PMRP

Audio editors, music players, video players, burning software, etc.
Mike Walsh

PMRP

#1 Post by Mike Walsh »

Evening, all.

Came across this on Linux-Apps.com, when I was skimming to find AppImages. This isn't an AppImage at all; it is, however, available as a .deb 'noarch' package.....merely a couple of scripts that essentially stream URLs from radio websites. There's also an RPM package, and the source code (if you want to compile it yourself.)

Can't say much more about it than that. It does the same thing as any other radip player.....but it's another option for Puppians. You add URLs in pretty much the same way; you merely call up an editable list, where you add your own URLs.....although there's a fair selection already included.

One wee 'tip'. You double-click any entry to start the stream playing.....but you may find (like me) that you sometimes need to double-click more than once.

https://www.linux-apps.com/p/1239435/

.....and click on the 'Files' tab to access the .deb file. Currently running nicely in Upup Bionic Beaver (the only one I've tried so far), but I see no reason why this wouldn't work in most Pups, from 5-series onwards. Maybe even 4-series, too, though I can't speak there from experience.

Enjoy.

Mike. :wink: