pFind 6.3

Filemanagers, partitioning tools, etc.
disciple

#121 Post by disciple »

Ah - yes, that seems to be it, but I thought that was how you'd always done it.

------
Of COURSE!

I've just realised that the reason XnView doesn't work as the image browser is because your links don't have file extensions on the end of their names. If I add them manually, then it works fine.

zigbert

#122 Post by zigbert »

but I thought that was how you'd always done it.
"But I thought the old lady dropped it into the ocean in the end" (couldn't help it :D )

I thought so too
Maybe it's time to rethink the filenaming.

disciple

From another thread

#123 Post by disciple »

I have 2.6 running on puppy 3.01 and when the config file is changed to "search only current filesystem=true" it reverts back to "false" every time. This never happened in prior versions

Pfind is a great find tool which I use all the time because I can never remember where anything is in the filesystem. Wink

Great work and thanks
I haven't checked if it's the same for me.

http://www.murga-linux.com/puppy/postin ... ly&t=22906

zigbert

#124 Post by zigbert »

I have 2.6 running on puppy 3.01 and when the config file is changed to "search only current filesystem=true" it reverts back to "false" every time. This never happened in prior versions
In config file it should say:
CHKXDEV=true #search only current filesystem

Disciple
You say Xnview needs the extensions. I remember I tried Gqview once, and it wouldn't accept pfind output. Maybe this is the answer. I need to check this out since Barry includes Gqview in the upcoming Puppy.

Sigmund

disciple

#125 Post by disciple »

Sorry, I gave the wrong link somehow :( They should be looking here now anyway. http://www.murga-linux.com/puppy/viewto ... 317#149317

seaside

Pfind 2.6 config problem (SOLVED)

#126 Post by seaside »

After some experimentation, I found that the Pfindrc file had version 2.5 instead of 2.6 which caused the problem

See:
http://www.murga-linux.com/puppy/viewtopic.php?t=22906

Any chance of getting a mouse right click button to bring up the selection menu for filenames?

disciple

#127 Post by disciple »

I don't think gtkdialog can do that unfortunately. It's a real pity really.
What it can do is a button to remove the selected item from the list. That might be cool...

zigbert

#128 Post by zigbert »

I'm dreamin' of mouse-right-menu and drag'n drop

But lets try to get the best out of it.

Suggestions are always welcome.

Sigmund

cb88

#129 Post by cb88 »

I appdir'ed pfind 2.6 I think it works correctly...
Attachments
pfind-2.6.1.pet
(16.3 KiB) Downloaded 410 times
Taking Puppy Linux to the limit of perfection. meanwhile try "puppy pfix=duct_tape" kernel parem eater.
X86: Sager NP6110 3630QM 16GB ram, Tyan Thunder 2 2x 300Mhz
Sun: SS2 , LX , SS5 , SS10 , SS20 ,Ultra 1, Ultra 10 , T2000
Mac: Platinum Plus, SE/30

seaside

#130 Post by seaside »

cb88 wrote:I appdir'ed pfind 2.6 I think it works correctly...

Just downloaded and it still shows VERSION=2.5 in the pfindrc file....
Zigbert -

I'm dreamin' of mouse-right-menu and drag'n drop

But lets try to get the best out of it.

You're right -
"perfection is the enemy of good" :wink:

cb88

#131 Post by cb88 »

I think sigmund just forgot to change that....

I am pretty sure that it really is 2.6 cause that is what the dotpet I got if from was called.
Taking Puppy Linux to the limit of perfection. meanwhile try "puppy pfix=duct_tape" kernel parem eater.
X86: Sager NP6110 3630QM 16GB ram, Tyan Thunder 2 2x 300Mhz
Sun: SS2 , LX , SS5 , SS10 , SS20 ,Ultra 1, Ultra 10 , T2000
Mac: Platinum Plus, SE/30

seaside

#132 Post by seaside »

cb88 wrote:I think sigmund just forgot to change that....

I am pretty sure that it really is 2.6 cause that is what the dotpet I got if from was called.
You're right, it is version 2.6, and if the pfindrc file does not say version=2.6, the config file will revert back to the default settings after changes are made - causes people to think their mind is going - (well, my mind anyway) :wink:

zigbert

#133 Post by zigbert »

version 2.7 is uploaded. See main post.

disciple

#134 Post by disciple »

Yes! This is great. The configuration gui is cool :)

Out of curiosity, for the mimetypes, why don't you use the ability of gtkdialog to edit text, instead of opening up a text editor?

disciple

#135 Post by disciple »

:lol: It's funny how if I run a search for mp3s and then tell it to open them in xmms, they come up in xmms in a different order each time :shock:

I just discovered that bug is actually still there (sort of).
When it initially displays the search results, they are truncated like before - halfway through one of the files. But if I use one of the list actions then all of the results are used, and if I click the button to show all results, then it shows them all properly.
What was the deal with this bug? Do you know what was causing the problem?

----------------------
The other thing I noticed is that occasionally after a search, I run a list action, and then click file-advanced search, and Pfind closes. I noticed this in Puppy 2.16 with 2.6, but I thought it was just another one of the strange things that happened in 2.16 :)
When I get a chance I might run Pfind from a terminal and just keep doing searches to see if I can get it to do it again, to see if it tells me anything about it.

zigbert

#136 Post by zigbert »

Thank you for your patience with me. Fixing one bug, - gets another... It seems to be a long road to get this right. I will check your feedback, but now it's soon bedtime.

Good night
Sigmund

disciple

#137 Post by disciple »

No, no. Thank you for the excellent software.

I think I didn't quite get what was going on with the "other thing" I mentioned. If I run a list action, then click "advanced search", then Pfind disappears until I close the program that the action opened. I would have thought the &s you've used would stop this, but maybe I'm missing something.

-----------------
I wonder how hard it would be for the "open with music player" action to do a little check and not bother making all the symlinks if you use an action that opens the m3u? I might look at that. It would be quite a lot faster...

disciple

#138 Post by disciple »

Oh - I just noticed a proper bug :) I'm not sure how long it's been around, as I don't use the extra columns much, so I've probably just not noticed.
Attachments
b.jpg
(7.28 KiB) Downloaded 553 times

zigbert

#139 Post by zigbert »

I would have thought the &s you've used would stop this, but maybe I'm missing something.
If you ever find the missing something, please tell me. I have struggled with this for a while...
I wonder how hard it would be for the "open with music player" action to do a little check and not bother making all the symlinks if you use an action that opens the m3u? I might look at that. It would be quite a lot faster...
If I get you right, you mean to rename /tmp/pfind-view to a m3u file. This sounds like a very good idea. The problem is that gxine doesn't support m3u, and it would need some reorganization of code.

I don't have the same coloum-bug that you got??????

Sigmund

disciple

#140 Post by disciple »

I don't have the same coloum-bug that you got??????
That's interesting. I checked and it's the same in Puppy 2.16, so I guess maybe something's changed in 2.17 or 3? Or a locale problem? Maybe you just want to ignore it unless someone else has the same problem in 3.x.

Sorry I couldn't get a screenshot with the whole width of window. The deal is that in the file name column I have the full file name and path, and then what you see there in the other columns.

-----------
Yes - I mean doing a check, and making the symlinks if the action uses them, but not making them if it opens the m3u. I had a look at the code, and it looked like it would be quite complicated. That's why I said I might look at it :)