New "Mean Puppy" released ...

News, happenings
MU

#21 Post by MU »

Hi EZ, I attach them. They are from Puppy 2.10 and should work.
Please run your program from the comandline to see, if it needs more.

Mark
Attachments
some-xlibs.tar.gz
(20.84 KiB) Downloaded 498 times

raffy

MeanPup

#22 Post by raffy »

When will a new MeanPup with the murgaLua suite be available? It will be good to have a small database implementation there, too.

JohnMurga
Site Admin

#23 Post by JohnMurga »

I have done some experiments to create a new MeanPuppy, however, so far the old one works better than any of my experiments.

I am keeping my eye on Dingo though, and when that's a little more mature it'll probably the base of the variant.

I am focusing more on the next release of murgaLua

Cheers
JohnM

EZ4arabs

#24 Post by EZ4arabs »

Hello my good friend MU
Thank you very much for taking the time to help me.
I managed to repartition the HDD using parted CLI which is the way I always wanted it to be done not using GUI apps for everything I need it to be done.
However I'm was a problem repartitioning the flash drive,so I guess I still have a long way to go before I totally use CLI.
Thanks to you and your site [dotpups.de] there was a library file missing [ libreadline.so.5 ] and as indicated in the Gparted
package that it needs gtkmm which I got it form dotpups.de [gtkmm-2.8.8.tar.gz ] which needs
libglibmm-2.4.so.1
that I found in your dotpup Gobby 0.2.0 That i was going to install anyway.
now Gparted works thanks to you.
Thank you very much for your help my good friend.

EZ4arabs

error running installed isomaster

#25 Post by EZ4arabs »

I installed isomaster-1.1.tar.gz as suggest by Todd for those running pre-2.14
http://www.murga-linux.com/puppy/viewto ... 434#161434

I get this error:

Code: Select all

sh-3.00# isomaster
isomaster: symbol lookup error: isomaster: undefined symbol: gtk_tree_view_column_queue_resize

what this error means? I checked its dependencies and it shows it doesn't need any.

can youplease help me getting isomaster to work.
Thank You

Wishing you all a Healthy,peaceful , joyful New Year

muggins

#26 Post by muggins »

EZ4arabs,

there should be an isomaster version available to you, whatever pupversion you're running.....(within reason?). Which pupversion are you using, & what is the output, if you run from commandline, of entering isomaster ?

muggins

#27 Post by muggins »

Woops!

sh-3.00# isomaster
isomaster: symbol lookup error: isomaster: undefined symbol: gtk_tree_view_column_queue_resize
This must be the output if you run isomaster. It would still be useful to know which pupversion you're using.

mcewanw

#28 Post by mcewanw »

JohnMurga wrote:I have done some experiments to create a new MeanPuppy, however, so far the old one works better than any of my experiments.

I am keeping my eye on Dingo though, and when that's a little more mature it'll probably the base of the variant.

I am focusing more on the next release of murgaLua

Cheers
JohnM
Though it is a while since I booted it up, I still keep a copy of the original mean puppy in the grub boot menu of this machine. It is a real Puppy, whilst also being a Damn Small Linux of one somehow. I've often hoped that Mr. Murga would decide to produce another so-well-optimised Puppy, since he clearly has a knack for doing such things.

I've also noted but never used Murga Lua. Indeed, I know nothing about generic Lua (apart from what I've read) either and do wonder what the differences are. I've noticed that Murga Lua seems to be used on Damn Small Linux itself, so I've promised myself to learn more about it eventually, in the hope it will be useful for some things I want to do. Alas, my brain has gradually become riddled with holes and though I often learn something new I have the tragic ability of forgetting it all a few months later (no matter how sophisticated it all was, or how well I temporarily seemed to know it). Such is this human.

Out of curiousity, I recently checked out Mr. Murga's online CV and even the complexity of that left me speechless and in awe. Why was I born so daft?
Last edited by mcewanw on Thu 27 Dec 2007, 11:29, edited 1 time in total.

muggins

#29 Post by muggins »

mcewanw,

I know exactly how you feel! I've had getting to grips with murgaLua on my agenda for some time now. Along with re-learning the c that I've forgotten. Now some bloke has thrown a spanner in the works by adding a new thing to investigate...called, of all things, wiak!!

Back on the murgaLua front, I check out the forum every now & then, and it's been very quiet. I think everyone's waiting to see what goodies John is including in the next release...any hints John?

jonyo

Re: How

#30 Post by jonyo »

raffy wrote::) Congratulations! So how did you do it, violetdreams' or klhrevolutionist's way?
What's this about?

raffy

read

#31 Post by raffy »

Why do you (always?) have to post a question when the answer is there for your own reading/searching? :roll:
Puppy user since Oct 2004. Want FreeOffice? [url=http://puppylinux.info/topic/freeoffice-2012-sfs]Get the sfs (English only)[/url].

jonyo

Re: read

#32 Post by jonyo »

raffy wrote:Why do you (always?) have to post a question when the answer is there for your own reading/searching? :roll:
Missed the boat here.. :oops: & goofed. Always? :? You're the first to ask.. Google has been mentioned twice by one other (whom I have zero respect for..rags on a ton of others..) in which I received wonderful answers from others.

Maybe best that you just ignore my questions.
Last edited by jonyo on Fri 28 Dec 2007, 12:03, edited 2 times in total.

Lobster
Official Crustacean

Mean to return

#33 Post by Lobster »

JohnMurga wrote: I am focusing more on the next release of murgaLua
I am glad to see DSL is making good use of your language. I did a few experimental releases of Photon (Tmxxine with programming) one I released with Java SDK but it is not very good (Photon Beta that is).

MurgaLua can easily be added as a .pet to Dingo (hopefully)

I am really glad that Mean Puppy will return in the future. It was one of the leanest, fastest Puppys and used Opera to good effect. In the heat of
the moment, I thought we had lost it . . . good to hear it might well 'mean to return' 8)

http://puppylinux.org/wikka/MeanPuppy
Puppy Raspup 8.2Final 8)
Puppy Links Page http://www.smokey01.com/bruceb/puppy.html :D

cretsiah

meanpupp2.02

#34 Post by cretsiah »

Hi I happen to get the meanpup2.02 release from wolf_pup's retro multi puppy.iso aka 60's pup ...i love it but on my 1.7ghz amd cpu with 1 gig ram (yes it works and only uses around 100megs wiith opera being open) opera seems to chew up the ram in this release....otherwise it sits in around the 73meg area...73 megs oout 1000megs lol its kinda over kill hehehehe.. :twisted: however when trying to use the petget manager i couldnt download any extras properly.....was hoping to add the likes of gaim or xchat for easy access to puppy chat channel....but had to go in via mibbit.com.....
well b4 i sign off this post ram usage got up to 10% or 110megs lol....

any way its cool and thanks heaps.....i will attempt it on my not so flash 350hz intel box and see what happens....

but i am wondering about the pets / dotpups i cant seem to access ..appears to start downloading then says failure

greengeek

#35 Post by greengeek »

Hi, JohnM's link is dead - does anyone have a link to the latest meanpup? cheers!

greengeek

#36 Post by greengeek »

mcewanw wrote:Out of curiousity, I recently checked out Mr. Murga's online CV and even the complexity of that left me speechless and in awe. Why was I born so daft?
Any chance of a link? cheers

Keef

#37 Post by Keef »

You can get it (Meanpup 2.0.2) from Ally's collection at archive.org.

ally

#38 Post by ally »

tallboy

#39 Post by tallboy »

Out of curiousity, I recently checked out Mr. Murga's online CV and even the complexity of that left me speechless and in awe. Why was I born so daft?
Ditto! :shock:
I am deeply impressed!

http://www.murga.org/files/JohnMurgaCV.doc
True freedom is a live Puppy on a multisession CD/DVD.

musher0

#40 Post by musher0 »

Impressed too.

However, what impressed me more is the tone. Do all professionals in the
UK write their c.v.'s like that? I mean, there is a lot of self-gloating in there.
It looks like a "Me, Myself and I" piece.

According to some local job counselors, we should try for a one-page
c.v., maximum. with a neutral tone. The rest should be said at the interview.
Each country has its own c.v. style, I suppose.

(I also thought "Murga" was a nickname... Apologies.)

BFN.
musher0
~~~~~~~~~~
"You want it darker? We kill the flame." (L. Cohen)