks to rockedge for creating the email account that made me able to create a new account on the forum.

@rockedge: since I'm not going to plan to change my password ever again on this forum, I think the email account could be deleted?

Thanks for all the help and to those missing me. :)) ;)

---

I'm quite sure that there have been some users in the past few months experiencing similar issues, as I've watched lots of new users registering in the past that never ever posted anything - which didn't make any sense to me.

ITSMERSH

#13 Post by ITSMERSH »

uten wrote:I'm particularly interested in his methods and scripts for applications by associate them with sfs's and automatically downloading / mounting / launch.
I can offer what ever is needed, though let me know a bit more of the picture of what and how you want to do this e.g. automatically downloading / mounting / launch.

RSH

rockedge

#14 Post by rockedge »

I think the email account could be deleted?
you may keep the email account and use it if you wish. To be on the safe side I can leave it on my server.

I have been messing around with Flatpak on Bionic Pup 18.05 and am interested in SFS for a certain zoneminder project.

ITSMERSH

#15 Post by ITSMERSH »

rockedge wrote:
I think the email account could be deleted?
you may keep the email account and use it if you wish. To be on the safe side I can leave it on my server.
That means, you're a trusty person? :wink: :lol: Ok, to be on the safe side...
rockedge wrote:I have been messing around with Flatpak on Bionic Pup 18.05 and am interested in SFS for a certain zoneminder project.
I'd downloaded Artful Pup 11.17 (plus16) and Bionic Pup 18.05 a few days ago to make some testings on N.E.M.E.S.I.S. development (succeeded).

Though, both Artful and Bionic won't recognize my usb gprs modem. So, no internet connection available to download from package manager. I have a program that allows me to download e.g. bionic packages by running tahr puppy.

Some of these packages, e.g. flatpak_0.11.3-3_i386.deb, won't extract correctly in tahr using my X-PaDS sfs creator which doesn't seem to work in bionic.

So, lots of stuff to fix/update here...

---

I'm sure you're able to create .sfs files by yourself, am I right assuming there's some different issue on that flatpak/zoneminder projekt?

rockedge

#16 Post by rockedge »

Yes I am a trusting person..maybe optimistic....I can always delete if I have to..but that is the easy way out.....I believe in Karma and am willing to take a chance.

Zoneminder has different components: web server , mysql, php , perl and the problem is what should be in the SFS? I have created a PET that has an installation script that runs that sets permissions and creates the mysql database structure and correct user and import of the sql file.
The SFS does not run a script upon install. The Flatpak approach is more like the PET package of ZoneMinder in away that the entire LAMP can added to the app. The entire point is to make an easy way to install ZM on Puppy Linux variants.

drunkjedi

#17 Post by drunkjedi »

rockedge wrote:The SFS does not run a script upon install
Yes it does.
For normal puppy, create any script in /root/Startup folder in the sfs.
The script will run when sfs is loaded.

Unfortunately no way (atleast I don't know any way, someone please enlighten me) to run a script at sfs unload, if you wanna cleanup after...

Fatdog's sfs handler can run scripts on 4 type of events,
load/unload (when sfs is loaded/unloaded manually by user),
and system load/unload (when sfs is loaded/unloaded by system on startup/shutdown).

I have tested this when I made google chrome, opera sfs, which will provide icon on desktop when loaded, and remove the icon on unload.

Edit: It was Lazypuppy aka RSH himself who helped me with the script run when sfs is loaded.
See, http://murga-linux.com/puppy/viewtopic.php?t=97046
That neerajkolte on that thread is me.... when not drunk...
Last edited by drunkjedi on Thu 03 May 2018, 11:52, edited 1 time in total.

drunkjedi

#18 Post by drunkjedi »

Welcome back RSH.
Looking forward to your N.E.M.E.S.I.S. and things that will come after.

rockedge

#19 Post by rockedge »

Yes it does.
For normal puppy, create any script in /root/Startup folder in the sfs.
The script will run when sfs is loaded.
that is good to know! that does open a door...but the SFS removal still poses a small problem. I have successfully built a zoneminder sfs that would require an existing LAMP, LHMP or LNMP (I never tried Cherokee) to function but the removal of the SFS would be messy. The PET version works great but is huge at 263 megs and uses the existing users in Puppy Linux webuser:webgroup and adds a user "mysql" plus upgrades the existing Hiawatha from version 6 to version 10. Removal of the PET leaves all kinds of mess but I fiquired if one is installing zoneminder they mean to keep it and deleting the save file/folder is easier to start fresh.
Setting up zoneminder this way lets the existing Hiawatha - pup_pplog.pl (personal blog) still function as expected.

Still that I can get a install script to run automatically by placing it in the SFS's Startup directory is some really good information.

drunkjedi

#20 Post by drunkjedi »

You could try load_sfs script from Fatdog.

And make cleanup script to be run when sfs is unloaded.

Attaching latest sfs_load script from Fatog721. Remove the fake gz extension.

Hope this help.
Attachments
load_sfs.sh.gz
Remove the fake .gz extension.
(11.89 KiB) Downloaded 138 times