what im working on today

Puppy related raves and general interest that doesn't fit anywhere else
nosystemdthanks

what im working on today

#1 Post by nosystemdthanks »

] migrating from debian to void linux

] migrating own distro from debian-based to void-based

] mkfigos now manipulates the partition in the sfs in the iso (instead of usual sfs in iso)

] new hd, contained vista, it didnt want to repartition

] good drive suspected. not interested in running diags right now

] having usb problems on main machine, suspect os

] booted 2.9 (work in progress) to ram on machine with new drive
] create partition on usb that deb machine cant write to
] copy iso over network to usb
] dd from usb to drive that doesnt want to partition
] reboot to ram, unmount
] reclaim free space with new partition
] copy image from network to new partition

] dd from new partition to usb that deb machine cant write to, somehow it works from void

] post this and then reboot to ram from new 2.9 usb on deb machine (the one that didnt want to write to usb today even after a reboot)

] oh, fastest machine wont boot from anything except hdd (dvd drive that writes dvds wont boot; usb wont boot)

] open laptops and swap the hdds

] boot 2.9 on fastest machine

] boot debian on machine with more reliable usb ports

] wonder if 3.x kernel supports nic; it does, it was hiding under eth2

] run ntpdate -s us.pool.ntp.org so browser will stop complaining that 2018 is 11 years in the future

april

#2 Post by april »

My work today?
Well its just been exacerbated by reading through a page of meaningless rubbish .

nosystemdthanks

#3 Post by nosystemdthanks »

april wrote:My work today?
Well its just been exacerbated by reading through a page of meaningless rubbish .
if you indiscriminately read things that mean nothing to you, its your own fault. theres a back button on your web browser.

i hope at least b*tching about it made you feel better. stay the heck away from lorem ipsum.

april

#4 Post by april »

No mate you are off in Whakky land.

I read posts on this forum to learn and to help.
You have to read a post to understand it . i am not psychic.
Your posts are just stupid ramblings

nosystemdthanks

#5 Post by nosystemdthanks »

april wrote:Your posts are just stupid ramblings
this, from someone who refuses to use ubuntu because the name is too "black."

but youre missing the point-- what kind of idiot spends their day looking for stupid ramblings to read, then complains that theyre stupid?

just dont read them. whatever makes you want to read stupid ramblings, you can get far more from the web than i could possibly supply you with. but go ahead, just dont be an idiot and complain. either you want to read them or you should stop complaining and just report them to the moderator if theres just cause.

by any argument youve made, theres no logic at all in complaining to me about them-- im not going to change a thing for you.

but i wont make you read them, either.

the only reason i ever talked to you was to say "thank you" for sticking up for me a year or two ago. obviously youve changed your tune, that doesnt bother me.

but i have no control over what you choose to read, so youre just whinging at me when you should simply NOT OPEN THE THREAD. i mean really now, its not like anybody posted to it except you. WHY OPEN IT? you make zero sense. there isnt even a reason for it.

and you code, right? so youre capable of logic, but you really need to apply it to this situation. continuing to whinge about it is stupid, i clearly dont put any stock in your opinion about this. if you continue to complain instead of applying logic, whatever.

but the more you complain when its in your power to do something more reasonable and effective, the more pathetic it is. you might as well yell at your television and expect results from that. ridiculous.

my guess is you dont even know what youre saying half the time, because youre one of those people that goes online when youre drunk or high so you can yell at people. ive known a few people that do that and you fit the profile.

either way, youre certainly capable of being a lot smarter than youre bothering to right now. but i have no control over that either-- youve had the power to go where you want on the forum all this time: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ooM-RGUTe2E

Burn_IT

#6 Post by Burn_IT »

I thought rambling referred to walking aimlessly for miles, but it seems there are other meanings.
"Just think of it as leaving early to avoid the rush" - T Pratchett

jafadmin

#7 Post by jafadmin »

Burn_IT wrote:I thought rambling referred to walking aimlessly for miles, but it seems there are other meanings.
https://www.thefreedictionary.com/rambling

See first post in this thread

:lol:

Burn_IT

#8 Post by Burn_IT »

Irony is well dead!!
"Just think of it as leaving early to avoid the rush" - T Pratchett

spiritwild

#9 Post by spiritwild »

I changed cat litter today.

That's like
(scoop 3 > /proc/sys/vm/drop_poop}

In cat code. :lol:

nosystemdthanks

#10 Post by nosystemdthanks »

spiritwild wrote:In cat code. :lol:
oh, come on-- theres a cat command, and you didnt even use it.