A upupbb-18.05+2 variant, K4.9.96, 32 bit, pae.

For talk and support relating specifically to Puppy derivatives
csipesz

A upupbb-18.05+2 variant, K4.9.96, 32 bit, pae.

#1 Post by csipesz »

Attachments
Screenshot.jpg
(71.68 KiB) Downloaded 1713 times

butchydave

upupbb-18.05+2

#2 Post by butchydave »

I almost always use one of your Out house sink pups for my daily driver. You make it much easier to configure because everything IS there. I tried twice to download and both times it hit 99% and would not complete the download. Would you please check it out? Thanks as always, Dave
Maybe update to the latest too please, that would be extra special.
Thanks again....Dave :)

ally

#3 Post by ally »

https://archive.org/download/Puppy_Linu ... 18june.iso

:)

edit: FYI, the pause at 99% is mega decrypting the file, I've found much improved download speeds with megatools

hamoudoudou

Burn CDs was a nightmare

#4 Post by hamoudoudou »

for burning on a CD.. fill it..
I download it for replacement of standard upup bionic version. I ope it works... Burn CDs was a nightmare, when i was young.. :wink:
I like Puppies from hungary.
Skamilinux.hu stands by people by quite a daily message about new releases in Puppy Linux world. Bravo à eux.
Attachments
beaver.jpg
Use transparency to stick your beaver near fisherwoman
(49.49 KiB) Downloaded 734 times
Last edited by hamoudoudou on Wed 04 Jul 2018, 03:19, edited 2 times in total.

butchydave

upupbb-18.05+2

#5 Post by butchydave »

:lol: Ally to the rescue! Thanks for the download. You are a treasure to puppy with your IA resources. Many are the pups I have downloaded from IA. Again thank you. Csipesz, thanks for another "Out house sink" pup. I have installed to a USB stick and am setting it up with all my favorite programs etc. Not my daily yet, but will be soon. Your older 7.0.4 zenial is still one that I use frequently. Upupbb loaded fine and is running GREAT! Another fine pup for the kennel.

stemsee

#6 Post by stemsee »

Love this theme and I am testing it out. VLC no gui.
Opera is running well. Installed latest office.

good job.

stemsee
Attachments
Screenshot(1).png
(86.79 KiB) Downloaded 279 times

fishmanluvslinux

Going To Try

#7 Post by fishmanluvslinux »

I have been having a problem with find something that would work with this Toshiba Satellite Pro 6100 (2002) 32-Bit. It has a P4-M @ 1.80 Ghz, maxxed out @ 1 Gb of RAM, brand new IDE 60 Gb HDD @ 7200 Rpms. I hope this one will work on this under-powered machine. I will keep yall posted.

tlchost

save file not recognized

#8 Post by tlchost »

Using a bootable usb drive formatted as fat32....while the distro creates a save file, upon reboot the save file is not recognized(error message says save file not found). Any help would be appreciated. Thanks

p310don

#9 Post by p310don »

I have been having a problem with find something that would work with this Toshiba Satellite Pro 6100 (2002) 32-Bit. It has a P4-M @ 1.80 Ghz, maxxed out @ 1 Gb of RAM, brand new IDE 60 Gb HDD @ 7200 Rpms. I hope this one will work on this under-powered machine. I will keep yall posted.
I doubt this will work. Your P4-M processor is not PAE compatible. This Puppy spin is a PAE pup. See how you go

tlchost

Re: save file not recognized

#10 Post by tlchost »

tlchost wrote:Using a bootable usb drive formatted as fat32....while the distro creates a save file, upon reboot the save file is not recognized(error message says save file not found). Any help would be appreciated. Thanks
bump

hamoudoudou

opera

#11 Post by hamoudoudou »

Rate Opera
Version information

Version: 45.0.2552.898 - An error occurred while checking for updates
Update stream: Stable
System: UPupBB 18.05 (x86; Unknown)
Last edited by hamoudoudou on Thu 05 Jul 2018, 02:44, edited 1 time in total.

tlchost

Re: distrospecs

#12 Post by tlchost »

hamoudoudou wrote:Look at distrospecs in etc if pupsave name is the same as yours..
pupsave ubbpup renamed upupbb.
there is no distrospecs in etc ... and pfind doesn't find it if I do a search on all files

hamoudoudou

Pnones tablets cameras

#13 Post by hamoudoudou »

Phones tablets cameras/ Import files to Puppy Linux
Attachments
camponeetab.jpg
Nokia c2 ok
(53.87 KiB) Downloaded 705 times
Last edited by hamoudoudou on Thu 05 Jul 2018, 02:50, edited 1 time in total.

tlchost

Re: Then i Don't know..

#14 Post by tlchost »

hamoudoudou wrote:Then i Don't know..
Thanks for trying...im wondering of the password is not recognized? Maybe try not entering a password when the file is created. I'll wait for a fix...it seems to be a very nice distro.

rcrsn51

#15 Post by rcrsn51 »

What password? Are you setting up an encrypted save file?
I'll wait for a fix..
Problems only get fixed if you provide sufficient information.

Philh

#16 Post by Philh »

There is /etc/DISTRO_SPECS
The save file works ok for me on fat32 called upupbbsave using unencrypted.
I did notice that to make an unencrypted savefile you have to select yes when it says do you want encryption.
Presumably no for encryption.

butchydave

Saves

#17 Post by butchydave »

Thinking back on my saves it took 2 tries. The wording on yes-no made no truly (to me) sense. If I recall correctly went with default yes thinking no encrypt per usual default- just save. Didn't work. Second was "no". Worked and working. Maybe crypto is a dead end at this time? Right now? I am pretty darn happy! :)

Colonel Panic

#18 Post by Colonel Panic »

Hi! Thanks for producing this one. It's working OK for me except that text pages don't always display well in Opera; there are some vertical lines interrupting the flow of the text.
Gigabyte M68MT-52P motherboard, AMD Athlon II X4 630, 5.8 GB of DDR3 RAM and a 250 GB Hitachi hard drive running Ubuntu 16.04.6, MX-19.2, Peppermint 10, PCLinuxOS 20.02, LXLE 18.04.3, Pardus 19.2, exGENT 200119, Bionic Pup 8.0 and Xenial CE 7.5 XL.

tlchost

#19 Post by tlchost »

rcrsn51 wrote:What password? Are you setting up an encrypted save file?
No I am NOT setting up an encrypted save file....BUT the system asks me for a password anyway.
I'll wait for a fix..
Problems only get fixed if you provide sufficient information.
Ah....and if no one tells me what information I should provide, and my crystal ball is cloudy, I can only wait for the lens to clear or some other event beyond my control.

hamoudoudou

open your downloaded ISO by a clic on it

#20 Post by hamoudoudou »

You must have a distrospecs file in etc ! it tells computer pupsave name to load at reboot. ! If you don' have :evil: open your downloaded ISO by a clic on it and check if distrospecs is here
Should be in Zdrive Or initrd..
Where is the builder of that Puppy to help his customers ? i report to skamilinux as soon as they appear in my world, usually daily.