Sooooo.....PWidget modified for regular Conky?

Using applications, configuring, problems
Flash858

Sooooo.....PWidget modified for regular Conky?

#1 Post by Flash858 »

I'd like to modify some Pwidgets for use in "regular Conky" so I can use the code as a script for other distros. Specifically, Weather2, which works beautifully, and gives me just what I'm looking for.

Has anyone done this?

Any and all advice is welcome, thanks!
Currently happily running Puppy Xenial 7.5 64-bit , and Ubuntu Mate 18.04 ... :D

Flash858

#2 Post by Flash858 »

200+ views, and {crickets}...

Anyone?
Currently happily running Puppy Xenial 7.5 64-bit , and Ubuntu Mate 18.04 ... :D

Moat

#3 Post by Moat »

Kind of a guess/off the top of my head, but - the Pwidget's config files are essentially "regular" conky configs, and should more-or-less run on another distro with conky installed. The most important key would be to modify the paths to those exterior scripts to which your desired Pwidgets/conky config (Weather2 in this case) points to (and vice-versa; scripts to point back at the conky config, if required) - or, conversely, set up the Pwidgets directory structure and files on your other distro to be the same as it is on Puppy (/usr/local/pwidgets/scripts/... etc - ?? I think, as I'm not on Puppy at the moment...) - that might save some work at re-doing paths.

I do recall messing around with this in the past, and was able to get some Pwidgets conkies working on Mint/Ubuntu.

Also might be worth a try manually installing the Pwidgets .pet, itself (folder by folder, file by file - unpacked and pasted, etc... all except Pwidget's conky binary - I'd try your distro's already installed conky version first, anyway) and seeing if Pwidgets might fire and run all on it's own (while ignoring the typical Linux default /etc/conky/ config path). Never tried that... but might just work. :?:

Just some thoughts, FWIW...

Bob

spiritwild

#4 Post by spiritwild »

I use this, simple enough for my needs. I just call it with my zipcode or location code/airport code, whatever they call it lately.

#!/bin/sh
#AccuWeather (r) RSS weather tool for conky
#
#USAGE: weather.sh <locationcode>
#
#(c) Michael Seiler 2007

METRIC=0 #Should be 0 or 1; 0 for F, 1 for C

if [ -z $1 ]; then
echo
echo "USAGE: weather.sh <locationcode>"
echo
exit 0;
fi

curl -s http://rss.accuweather.com/rss/liveweat ... ocCode\=$1 | perl -ne 'if (/Currently/) {chomp;/\<title\>Currently: (.*)?\<\/title\>/; print "$1"; }'
Attachments
conky.png
(29.21 KiB) Downloaded 88 times