Puppy boot options

Puppy related raves and general interest that doesn't fit anywhere else
hamoudoudou

Puppy boot options

#1 Post by hamoudoudou »

If Dogs never learnt how Puppy Linux boots, read boot options
I am translating DebianDog utilities.. Learn how to do is faster when explained by a teacher.. better than hazardous tries..
Last edited by hamoudoudou on Fri 13 Jul 2018, 18:32, edited 1 time in total.

dancytron

Re: boot options

#2 Post by dancytron »

hamoudoudou wrote:If Dogs never learnt how ppupy boots, read boot options
Just so no one looking at this thread later gets confused, this link has absolutely nothing to so with the boot options for Debian Dog and doesn't belong in this thread.

hamoudoudou

Why not to format FAT32 when Gparted.

#3 Post by hamoudoudou »

About Puppy boot options, i disagree with you.
These parameters are to be used in menu.lst with Grub4Dos... And can be used with DebianDOG. GRUDOS itself is a Puppy boot process, and has been added to DebianDog.
Never mind

About formating FAT32, topic tells us to use Gparted and format ext2, but screenshots later show ow to use FAT 32 .. FAT 32 has so many advantages, Why not to format FAT32 when Gparted.
Brand new usb for first test... DebianDOGs cheatcodes are the default for us, Puppy Users, pupsave are so easy..
Attachments
05-new-debdog-install.jpg
Grub4Dos and FAT32
(23.74 KiB) Downloaded 422 times

dancytron

Re: Why not to format FAT32 when Gparted.

#4 Post by dancytron »

hamoudoudou wrote:About Puppy boot options, i disagree with you.
These parameters are to be used in menu.lst with Grub4Dos... And can be used with DebianDOG. GRUDOS itself is a Puppy boot process, and has been added to DebianDog.
Never mind

About formating FAT32, topic tells us to use Gparted and format ext2, but screenshots later show ow to use FAT 32 .. FAT 32 has so many advantages, Why not to format FAT32 when Gparted.
Disagree all you want, you are wrong. None of the puppy boot options (the ones that start with p) work with Debian Dog. There are some general kernel boot options that might work with both, but that's not what is at the link you posted.

Debian Dog uses either DebianLive or Porteus to boot. They each have their own boot options which are different than Puppy. It has nothing to do with Grub or Grub4Dos.

hamoudoudou

Puppy does what any Linux is still unable To do

#5 Post by hamoudoudou »

Of course puppy commands cannot be used.. Just look what we can do with a Puppy and try to do as well.. That is development.. Puppy Linux had success because it does what any Linux is still unable To do
Dogs use vintage systems.. to launch their LiveCD

My purpose here is to install DebianDog using Debian installer. I am learning how-to-do.. Link to Puppy boot options is just for information. If you don't want to study them, no trouble.. I just underline that I study DebianDog systems.
Sorry if my English is not perfect..
Attachments
devuanJessie.jpg
EMTEC USB 8GB
(78.67 KiB) Downloaded 391 times

fredx181

#6 Post by fredx181 »

@hamoudoudou
You talk too much !!
We are not interested in what you are going to do in the future, and certainly not about your "opinion" concerning "Dog" vs "Puppy".
Yes, Dogs have different boot options compared to Puppy. So what !?
Just give some feedback, if you want (negative or positive), about what you actually tested on Dog systems. All other comments from you are completely useless to me.

Stop that nonsense talk, please !?

Fred

hamoudoudou

Learning and learning takes time.

#7 Post by hamoudoudou »

We are lost with all these different ways for Booting.. Of course i compare with puppy , because i am used to it. If Dogs could all boot as a puppy, understand that it will be heaven for us... Learning and learning takes time.
Once understood how to boot and how to save, Dogs are pleasant to use, that is a fact.. and easy to use, in flight..
base on Debian or Devuan does not make a difference,

cthisbear

#8 Post by cthisbear »

Years ago one of the first Japanese Puppies had different booting options.

Glorious. Just type a number I think.

Very few have followed that course.

One of the first Linux cds I booted was Lindows.

Killed by Micros..t.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Microsoft ... .com,_Inc.

https://www.linux.org/threads/lindows.11236/

Having something boot successfully in Linux...at last.

Anyway then I went on until discovering BK and Puppy.

Never really bothered after that with anything else.

I even used one of the Japanese Pups in Japan where they only had
Windows NT.

Made that computer fly it did.

Those were the days Mary Hopkins.

Chris.