SiteMagic website framework .pet. 1 click setup

Talk about and post software packages known to work or packaged for Puppy.
rockedge

SiteMagic website framework .pet. 1 click setup

#1 Post by rockedge »

Threw together a PET package for SiteMagic which replaces the stock Hiawatha 6 with version 10.8.1 adds PHP 7.0, configures the correct modules and sets up the website framework SiteMagic
Download and install the PET
start Hiawatha and open a browser : http://localhost/SMagic.

the Puppy Personal Blog (pup_pplog.pl) will continue to run as well.

SiteMagic can be upgraded and the web server root remains ~/Web-Server and adding mysql or mariaDB is possible to run WordPress or any other web programs. The user remains -> webuser:webgroup

Download : https://drive.google.com/open?id=1AhVcu ... eD0MBwOaSA (24 MB)

bigpup

#2 Post by bigpup »

Should post this in one of the specific sections of Additional Software.
We the posters are the ones controlling the topic location.
Took a lot of work to try and make some order out of Additional Software.
Please help too!
The things they do not tell you, are usually the clue to solving the problem.
When I was a kid I wanted to be older.... This is not what I expected :shock:
YaPI(any iso installer)

rockedge

#3 Post by rockedge »

then point out the correct spot....I looked for "webserver" LAMP stack or Hiawatha related anything...mysql, mariaDB found nothing so I picked something close......just point me in the right direction and I will comply

next time I won't share.

Flash
Official Dog Handler

#4 Post by Flash »

If nobody shares, we'll all have to write our own programs or buy them.

Yeah, this just doesn't fit anywhere. There needs to be a category for servers and such. What else belongs with servers, websites?

By the way, when you put a link to a download, please say the size of the download. This one's over 23 MB.

bigpup

#5 Post by bigpup »

Well, Flash runs the forum.
He can move it if he wants too.

Maybe Browsers & Internet section :idea:

Is this a server or a website design program?
Or both?

Thanks for the Pet!

Any idea what versions of Puppy this should work on?
The things they do not tell you, are usually the clue to solving the problem.
When I was a kid I wanted to be older.... This is not what I expected :shock:
YaPI(any iso installer)

rockedge

#6 Post by rockedge »

yes a new section...... Apache,Hiawatha,NGINX and Cherokee are among the servers as are some Nodejs applications....perhaps a forum sub section with webservers, PHP and databases (mysql or mariaDB) would be enough to start with. I have found that Puppy Linux in Lucid,Tahr,Xenial,Bionic all run LAMP or LHMP stacks (webserver package i.e. Linux Apache Mysql PHP) as well as any OS out there...even Ubuntu Server gets a run for it's money.....

the sitemagic frmae work with the new Hiawatha and PHP 7.0 was made for Xenial 7.5 32 bit.....If there is any interest I can build 64 bit version and Tahr 6.0.5 and 6.0.6 should work as well. I will test this PET on both Tahr(s) and Bionic from peabee and one fresh from woof-CE with a 4.17 PAE kernel...the first set of PETs will be for 32 bit systems so we can have a working version for Bionic models included.
SiteMagic wrote:Anyone can be
a Web Designer
Create beautiful and captivating websites with Sitemagic CMS. Get started with high quality templates ready to use. Sitemagic even takes care of mobile & SEO optimizations for you.
I have only scanned and played a little bit with sitemagic...I made this for a forum member and guess that there may be other Puppy People who would want a fast and easy way to set up the CMS frame work with a Hiawatha server so the Puppy Personal Blog will continue to run as expected right along side sitemagic.....it is a web server that can execute PHP......and by adding mysql or mariadb from the PPM one then can possess a full featured webserver on their local machine. with a little configuration and a dynamic IP updater one is reachable over the Internet if one so desires.

Flash
Official Dog Handler

#7 Post by Flash »

Servers seem to be such a major use of computers that they merit their own section somewhere in the forum. What else is like that?

tlchost

#8 Post by tlchost »

Flash wrote:Servers seem to be such a major use of computers that they merit their own section somewhere in the forum. What else is like that?
Web Development? Web Page Related?