How to put a digital clock and calendar on desktop?

Using applications, configuring, problems
nic007

How to put a digital clock and calendar on desktop?

#1 Post by nic007 »

I see images of some puplets on here with a digital clock and calendar running on the desktop (pinboard). What application is this, I would like to download it? Like in this image: http://murga-linux.com/puppy/viewtopic. ... 600#997600

Moat

#2 Post by Moat »

pWidgets, by Zigbert - look in the Additional Software > Desktop subforum. It's an excellent little Puppy front-end for conky.

Bob

nic007

#3 Post by nic007 »

Thanks. Surprised to see it has been with us since 2008!

Mike Walsh

#4 Post by Mike Walsh »

@ nic007:-

You can also run pWidgets with an analogue clock if you want to (based on a fork of xonclock, I believe). There's tons of different clock 'skins' available in the 'Eye Candy' section.

My Slacko 570:-

I have what I call my 'information panel' on the right of the screen, with pWidgets to the top (just clock & weather), and gKrellM below it.

The digital clock and calendar are just two of several other 'plug-ins' that come with it by default.

Mike. :wink:

nic007

#5 Post by nic007 »

Yes, so I've noticed. Also running the analogue clock. Pity that some plugins don't work or don't work correctly for me.

Mike Walsh

#6 Post by Mike Walsh »

nic007 wrote:Yes, so I've noticed. Also running the analogue clock. Pity that some plugins don't work or don't work correctly for me.
No, they don't all seem to work; the fan speeds/temps plugin won't work for me, for instance. If you want advice on getting all the pWidgets items to work properly, you could drop davids45 a line. I know he seems to have got everything up-and-running with the help of some 'tweaking'.

(BTW, that clock-skin of mine isn't in the standard skins as supplied. It's one I found on-line. I've got a whole bunch I found on-line, actually. If you're interested, I could make them up into a 'pack' for you.)

Mike. :wink:

nic007

#7 Post by nic007 »

Thanks, Mike but the clock I'm using looks fine. I've just changed the weather update settings to 15 minutes (the default of 10 seconds is a waste of data).