NOP 4.13 r1 released

For talk and support relating specifically to Puppy derivatives
mistfire

suggestions and another questions in NOP

#161 Post by mistfire »

Gray, you're NOP is great it works better and fine. I heard some news about the development of puppy linux 4.3. there is some improvements there and it is using recent kernel. if the puppy linux 4.3 is released would you release a NOP version of it? (By the way it is advisable to disable the Pwidget by default because it makes the start-up process longer. It must be enable optionally by the users). I wish you maintain using the XFCE desktop environment and thunar as a file manager because it is very user friendly, really great for linux beginners.

And I have a question too. Does the NOP 4.13 (not 4.13r1) can support the dual-core processors? Does it have load SFS script that makes the SFS modules load while the NOP is running? (No need to reboot and after the SFS modules is loaded it is ready to use)

More power to you Gray. GOOD LUCK!

gray

Next NOP

#162 Post by gray »

Hi Mistfire,

Yes I do plan to release NOP based on puppy 4.3. Hopefully Barry will release 4.3 with a modern SMP enabled kernel to take advantage of multiprocessors. I have not had much time lately though, so may be a few weeks after 4.3 is released. I Will take your suggestions onboard re sfs & Pwidgets.

mistfire

RE: NOP released

#163 Post by mistfire »

that is great Gray. I wish that you will succeed making another NOP with better performance, more compact, and faster booting time. Good luck

mistfire

Re: next nop released

#164 Post by mistfire »

By the way, i notice that the print screen button on keyboard doesn't work to deploy screenshots easily and also there is no speaker icon (for volume control) in the panel of NOP 4.13r1. Could you fix that problem?

Can you modify the thunar? if you can, could you possibly embed the ftp, and samba in the thunar for more easy to use. And if possible, add also the computer:/ in the thunar with disk management utility (It is just like My computer in Ms-windows) for easier disk management (such as mounting, formatting etc. which was the same behavior as nautilus or konqueror/dolphin, when when you access computer:/ )

thank you and more power

Max Headroom

Hooray, Gray

#165 Post by Max Headroom »

Any Chance o' Updating to XOrg 7.4 or Might that Rest on Dingo Deans Fortunes? :wink:

setecio

#166 Post by setecio »

Just installed the latest NOP. Excellent. So easy to create desktop launchers as it offers you the likely programs as you type the name and it is all done for you. Excellent. I must try CUPS too sometime - trying it with 3.01 I gave up as it spewed out tons of pages from an HP. Pwidgets and flash :) and my Netgear WG511T works with WPA.

Excellent :D

Thanks.

sotris99

#167 Post by sotris99 »

which devx can i use?

Henry

Xfburn as supplied in Nop 4.1.3 r1 SOLVED

#168 Post by Henry »

I finally found a newer version 1 of xfburn on Internode dated 1 April 2009, and it burns DVDs.

Henry
--------------------------------------------------------
I wrote:

Hello , gray and all,

I'm still using this nop, vastly customized, very stable and trouble-free in a comprehensive business situation. I do need to burn some data compilations for backup to DVD. It works fine with CDs, but not at all DVDs. In terminal I get:

sh-3.00# xfburn
** Message: Thunar-VFS not available, using default implementation

(xfburn:11642): Gtk-WARNING **: format-dvd: missing action format-dvd

(xfburn:11642): Gtk-WARNING **: copy-dvd: missing action copy-dvd
sh-3.00#

Appreciate your help,

Henry

swiatmar

#169 Post by swiatmar »

Wow!
NOPy is really fine :) I've installed the 4.13r1 version yesterday. And I'm really impressed . But I have a small problem now. I don't now why and how, but I've lost my xfce!!! All Icons, panel, background is gone.Really strange. Only wbar is working.
This is how it looks like:
http://www.murga-linux.com/puppy/viewtopic.php?t=48285
is there any possibility to restore it somehow?

8-bit

#170 Post by 8-bit »

I tried to install Abiword in Puppy-431-NOP and Abiword complains about missing libraries.

dawnsboy

#171 Post by dawnsboy »

Grey made an *.sfs file of goffice just for this release of NOP. It is found at http://puppylinux.ca/tpp/NOP/. I have used it without incident when taking NOP for a spin.