DEVUAN Jessie Puppy?

What features/apps/bugfixes needed in a future Puppy
s243a

#41 Post by s243a »

musher0 wrote: I may be wrong, but I think there is no such thing as a "Devuan Stretch".

The DPupStetch-7.0 that I have at augras' repo is based on Debian. The
others are easily recognizable: my xenialPup-7.0.6 is of course based on
Ubuntu packages, and the Puduan-6 is, as you already know, based on
Devuan packages. When I say "are based", I mean that I have built them
with the help of the corresponding Woof-CE scripts.

BFN.
There may or may not be such a things as "Devuan Stretch" but if there isn't there might be an easy way to convert "Debian Stretch" into a Devuan like distro. See thread:
Turn Your DebianDog Into Devuan - a simple howto

However, I don't know if it has been tested for compatibility:
"Do all the existing packages in Debian Dog match what is in Devuan? Don't you risk conflicts if just change the repositories on Debian Dog without replacing everything if an existing package in Debian Dog is different than its equivalent in Devuan?"
http://murga-linux.com/puppy/viewtopic. ... 253#920253

Edit: I don't think that it would be hard to write a script to swap the debiandog binaries with the equivalent version from the closest version of DEVUAN. However, then the result would be something closer to a particular version of DEVAUN then a particular version of Debian.

rcrsn51

#42 Post by rcrsn51 »

s243a wrote:There may or may not be such a things as "Devuan Stretch" .
Read here.

s243a

#43 Post by s243a »

rcrsn51 wrote:
s243a wrote:There may or may not be such a things as "Devuan Stretch" .
Read here.
So I see a table which shows an equivalence between devaun and debian. I'm guessing then that there is a high degree of binary compatibility, so therefore anikin's conversion method should work well :)

fredx181

#44 Post by fredx181 »

Build script (and ISO downloads) for to create Devuan "ASCII" minimal live ISO (for testing):
http://murga-linux.com/puppy/viewtopic. ... 908#996908

Fred

hamoudoudou

#45 Post by hamoudoudou »

anikin wrote:For those who want to know more about how Debian/Devuan works, go here:

https://files.devuan.org

i hope woofers/debian based puppy builders will be the first to start downloading Devuan. Knowledge of Debian should be their #1 job requirement. If you don't know Debian, you have no business building puppies. It's that simple.
password
root
toor
Attachments
Tonkinois.jpg
Devuan "ASCII" Fredx181, i suppose..
(42.88 KiB) Downloaded 222 times

hamoudoudou

Wifi with Devuan ascii provied by Dog fredx181

#46 Post by hamoudoudou »

no business buiding puppies, but Puppy Linux was not done for buiding, but to make the family computer be useful.. for accounting how much money available for shopping, for listening to last popular songs, to watch movies..
or to learn computing for 0.01 % of owners..
it will be a long way to retrieve Roma.. everyday you build a new road.
however in spite weak connection, i am using Wifi with Devuan ascii build by fredx181
feed-back to Puppy Linux expert rcrsn51
Attachments
MTpaint.jpg
PeasyWifi as Default Wireless manager
(54.95 KiB) Downloaded 206 times

anikin

#47 Post by anikin »

hamoudoudou,

You are destroying this community by spamming. I'm going to write a PM to Flash asking him to ban you. You have been banned before for the exact same thing and haven't learned a lesson.

darry19662018

#48 Post by darry19662018 »

anikin wrote:hamoudoudou,

You are destroying this community by spamming. I'm going to write a PM to Flash asking him to ban you. You have been banned before for the exact same thing and haven't learned a lesson.
+1 Yes personally don't know what it takes for Flash to do the right thing he has plenty of evidence to go on.:(